Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ponster wrote: »
    DiCE released a statement saying that in the beta the engine was not optimised and only supports DX9 today.
    Ah so thats why the force dx9 fix seems to be solve some users solutions.
    They had a choice of releasing a stable but non-optimised version or a pretty version that crashed all the time.

All modifications will be made in the final release and not the beta though.

Can they do that in 3-4 weeks though--does it give them enough time to optimise it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Can they do that in 3-4 weeks though--does it give them enough time to optimise it?

They said that it's already been done but that specific build had poor net code. They preferred to release a beta that had better netcode as the beta (imho) has more to do with load-testing than anything else.

The problem for some is that we won't get to see the optimised code in the beta, i.e. the beta will never become a RC version, 99% ready for retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ah OK. I'm running a quadcore q6600, 2gb ram, hopefully 4 soon, ATI 5770 card, with settings on medium / low. It cant be the machine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Same here Fairy.
    Phenom x3 @ 2.8--4 gb 1066 ram,4870.Machine should well be able to run this on high.Im on low/medium with dx9 forced and undergrowth/overgrowth turned to low in the config and its still choppy.

Theres a link in the Tig forum in one of the threads about the level of problems with peeps using high end machines.

Just hope to god its sorted in the final release.

Useful thread over at EA Forums regarding system performance.

I'm have few problems with this setup :

FPS: 40-60 on HIGH

CPU: Q9300 Core 2 Quad. @ 2.5 GHz
    GPU: ATI HD4800 - latest ATI drivers
    Memory/RAM: 4GB OCZ PC2-6400
    Mobo: ASUS P5N

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I'm using a overclocked i7-860, two 5870's and 8 gigs of ram, framerates never drop below 60 for me. Just the whole bullet reg is annoying at the moment.

Nice vid here of a sniper taking out the chopper :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKIv0JHhKc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm using a overclocked i7-860, two 5870's and 8 gigs of ram, framerates never drop below 60 for me. Just the whole bullet reg is annoying at the moment.

BC2 doesnt support Crossfire/SLI yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You sure it doesn't support crossfire yet? I thought Crossfire worked regardless and games had to be designed with SLI in minds?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

according to their official forums it doesnt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Q6600,4 gig DDR,ATI 4870 1 gig, a bit choppy at max settings about 60-90 on medium with textures set to high.

Really my rig should be able to pump out high fps at max settings.

Just to update ive installed windows 7 and cant get over the jump in performance, high setting @ 1920X1080 is still a bit choppy but overall W7 is a massive boost for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nice vid here of a sniper taking out the chopper :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKIv0JHhKc
    Did that, but no fraps. The M24 is the fist rifle you get, and the most powerfull. Also, it has the dots which are great for judging long distance sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'm back!!! Just bought this on steam waiting for download to finish. Here is to some awesome games! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

I'm really enjoying the beta and have it pre-ordered on d2d. Just wish they'd release one more map or something as I'm really getting sick of the current one.

Couple of weird things I noticed though as I download the demo for 360 as well and there's a few strange differences. One main thing that comes to mind is the UAV on the 360 version has a machine gun as well as the rocket launcher thing. I wonder if they're gonna keep these kind of difference in retail...

Pretty good montage here (console version) which shows UAV with MG as well as some cool game play shots.

Edit: here's a list of the multiplayer maps extracted from beta, with their loading menu picture:

I'm really enjoying the beta and have it pre-ordered on d2d. Just wish they'd release one more map or something as I'm really getting sick of the current one.

They did the same with BF2 trust me that want for another map although tempting its better to stick with one and then enjoy the variety that comes in the first few months of release before the Karkand style servers appear. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

DiCE released a statement saying that in the beta the engine was not optimised and only supports DX9 today. They had a choice of releasing a stable but non-optimised version or a pretty version that crashed all the time.

All modifications will be made in the final release and not the beta though.

Do you have a link to this for me? Said this to my friend but he's a bit sceptical.

Do you have a link to this for me? Said this to my friend but he's a bit sceptical.

He has every right to be as I got mixed up over 2 things.

The beta is an old unoptimised build - Link

The game plays under DX9 but the Frostbite engine doesn't support DX9 as much as it does DX10. For example there is no AA nor AF options when playing under DX9.

Twitter Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Whilst i enjoyed the demo somewhat i feel that rush isn't quite the gamemode of choice.Game bottlenecks almost like a console game which is a shame somewhat.Am hoping the proper game modes will be somewhat better.

Gotta agree with you there D22. The rush mode where its inf only might be better. Once you have vehicles involved its easier to slam in and take a crate out. Looking forward to Conquest myself, but dismayed to see no CTF mentioned at all. CTF was in BF1942 and was one of the most popular game modes, yet they have ignored it from all subsequent BF games, dont figure!

Wouldn't be difficult for them to build in a CTF style game mode in a later patch if it got enough support. Personally I'm loving the game so far (even though its beta) my only complaints are all things I would assume they are going to fix before release. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah Root, doubt they will though.....they never bothered before. I was playing on Win 7 on a decent rig and could not get decent performance no matter what I tried. Now on XP and had one quick round there on a US server and game flew. Looking forward to getting some decent rounds in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'm still liking the rush game mode tbh. Think the bottlenecks are the whole point of the mode. Conquest will bring back chopper rape, although with the exclusion zone around the Russian home base on that map at least you will have a fighting change of getting out.

Theres a point, it's a very linear map in that mode, I wonder will they change or expand it for conquest.

CTF would be great to see back in the bf series in fairness.

Has anyone else figured out that 6 C4 will blow up an objective without having to wait for that arming and blowing up timer? :D

R0ot wrote: »
    Has anyone else figured out that 6 C4 will blow up an objective without having to wait for that arming and blowing up timer? :D

yeah, its crap and annoying :mad: doesnt give the defending team a chance to defuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

http://ultimateprestige.com/ a great list of whats in the full game

ohhh the weapons include

M1A1 Thompson
    M1 Garand (ww2)

R0ot wrote: »

Even better, hammer some c4 onto the uav, fly to the bombsite and detonate. Others do the same with the Quad.

What's the irish clanning scene like coming up to this? This beta has me tingling like back in the nam and bf2 days and may consider clanning it up again.

im already tied down to another clan, but i would love to play regularly with you guys

Not sure tbh. Urge to play wars has waned with a lot of the tig lads, a few of us may be up for it but will have to wait for release and see what numbers we have etc. It's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As beta's go its looking positive, one thing that has to change is the FOV (Field Of View)...its far to narrow for the game. They gotta change that, I would deffo re clan up for this....

Max rank you can get in the beta is 11 IIRC and I hope you dont rank as quick in the beta as you will be SUPREME CMMDR or CMMDR in CHIEF in about two weeks.

As for the FPS in games I dont think its Hardware related at all more like server lag then machine lag.

Advertisement