Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Severs are too busy apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Downloading now on steam, max speed im getting is 100 - 140kbps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, the installer seems to have a stupid bug and complains about needed the CD/DVD if you run it from a drive other than c:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

well the download i got was fubar, GG fileplanet premium subscription...

Anyone got any other links that can give mroe then 5kbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

great job by EA i must say. 3 sites to download it from, fileplay is dying, cant load the norwegian site and fileplanet has a 40 minute wait.

Couldnt they have put up an official torrent or something?

Oooh found a working mirror!

Only getting 270KB but meh, will do :D

hypernia BC2 download

Woo cant wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There's a .torrent about if that's a better solution for you.

link to the torrent?

Yup yup, just found that torrent a few minutes ago.

Speeds is ranging between 900KB/s and 2.9MB/s should be done soon. I have not seen confirmation of the integrity of aforemention torrent though.

Eh its on a certain high profile scandinavian torrent site ahem.

edit: spoke too soon, been going nicely for a while its down to 400KB/s now :( bloody leechers

Ahhh that site, i didnt actually thikn to look there. I went to a few private one and found nothing :( I hope to god this actually works

Ya i hope its all right, the mirror i was downloading off is down to 20Kb/s now wont be done till tomorrow, my fileplanet queue has seemingly gone upwards instead of down. Seriously they should have seen this coming.

• Advertisement

well im hitting between 600 and 3.8mbs download atm. If ay of you guys are downloading this torrent send yoru ip in a pm and ill add you to my seed list to boost yoru speeds a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Thanks to logmein I have it installed and ready to go thanks to steam, however still stuck at work. Have seen some mixed reviews already, some saying its very like 2142, which I hated, so we'll see.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Thanks to logmein I have it installed and ready to go thanks to steam, however still stuck at work. Have seen some mixed reviews already, some saying its very like 2142, which I hated, so we'll see.

2 posts ?

Lose your login Fairy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Aye waiting for reply to get the old one back, is no big shakes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

If you want a beta key http://www.i3d.net/bf-bc2-beta-keys-signup.php is the place to go. They still have over 600 keys left. It's a simple 30 second form to fill out.

All the excitement! Now cant get in game :p

Going from the EA UK forums, lots of people are having issues getting in game, some UI issues too. Back to BF2 for me for a day or two, think ill give it a go then.

It annoys me though, if this was a proper closed beta i wouldnt bat an eyelid, but as a preorder incentive and is basically a preview of a close to gold build (one would assume) not a real beta, this is dead sloppy. The amount of times Dice and EA have done similar you would think they have learned. Took me a while but i absorbed the lesson at last. :p:)

Ah still really looking forward to it. :D

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Going from the EA UK forums, lots of people are having issues getting in game, some UI issues too. Back to BF2 for me for a day or two, think ill give it a go then.

Impossible to join a server - Lots of CTDs in server browser...

LOL i cant get past the browser, its crashing constantly, takes ages to get into the game with all the loading crap.

Same problem, been tryign for ages now, either crashes to desktop when i try or when trying to join a game it just sits on please wait. Bit dissapointing to be honest :(

Yep. It's the EA Master server that seems to be dead.

http://twitter.com/repi/status/8339382581

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

grand, i dont feel so bad now! my download on steam is chugging along at 15kb/s :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

grand, i dont feel so bad now! my download on steam is chugging along at 15kb/s :rolleyes:

ah somone else whos feeling my pain

Change your server to somethign in europe and it will fly along.

Got on for a few games,graphics are beautifull.
    Gameplay is more of the same we expect from BF which is fine,nice to see some proper recoil implimented in a new fps title,the less i say about the so-called recoil in MW2 the better.
    I notice a small bit of framerate drop at max settings running @ 1920X1080 8 X FSAA etc but not much. [im running quad core,4gig ram,ati 4870 1 gig]
    Drop shadows down to medium and framerate is very smooth.
    So many effects going with snow,smoke,fog it makes it hard to see where enemies are.
    Turn effects to medium or low and it becomes a lot more clear,cant say i noticed a difference in performance on either setting.
    So far im liking it a lot,the sounds are really excellent.
    Once they sort the issue with the server browser it should be a worthwhile beta participation.

btw tis Dcully here on the wifes laptop account, still cant get my old account sorted after the boards downtime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Right, I know its a beta but......

I've played all the BF's on PC incl BC on Xbox.
    And this is shaping up to be.....average......they really need to get some good feedback from the community on this beta.

-Server browser crashes the game
    -No available way to display ping
    -Given you have to click "PLAY NOW" at present, you are thrown onto a random server, could be anywhere
    -Serious lack of Choppers etc in beta
    -Weapons are crazily overpowered, sniper is basically 1 shot kill (which it should be) , but ammo clips are ridiculously low too for MGs.
    -Feels like it was made for console and ported to PC unfortunately
    -1 map for the beta ??
    -Mapping buttons is a chore, automatically mapped my joystick to infantry.
    -No Prone as of yet
    -Bunnyhopping made its presence known on Day 1, great to see
    -Screen gets too cluttered with information and flashy LED's etc, doesn't seem at all streamlined like BF2/2142
    -I wanted my GOD MAN talking to me like in BF2, explaining stuff and objectives...."Press the Forward key to move forward"
    -Menus are a nightmare

Right, goin back in to play it.

Was really worth pre-ordering for this beta :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It's a beta from Ea , what were you expecting ? :p

No prone spamming = win.

Only played 3 rounds and thought it was pretty decent.Will hop on friday/tonight and test it with alcohol, as can only truly test a beta intoxicated. :D

Got a few rounds in myself there. Im terribly underwhelmed. Real pity was so excited about it.

+
    Beautiful graphics
    quick pace
    its battlefield (well kind of)
    Sound is excellent (technically, atmosphere i feel is lacking, need bf2 style radio chatter)

-
    Its very simplistic feeling
    Snipers are ridiculous, far too easy, most games are becoming snipefests
    Frostbite destruction
    No commander (sad panda)
    Weapons are too powerful on body hits all round, who needs headshots.
    It feels like it has heavy mouse acceleration hardcoded (console port?)
    No seperate sensitivity settings for infantry/vehicle/heli
    tiny FOV

Its a console FPS plain and simple. Easy mode snipers, simplistic gameplay, lack of commander, decimation from frostbite destruction removing cover and sneaking elements, Medics with LMGs? i cant get my head around it.
    Its lost the Battlefield feel (but i guess its Bad Company) i felt Arica Harbour map on PS3 was more reminiscent of BF of yore :p, i think frostbite engine ultimately will totally change the face of the series, restrict it to Bad Company please for the love of god.

edit:
    After playing it a bit more i witnessed the miracle of an attacking team getting past the first two objectives. Its incredible how stupid people are they all seem to kit out as recon and camp on the hill losing every time. Anyway the further into the rear of the map it gets the better it gets, some great fun to be had and a couple of helis not that anyone can actually fly them the way the game is at the moment :D. I still much prefer Arica Harbour map but meh, i wont let the beta make my mind up on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Also too add

-Maps seem to be a bit too short, you really need to have a good team to progress
    -Can't seem to map buttons to Button4/5 on my mouse

+Good thing :o
    You can spawn on any squad member.
    My squad , which seemed to consist of decent player, totally raped the other team. Normally in BF2 the leader would have to stay alive, we were ok as long as any member stayed alive, and due to the short respawns we could constantly attack.
    All we did was rally a Quad to their spawn, jump out and spawn spawn spawn.

Oh, lots of spawnkilling going on too for the defending team, whereas if you try attack the attacking teams spawn you lose health, which is good :)

I got up at 6am this morning in the hope that i could get a few gamess before work... No luck ;( Join game jjust didnt work, and on the one occasion it did i was instantly booted to the GUI and then logged out.

• Advertisement

Been working for me all morning. There was an announcement from EA to only use the "Play Now" button to join servers and not the server browser.

Played for about 30 minutes now. I keep on having to remember that it isn't BF2 and that there isn't a comm-rose but I'm getting used to the new spotting system.

BTW, "Rush mode" is pretty easy when the entire defensive team plays as sniper/recon. :) Managed to arm and blow up 1st objective within 60 seconds by not playing as rambo.

The fact that you can spawn on any squad member is interesting also.

Advertisement