Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

alriiiight i just preordered mine over steam also.

now we play the waiting game.

Also, should we start an xfire/steam group page so we can find each other easily? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

we're GMT
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time

so we should have it at 4pm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Sorry...I'm in CET so I got a little mixed up :)

Either way, I wouldn't expect it on the dot of 5pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And i just got my beta key :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Anti wrote: »
    And i just got my beta key :D

me too :)

*edit* oh I ordered it through the EA store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No sign of mine ,ordered on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Bags shooting Anti in the face first :p

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Just in case anyone hasnt ordered it yet, avoid Steam and EA Downloader. Its only €40 on Direct2Drive. Its the Collectors Edition with beta access. :D
    I just ordered it, cant wait will be twiddling my thumbs all day at work tomorrow.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    . Its only €40 on Direct2Drive. Its the Collectors Edition with beta access. :D.

Direct2drive state this on their site

Beta Access**Preorder to join the PC Beta! Beta available from January 28th, 2010 to February 25th, 2010

**Offer expires February 25, 2010. Good only for new purchases of "Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2" for PC (“Product”). Valid only at participating online retailers. Customers will be emailed beta access instructions starting January 28, 2010.

so maybe you wont get your beta key if you order through them

• Advertisement

I ordered my STO beta throgh D2D, got my key instantly, and installed and downloaded the 10.5GB client in well under 2 hours. They have a serious thumbs up from me, unlike play, which i ordered 2 copys, and only 1 key was sent :(

short 30sec vid for the PC beta

Yeah saw this vid on the steam BF forums, the guy that made it says its medium gfx settings, bodes well for max settings.

omfg i cant wait. I have a pc that should be able to handle this game on full settings with AA and AF maxed out.

omfg i cant wait. I have a pc that should be able to handle this game on full settings with AA and AF maxed out.

indeed, getting very excited, its looking like a bout of flu maybe coming on for work tomorrow

Peglegged wrote: »
    Direct2drive state this on their site

Beta Access**Preorder to join the PC Beta! Beta available from January 28th, 2010 to February 25th, 2010

**Offer expires February 25, 2010. Good only for new purchases of "Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2" for PC (“Product”). Valid only at participating online retailers. Customers will be emailed beta access instructions starting January 28, 2010.

so maybe you wont get your beta key if you order through them

What? Fairly standard terms im seeing there.

According to battlefield blog D2D is one of the "official beta partners or some such guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

From what I have read guys and I stand to be corrected on this, but anyone who ordered through STEAM will not get a beta key. When D/L and install is complete the beta key will be shown. Like Dirt 2 on Steam where the multiplayer code is shown.

So write it down or camera phone it or WHATEVA!!!!

Now all we have to do is pray that not everyone will d/l at the same time like the ready2go mobile phones yrs ago when they were got for xmas and everyone wanted to activate them the same time and it took DAYS to get it going LMFAO.

Still hopefully....my rig will max this baby.....:eek:....MEDDICCCCCCCCC

BeansBeans wrote: »
    What? Fairly standard terms im seeing there.

According to battlefield blog D2D is one of the "official beta partners or some such guff.

whoops must of been half asleep this morning when i posted that, I thought it said offer expires the 25th of January

I am a big effin eejit :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The correct filename for the client is known to be BFBC2_PC_ClosedBeta_RC1_511270_Client.zip at close to 1.5 gig. Seems to be no public source about yet though. Naturally there's a few fake torrents being put up under that name by the usual dickheads of this world.

whoops must of been half asleep this morning when i posted that, I thought it said offer expires the 25th of January

I am a big effin eejit :o

Heh was starting to worry, thought i may have missed something.

Although i havent got my key yet...... :p

• Advertisement

indeed, getting very excited, its looking like a bout of flu maybe coming on for work tomorrow

Yeah tell me about it, why did i have to have my chest infection 2 weeks ago and not tonight :( Godfeckingdamnit!

Yeah tell me about it, why did i have to have my chest infection 2 weeks ago and not tonight :( Godfeckingdamnit!

whats that? you're still sick? aww man, maybe you should have an extra long weekend

*Cough* *Cough*

I think your right *Sniff*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have the client downloading, but won't be done for another 2 hours. Does anyone have anywhere I could host it then for the sake of boards/Irish users?

remoted in home and downloaded the client at 30mbps. Will enjoy this as soon as i get home :D

If you guys want i can host it as a torrent on demonoid as ive a seedbox with a gig connection in some country which has no internet laws :p

Im guessing once you ordered on steam we just wait till we see an option to doanload the client in steam?
    As in theres no beta code just the option to download the beta.

Not sure to be honest bud, ill go and look and the steam forums for you now before i leave work.

Seems like alot of angry steam users :

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=733

• Advertisement

It's just appeared on Steam now.

Advertisement