Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss Assessor

Options
  • 09-01-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Is there a need to get a loss assessor to value danage to my kitchen which was damaged by a leaking pipe in the attic? I've heard they can be quiet expensive.

Anyhow, anyone else wake up this morning it no water? We did and then after dinner we had too much of it....on the kitchen floor :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Your insurance company should sort all that out, just ring them and they will arrange everything. Last year the same thing happened to someone I know and the loss assessor was also the builder that repaired the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Ditto and we got quote from a builder as well to hand in to the insurance company www.builder-kilkenny.com

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

No harm to take plenty of pictures and write everything down.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Your insurance company should sort all that out, just ring them and they will arrange everything. Last year the same thing happened to someone I know and the loss assessor was also the builder that repaired the ceiling.
    femur61 wrote: »
    Ditto and we got quote from a builder as well to hand in to the insurance company www.builder-kilkenny.com

You really should not take a builder's word for costs to repair damage. You should always get a loss assessor to do the valuation as he/she is proficient in doing this type of thing and also can get you what you’re entitled to i.e. by just accepting your builder's quote and handing it into the insurance company your losing out on alot of money. Also a builder can make up 'extras' that he did not see when preparing the quote, costing you more.

I'm a loss assessor in the Kilkenny / Tipperary area, and I hear countless stories’s each week of people that have done what your friend did. PM me if you want any more information.

Always get a loss assessor, its worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Think if the damage is under €1,000 they won't send anyone out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

I see www.propertyclaimsdirect.ie advertising. The usual : will handle claim and take 10%. Has anyone used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

Hi,

I'm not working for this guy or anything before you ask!

Geoff Kirwin is a good local guy though, if you check out http://www.lossassessing.ie/ his details are up there.

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Theo_Paphitis

Nothing to do with these guys but A friend of mine used them and was extremely happy www.proinsuranceclaims.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm not working for this guy or anything before you ask!

Geoff Kirwin is a good local guy though, if you check out http://www.lossassessing.ie/ his details are up there.

Stephen

yeah i can vouch for geoff, nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

Do loss adjustors have you pay for the engineer's initial report though? I think the cost of that is not refundable by the insurer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Theo_Paphitis

manana wrote: »
    Do loss adjustors have you pay for the engineer's initial report though? I think the cost of that is not refundable by the insurer.

If you get a loss assessor they will do all that for u and get u a better settlement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ditto on recommending Geoff, he sorted out our insurance claim after a burst pipe & was very efficient & professional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Get a loss assessor as they will do all the estimating and negotiations with the insurance. They usually charge 10% of the claim, but well worth it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TommySullivan

Hi

I recently had fire damage to my home. Can any one recommend a good loss adjustor. I was looking at <snip> they look good any thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aisog

Hi Tommy. I had a similar problem about a year ago. I got a loss assessor they act for the public, adjusters work for insurance companies. www.proinsuranceclaims.ie was their name, they got me a really good cash settlement and fairly quick too.

Advertisement