Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Beta Details And Date Thur 28th

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

R0ot wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the servers will be up at?

I think they said 6pm at the latest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Darn it im itching for a game and servers are still down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

UPDATE: The maintenance has been restarted due to issues on restarting the service under load. The EA servers will be down for another 75 minutes. In which time we are working on a new server and client to be released for when the servers come back online.

That was at 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Run the game as administrator..

doing that already. seems to be a fairly common problem, hopefully this server backup/update might sort it out, but i'm not holding out much hope :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Can't get a game because I keep getting disconnected after around 2 minutes. Anyone else having this problem now, or is it just me?

• Advertisement

Can't get a game because I keep getting disconnected after around 2 minutes. Anyone else having this problem now, or is it just me?

Had this on one server where I got kicked for a PB error, tried another server and it was fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lots of people with that problem I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC RC3 Beta Patch Released

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53158/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-PC-RC3-Beta-Patch-Released

Quote:
    "This update is about performance and stability again. We are not doing any changes to the game's datafiles.
    • Reduced input "lag"
      On machines where the CPU would out-run the GPU, sometimes the GPU would queue up several frames' worth of rendering commands.
      This could lead to the game having a high framerate, but input still feeling very sluggish.
    Now there's a limiter on how many frames the CPU is allowed to be "ahead" of the GPU.
    Control this setting via Settings.ini. Default setting: RenderAheadLimit=2
    • Performance optimizations with biggest improvements on dual-core machines
    • Fixed black "masks"
      • The soot on buildings with holes in them had a bugged renderpath. We switched that over to a more well-tested renderpath.
    • Improved hit-detection
      • We've gone through the hit detection logic, and client+server will now give more consistent results.
    • Fix for some "rubberbanding" issues
      • C4 should stay attached to vehicles and not rubberband around
    • Reduced spikes/dips in framerate
    • Various fixes for alt+tab related CTD on Dx9
    • More fixes for random CTD on Dx9
    • Fix for crash when you're in a vehicle that gets destroyed
    There was a race condition in the code;
    System 1 thought "oh hey, you're leaving vehicle X"
    System 2 thought "the vehicle got destroyed, let's remove it"

If system 2 ran before system 1, chaos would ensue.
    This was actually fixed in the retail version since a month, but it was only when we got detailed crash reports from the community that we understood *why* the Beta was crashing.
    Likely bugs in this build
    I wouldn't be surprised if it (still) has trouble remembering your settings between rounds. It would be nice to have that fixed too, but it's better to get a patch out now, and look at the settings issues afterward."

Anyone's game locking up more and crashing now since the last patch?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nope, running a lot better for me

• Advertisement

nope, running a lot better for me

Game just freezes up for me with Win7 64bit every so often doesn't look like its anything in particular that's causing it just random.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

im on 7 64bit too. havent had any issues with the new patch at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not had a single crash either..

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Cant seem to get any better than 35fps when all the action starts in the middle of the field.

Played with all the settings. Low everything 45fps. High everything 25fps.
    No Major FPS gains... despite the rather ugly low settings.

1280 x 720 - No AA, no AF, No HSBAO ****e..., and Dx 9 set in the .ini file.

This is a average when your looking down the battlefield with 10 guys zerging you :p

My Specs:

e6600 @ 3.6Ghz
    eVGA nForce 680i
    OCZ 8GB DDR2 800 Mhz
    Gainward GTX 285
    Asus Xonar DS
    Vista 64bit SP2

Hopefully it will improve with the final release... ordered a quad core just incase !

[WindowSettings]
    Width=1280
    Height=720
    Fullscreen=true
    RefreshRate=60
    VSync=false
    [Sound]
    Quality=low
    VoipEnable=true
    [Graphics]
    Effects=low
    Soldiers=low
    Vehicles=low
    Overgrowth=medium
    Undergrowth=medium
    StaticObjects=medium
    Terrain=low
    Shadows=low
    Bloom=false
    HSAO=false
    MSAA=0
    Water=low
    MainQuality=medium
    Texture=low
    DxVersion=9
    Aniso=0
    Detail=medium
    RenderAheadLimit=2

Frames - 3713
    Time (ms) - 95268
    Min - 27
    Max 66
    Avg 23.97

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I only had one game since the patch and its flying along....I really love this beta so I hope the full game is just as good. I remember watching the jungle level on YOU TUBE and it was uber looking....

Getting back to ranking up....I hope the main game ranks you up alot slower then the beta. I dont know what it is but games that make you RANK up are so addictive. And in the beta getting to RANK 11 in a day or so is a joke. And in 2142 it was too quick aswell.

So pace the rank and keep the players coming back for more its much better. I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a 30" TFT and if this game is very good upon launch I will get one....as I expect to play it non stop...no more L4D2....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Getting back to ranking up....I hope the main game ranks you up alot slower then the beta.

Yeah, I think these type of games should rank at a rate where the average player takes a year to get top rank (but most of the weapons would unlock during the first 2-4 months).

Advertisement