Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WILL IT REALLY SNOW???

Options
  • 09-01-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

just in from dunnes in douglas, wow it was like the end of the world was coming. shelves empty, trollies gone, car park full... worse than Christmas ! is the snow really going to come ? met check show light sleet followed by rain !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

just in from dunnes in douglas, wow it was like the end of the world was coming. shelves empty, trollies gone, car park full... worse than Christmas ! is the snow really going to come ? met check show light sleet followed by rain !

It's just pathetic! A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, people panic buying! It's going to warm up and thaw from Thursday onwards, is there any need to empty supermarket shelves? I think not! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don't pay any attention to metcheck! It's computer generated - not very reliable! We WILL get snow though - you'd never know how much though - but there will be a fair bit, as far as Irish standards are concerned anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

colblimp wrote: »
    It's just pathetic! A bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, people panic buying! It's going to warm up and thaw from Thursday onwards, is there any need to empty supermarket shelves? I think not! :rolleyes:

Nothing pathetic about it. Judging by the state of the place over this period, IF there is a huge snowfall then people are wise to stock up with a weeks shopping. When that happens, shelves are emptied fast. It is simply common sense. Nothing pathetic about it. We did a huge shop yesterday to supply ourselves and also my parents and an uncle who doesn't drive as they are having difficulty with the icy footpaths. Is that pathetic?
    leahyl wrote: »
    Don't pay any attention to metcheck! It's computer generated - not very reliable! We WILL get snow though - you'd never know how much though - but there will be a fair bit, as far as Irish standards are concerned anyway

Nah..not going to snow here. Maybe a small bit on and off but I doubt the predictions will come true. Not in the city anyway. Hope I am wrong though.

Advertisement