Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Efioanaes wrote: »
    If its anything like COD4 and MW2`s so called hardcore it will ne more like noobcore.,far too easy to kill someone imo.

MW2 yes, practically able to snipe with a pistol from halfway across the map.

COD4's HC was perfect. Never really saw a one shot kill from assault rifles and the like, always took 2-3 rounds to drop someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B1GJH

I have it downloaded already but have no key. They should really give out the beta for free, isn't the whole point of a beta to get feedback? Surely they'd get loads more feedback if everyone had it?!

Dying to play this, looks like a nice mix of CoD and Battlefield.....until Battlefield 3 comes (Hopefully!)

If anyone has a spare key could they please PM me!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

B1GJH wrote: »
    I have it downloaded already but have no key. They should really give out the beta for free, isn't the whole point of a beta to get feedback? Surely they'd get loads more feedback if everyone had it?!

Dying to play this, looks like a nice mix of CoD and Battlefield.....until Battlefield 3 comes (Hopefully!)

If anyone has a spare key could they please PM me!

Thanks!

http://www.i3d.net/bf-bc2-beta-keys-signup.php

register make 25 posts and you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

If its anything like COD4 and MW2`s so called hardcore it will ne more like noobcore.,far too easy to kill someone imo.

To difficult now for ya to bunnyhop through the map .... this mode requires skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

this game i hope will rock but like most pc games nowadays the bugs p*iss me off. hope it's not a rushed game either. will soon find out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

weisses wrote: »
    To difficult now for ya to bunnyhop through the map .... this mode requires skill

lol one shot or a stray bullet can kill ya, great skill required there :rolleyes:
    Atleast in normal mode you have to keep aiming at a moving target to get enough rounds into a player to down him.
    In hc it seems anythinng in and around the genreal area will down a guy - not my idea of skill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Liking what I see of BFBC2 already. Assault class is the only one I feel is a little underpowered at all. Weapon damage feels fine for the most part, as expected the unlockable guns are definitely an improvement on the standard starting ones by a good margin. Hasn't taken too long ranking up either, hopefully this is something that carries over to retail as in truth its a boring, just a race to max rank.

As for the rush mode, well i love it. The game gets concentrated on one portion of the map at a time, the game play is fast, helped by the fact you can respawn on any squad mate, would like to see squad size increased to at least 5 but hopefully 6. Also in favor of the idea that you don't get your chopper from the start, stops a lot of the chopper rape that the bf games are renowned for, they are however a hell of a lot of fun, especially with a decent pilot flying for his co-pilot to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Played some Hardcore last night and loved it. Its not one shot one kill, may be with a sniper rifle but not the normal guns. The guns are more powerful, theres no mini map, no killcam and no spotting. You can still spot and your team will be given an audible indication of that spot but it wont appear on the 3d map. I think, not 100% though, that the map boundaries may not be there either, making stealth easier. I think this is the way a lot of servers will run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TheFairy wrote: »
    Played some Hardcore last night and loved it. Its not one shot one kill, may be with a sniper rifle but not the normal guns. The guns are more powerful, theres no mini map, no killcam and no spotting. You can still spot and your team will be given an audible indication of that spot but it wont appear on the 3d map. I think, not 100% though, that the map boundaries may not be there either, making stealth easier. I think this is the way a lot of servers will run.

Sounds like it will be just full of snipers and FAIL = crap

They ruin it doing things like this, like when they introduced INF only to BF2. Trying to find a 32man Karkand w/vehicles is impossible these days

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh i like it. they just gotta listen to the PC users feedback and they're on a roll

• Advertisement

Played the 360 version of it lastnight ,jesus it is shockingly ugly compared to pc version.
    Atleast MW2 and COD4 resembled its pc counterpart in some way if not as pretty.

Also they have the stationary rocket launchers in different positions giving a much better view of incoming vehicles which smarts of dumbing down for console to me.
    Atleast based on the beta the pc version is not just a console port.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Sounds like it will be just full of snipers and FAIL = crap

They ruin it doing things like this, like when they introduced INF only to BF2. Trying to find a 32man Karkand w/vehicles is impossible these days

Clans where playing Inf only well before EA introduced the game mode. We had a ranked inf only server running a script that blew up the vehicles or prevented them spawning. When EA added the option for Inf only they where replying to what the community asked for at the time. 80% of players will never get a vehicle in a round so its not surprising that Inf only is popular.

The game I played last night had no more snipers than a normal mode, in fact it may even have had less. Gotta love peeps who rubbish something before they even try it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The game I played last night had no more snipers than a normal mode, in fact it may even have had less. Gotta love peeps who rubbish something before they even try it.

The difference I find in RUSH mode is that the more snipers a team have, the less chance they have of winning.

Also a nicely aimed mortar round tends to take care of them pretty quickly :)

Generally the only time I get killed by a sniper is when I've stood in the same spot for more than 5 seconds and if that happens then I deserve to be killed :)

Totally agree Ponster. If you have half your team sniping then nearly everyone of them will be sitting back and not attacking. Certain parts of the map suit sniping and others dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Would the damage be anything similar to COD4 hardcore?

Leucifer wrote: »
    Would the damage be anything similar to COD4 hardcore?

Thats my biggest fear.
    If they left the damage as it is in normal and removed xhair an general ui/map it would be great.

No its not near as strong as COD4 hardcore. Possibly somewhere around COD MW2... Its hard to say, the guns just felt a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am enjoying the beta somewhat but have now encountered an issue whereby my everyone in the game is listed as having zero points on the ingame scoreboard. I seem to move up and down the able as mine or others score improves but no points show. Finally, when a round completes and I am take to the screen that shows your leveling progress, I don't get anything for the round and everything is at zero. I just noticed too that my level ups (new rifle etc) aren't available.

Anyone having this issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Not seen the above issue yet.

Cully as for HC mode, I've seen it stated that either weapon damage has doubled or health has been halved.

Definitely some bugs in the HC mode too, at times I had a crosshair before it eventually disappeared again. Fairy, I think the boundaries are still there, I seem to remember running into it when i went over the hill to 2nd bombsite.

Horadcore or not i seriously think this game will be a keeper and finally be a BF game worthy to follow on form BFV which imo has never been beaten.
    BF BC2 looks like its shaping up to be what BF2 should of been :)
    BF2 was a fun game but just never hit the spot for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Horadcore or not i seriously think this game will be a keeper and finally be a BF game worthy to follow on form BFV which imo has never been beaten.
    BF BC2 looks like its shaping up to be what BF2 should of been :)
    BF2 was a fun game but just never hit the spot for me.

BF Heroes is above BFBC2 for me :confused:

its a console game with console style play, not into it all.

Fooking hate when i look forward to a game and get this :mad:

Anyone having this issue?

Happens a lot in BF2 also. IT means that the game server was unable to connect to the EA master server to retrieve your stats. Just logout and back in again to fix it usually.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Some of the upgrade points seem to be messed up aswell.

My next upgrade due is at something like 100009264 or some stupid figure like that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Some of the upgrade points seem to be messed up aswell.

My next upgrade due is at something like 100009264 or some stupid figure like that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The same thing was done for the BF2142 beta. Ranks and unlocks are limited in the beta. I imagine it's to avoid people playing the game for points (which get wiped anyhow) rather than for bug testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Anyone having huge problem with reg at the moment. on full servers i now cant hit anything, especially with the sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone having huge problem with reg at the moment. on full servers i now cant hit anything, especially with the sniper
    How far away, and are you accounting for bullet drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

As close as 100m away on stationary targets. But yet some people seem to be able to take me out with a pistol 500m away. Ping is usually about 50-70 on the multiplay uk servers.

I've had terrible performance the last few evenings, however I'm putting that down to my net connection as my machine should be well up to the job of playing this game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I've had terrible performance the last few evenings, however I'm putting that down to my net connection as my machine should be well up to the job of playing this game.

Dont think its yer net connection--Im having similar problems ie choppy as anything gameplay.

Ea forums are reporting peeps with high end machines with low/crappy frame rates.

The engine is fupped and needs work and hopefully they`ll sort it before the final release--or probably patch it a few times within the first few weeks after release as seems to be Dice`s usual solution :)

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The engine is fupped and needs work and hopefully they`ll sort it before the final release--or probably patch it a few times within the first few weeks after release as seems to be Dice`s usual solution :)

DiCE released a statement saying that in the beta the engine was not optimised and only supports DX9 today. They had a choice of releasing a stable but non-optimised version or a pretty version that crashed all the time.

All modifications will be made in the final release and not the beta though.

Advertisement