Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Max rank you can get in the beta is 11 IIRC and I hope you dont rank as quick in the beta as you will be SUPREME CMMDR or CMMDR in CHIEF in about two weeks.

Doesnt bother me in the slightest, once the game plays well thats all i care about and from what ive played of the beta they have nailed the gameplay, its a joy to be playing a mainstream fps that actually has recoil implimented.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

karma_ wrote: »
    Others do the same with the Quad.
    :cool:

=-=

Good game so far. If the rest of the levels are made like the beta level, it'll be great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

the_syco wrote: »
    Good game so far. If the rest of the levels are made like the beta level, it'll be great.

You can get a preview here and here (overviews)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Have they patched in more destructibility or is it just my imagination? Before when you shot a fence it would just blow up, now up only a small part of it where you shot blows up. Same with concrete wall things, now you can blow up a small hole with noob tube like in trailer. Or maybe it was always like this and I just didn't notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    As beta's go its looking positive, one thing that has to change is the FOV (Field Of View)...its far to narrow for the game. They gotta change that, I would deffo re clan up for this....

The FOV is pretty nice I think, it makes sense to be that narrow, especially when scopes are in mind.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Max rank you can get in the beta is 11 IIRC and I hope you dont rank as quick in the beta as you will be SUPREME CMMDR or CMMDR in CHIEF in about two weeks.

And that is bad why? Discourage the stat whores and the holier-than-thou people with the best weapons in the game just because they have played longer.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the FOV is terrible -_-

makes ya nautious after a while. same with mbloodyw2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Havent really gotten into an online shooter since BF2, but have started to take a proper look at this. How does it compare to that? Is it only 16 player (4v4v4v4)? And how are the maps?

Kiith wrote: »
    Havent really gotten into an online shooter since BF2, but have started to take a proper look at this. How does it compare to that? Is it only 16 player (4v4v4v4)? And how are the maps?

Only beta atm Kiith but very good gameplay just like bf2 was, only one map available in the beta with the rush gamemode. Conquest will be available in the full game with more maps. 32 players total it would appear so 16 v 16 is going to be the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone need a key?

seems SLI club members getting one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

tbh this game is better than BF2 imo anyway.

• Advertisement

tbh this game is better than BF2 imo anyway.

It's a million times better than bf2142 anyway, bf2 still has it's charm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

it may well be a BF2 beater all right. Bad company 1 would have been a bf2 beater if it had revives and the ability to go prone but it came close.

Is there medic revives and prone in BC2?

Is there medic revives and prone in BC2?

Yes to medics

No prone

There's an auto-heal though which limits the need for medics.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone need a key?

seems SLI club members getting one.
    I'll take one if you have one going. Would love to try it before buying it (something i'm guilty of far too often lately).

Either way, i'll probably end up picking it up. BF2 remains my favourite online fps to date, and i'd love to get into something similar again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

When I heard prone would not be in the game i wasn't initially too keen, however when you think just how much prone was abused and exploited in bf2 I think this is a welcome change. Prone spam in bf2 was a joke in fairness, that game was literally awash with prone macros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

When I heard prone would not be in the game i wasn't initially too keen, however when you think just how much prone was abused and exploited in bf2 I think this is a welcome change. Prone spam in bf2 was a joke in fairness, that game was literally awash with prone macros.

From my first 10mins with the game (coming from COD and previous BF) it was very weird feeling not having any prone especially when your getting bombarded by all sorts. But then as you said you realise espec in the beta map... that snipers would be near impossible to spot and it would just be spawn rape at start of map. After playing for a little while you really do get used to just crouching and moving.

This may have been answered before but does it say anywhere on your GUI your health? I've been looking around but can't see anything... only kind of health meter is the enemies heath % when you die.

This may have been answered before but does it say anywhere on your GUI your health? I've been looking around but can't see anything... only kind of health meter is the enemies heath % when you die.

There isn't one. You need to judge it by how red the corners of your monitor are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anywhere online doing deals for this (PC - limited ed or vanilla)?

I bought the Limited Edition today for £34.95 from direct2drive.co.uk.

I bought the Limited Edition today for £34.95 from direct2drive.co.uk.

Thanks, so that's about €40 and it's €50 on steam. I want to get it for €40, but I've never used D2D and don't fancy more software bloating up my system.

• Advertisement

Ya, works out at around €10 cheaper then Steam. You dont need any software with D2D. I'm currently downloading it through my normal download manager. They have dedicated software, but i dont use it. And i've bought a load of games from them before, and they always have good download speeds (1.1 meg/sec atm).

Ya, works out at around €10 cheaper then Steam. You dont need any software with D2D. I'm currently downloading it through my normal download manager. They have dedicated software, but i dont use it. And i've bought a load of games from them before, and they always have good download speeds (1.1 meg/sec atm).

Do you get access to the beta as well?

Yup, got me Beta key and am installing it as we speak.

Cool. I downloaded the demo for the 360 last night. Really enjoyed it – good improvement over BC 1.

Does this game only feature helicopters, no jets? I preface more land based transport anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Only 24.99 on Amazon.co.uk...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doud

It's €34.99 on g2play, digital delivery using the EA downloader, edition is the regular one as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

downloaded the beta, but it wont connect to any survers! can't join by selecting join game and when full server list is displayed and i try to connect i get either server is full or connection is lost ... Entered serial number and logged in correctly but can't join a game, any suggestions?

omerin wrote: »
    downloaded the beta, but it wont connect to any survers! can't join by selecting join game and when full server list is displayed and i try to connect i get either server is full or connection is lost ... Entered serial number and logged in correctly but can't join a game, any suggestions?

Server filters aren't working in the beta, as far as I know no Battlefield game ever had working filters for their servers in the beta. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

omerin wrote: »

Run the game as administrator..

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time the servers will be up at?

Advertisement