Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

If its still open you can sign up here to get a key https://www.combattesting.com/testers_info.php

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I emailed HMV about it, and got this response:
    In response to your query regarding item Battlefield Bad Company 2, I have checked with our Head Office and unfortunately we do not have any details about this product yet. The official website for the product says that partners for Europe have still to be announced. We are currently trying to gain information on this item and I would ask that you check back closer to the release date and hopefully we will have the information you require.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yarnhall wrote: »
    If its still open you can sign up here to get a key https://www.combattesting.com/testers_info.php

Open invites are now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I will not be bothering with any Beta`s or demo`s its not like im not sure if ill be buying this game, or wonder if its gona be any good, I already know the answer to both.

I did play the demo for bad company to get the 2500 points so I could get that smg unlock i think it was the uzi, only to never actually use it anwyays.

Well number 2 looks quite similar to the first one so thats usually a sign of big changes to gameplay and anything else they got wrong the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

KoKane wrote: »
    Well number 2 looks quite similar to the first one so thats usually a sign of big changes to gameplay and anything else they got wrong the first time.

Going by the PS3 beta which I snagged a code for, this game feels a fair bit different. Gameplay is obviously quite similar to the first but it has a different feel to it. Little bit faster and more orientated towards teamwork...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Going by the PS3 beta which I snagged a code for, this game feels a fair bit different. Gameplay is obviously quite similar to the first but it has a different feel to it. Little bit faster and more orientated towards teamwork...

is that a good thing or a bad thing? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

http://rapidshare.de/files/49054427/bfbc2_gameplay.mp4.html

single player action that even looks good on a 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Anyone got their beta keys yet? Wern't play.com releasing them today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

im debating whether to get it on play.com or steam. are play.com reliable to have the game delivered to your door on the day of release?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Anyone got their beta keys yet? Wern't play.com releasing them today?

On the 28th I think....I'l go check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

im debating whether to get it on play.com or steam. are play.com reliable to have the game delivered to your door on the day of release?

Doubtfull it will be there on day of release, but then again if you get it though steam their servers will be overloaded by the bazillion majillion people all downloading it at the same time.

Ive been using direct2drive recently to get games. Got the STO online OB there on friday, 46 mins to download the 10gig installer. The speeds this company can pump out are insane.

@pon oh 28th ? i was sure play said it was the 26th for the keys, then the game goes live after that. The reason to send the keys in advance was to make sure people had a few days to download the client because of slow mirrors and the likes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@pon oh 28th ? i was sure play said it was the 26th for the keys, then the game goes live after that. The reason to send the keys in advance was to make sure people had a few days to download the client because of slow mirrors and the likes.

Some retailers already sent theirs out, so I can't see a reason the rest can't make the 26th.

yeah play.com states the keys are sent out on the 26th

yeah play.com states the keys are sent out on the 26th

Maybe but until something appears on www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta/ I doubt we'll be able to do much with them.

I'm getting mine via the EA Download Manager so will have to wait until the 28th (at least).

edit : amazon.de seem to be the only European retailer to have sent out keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

anyone got their keys ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

nope not yet, I getting mine through the EA store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Those download things like EA downloader and steam uasually charge the same price for a retail copy of the game so I prefer to just go and buy it in the shops....

Those download things like EA downloader and steam uasually charge the same price for a retail copy of the game so I prefer to just go and buy it in the shops....

All depends on if you want the beta or not I suppose.

Beta details (copied from UK EA Forums - original source EA Russia)

Posted by Admin of EA Russia Forums :
    beta starts 28 in 20.00 in Moscow, the client will be available from 28 am.
    We will publish all
    Join in electronicarts.ru/bfbc2beta. currently working on the client hosts in Russia with a partner.

Ponster wrote: »
    Beta details (copied from UK EA Forums - original source EA Russia)

Posted by Admin of EA Russia Forums :

I dont suppose anyone has a contact number for Play.com? The number on their site does not work all it says is " Sorry, this service is unavailable"

Tried a few other sites which have some other numbers on them and its the same story.

• Advertisement

From EA Forums :
    Phoned Play.com customer service at teatime today - the representative (who sounded like she was in a Bombay call centre and was virtually indecipherable) stated that they are still awaiting keys from EA and would try to mail mine within the next 24 to 28 hrs...

When's the Beta

First, let's start by making the official time and date of the Beta the start of this Blog in what will be and EPIC moment in DICE's PC History! The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It

The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB. Here's a hyper-link reminder Battlefield Blog on which retailers will provide PC Beta access through pre-ordering.

Why we're Having a Beta

The Beta is happening for many reasons, like testing the infrastructure, hosting stability, and gameplay tuning (FOV, Weapon Balance, etc...) that no amount of internal testing could provide better than real world exposure. This means there will also be times of choppiness, lag, disconnects, CTDs or other issues a Beta version of any MP game would have. We'll have feedback methods similar to the PS3 Beta as well to ensure your input is gathered and heard.

Advanced warning: there will be things updated in the final game, like a Server browser with more functions, optimizations, performance tweaks, and learning's from the Beta.

This truly is a Beta, so remember that all feedback is appreciated and wanted! :-)

Hosting the Beta

Renting of Beta servers will not be possible, but we'll work closely with all our RSPs* to ensure there is always enough capacity for each individual regions.

Where to Download the Beta

We'll distribute with many partners as possible to ensure the fastest DLs no matter your location around the world. Current know locations and methods will be EADM, Steam, Torrents (only get this from legit sources, i.e. an RSP*), and all our RSP's.

Getting Started In the Beta

STEP 1: Make sure you have at least 5GB free on your HDD and then download and Install BFBC2! :-D
    STEP 2: Once installation is completed (install size will be around 1.5GB) start the client and click the login button. You will then be prompted to sign in with your EA Account. If you don't have an EA Account you'll be able to create one in the same screen. (You may also create your EA Account in advance HERE)
    STEP 3: Enter the unique PC Beta Code during the log in process to authenticate your participation in the Beta.
    Step 4: Create your Soldier name (this will lock that name to your EA account for retail if you want to keep it).

Note: You will not be able to play or access any multiplayer menus without being authenticated. After the Beta Key is registered it will be tied to your EA Account and no longer valid for new registrations. Our game will use SecuROM for the Beta and Final games .exe, for more info on how SecuROM works in BFBC2 please read this Blog to learn about it in more detail.

* Ranked Server Provider (RSP)

//GvD

Finially got through to play in mumbai?? they keys wont be relesed until tomorrow :(

Anti wrote: »
    Finially got through to play in mumbai?? they keys wont be relesed until tomorrow :(

But neither will the download so why the :( ?

Because i assumed that when they said the beta key will be released 2 days before hand it gives people time to download it. I know its only a 1.5gig installer, but with the amount of people that have pre-ordered it could take a while.

Anti wrote: »
    Because i assumed that when they said the beta key will be released 2 days before hand it gives people time to download it. I know its only a 1.5gig installer, but with the amount of people that have pre-ordered it could take a while.

Ah, I see. No there isn't a link to having the key and being able to download the beta. EB games (Oz) and Amazon.de have already sent their keys out but everyone will still have to wait until 6pm-ish tomorrow.

The key is having the beta key before 5:59pm :)

Update : Several people reporting on several different forums that they have received their play.com keys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Just got mine! :)

STEP 1: Please visit the following sites to download Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 PC Beta Client. www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta

Except the link doesn't work :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BlueDrax wrote: »

STEP 1: Please visit the following sites to download Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 PC Beta Client. www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta

Link will probably go live sometime today or tomorrow morning.

Just preordered on Steam. Did the same thing with the ST:O beta and got full client download speeds on the day so hopefully it'll be the same quality for BC.

• Advertisement

BlueDrax wrote: »

Read my post from a little earlier. The beta is being launched at 7pm on the 28th.

Advertisement