Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theres a problem at united

• 09-01-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

a 1-1 Draw at birmingham is a dire result for a league challenge.
    We got lucky that clattenberg caught the own goal something the linesman should have spotted rather than flag offside for god knows who.

Kuszczak - Had a decent game despite the goal made a few good saves and cant be really blamed for the result. 7/10

Evra - Made a few good runs though with other better people to pass to continuously gave the ball to the diabolical park on the left wing an under par performance. 7/10

Evans - Doesnt look half the player beside brown as he is vidic or ferdinand. Made a few good challenges but got himself into trouble on the left side a few times when birmingham closed him down 6/10

Brown - Past it the injuries certainly took its toll on him. Brash challenges resulting in frees are commonplace within his game nowadays.Althought in the end of the game he dominated benitez in the air but Benitez is 5.5" Better in the right back position as CB too important.Time to move on perhaps? 5/10

Rafael - i liked him a lot last season and hes only returning from injury. He gives away far too many free kicks in our own half for comfort. A liability that has cost us in the past. Not sure if right back would be a suitable position for him. Made a few good challenges but had no influence on the right hand side. 6/10

Park - Brought in for his industry but his lack of creativity and his predictability is killing us on whichever side he plays. Easily knocked off the ball and his pace has never been killer. The token asian guy to hook in the asian market is my theory on why hes been kept in the squad. Never looked like influencing the game at all. 4/10

Carrick - Distributed the ball well enough bit frustrating at times as he cant shoot and he cant play the long diagonal ball. Also he tends to just pass back to defense more often than not he plays the safe ball which is all well and good when your winning but when your chasing a game.... Still might prove his worth 5/10

Scholes - The definition of playmaker back in his day. Disappointing for such a talented footballer to be the worst tackler iv seen in years. played some creative plays but his diagonal long balls never really made the targets they were intended for. hasnt got the legs to cope with the work rate of birmingham 5/10

Fletcher - Played fairly well in patches throughout the game. Has not got that killer eye for goal that was needed but his workrate made up for it more than enough. Unlucky to get sent off for that late challenge on jerome. 7/10

Valencia - Was decent at the start of the game leaving ridgewell for dead ona few occasions had a good workrate throughout but lacked that killer cross for rooney. 6/10

Rooney - Decent workrate throughout but never looked as influential as previous games hopefully he doesnt lose form when we need him most. 6/10

Subs

Giggs - Not much service to provided to him and had to go searching for it.Maybe should have tried taking the full back on once or twice.

Diouf - Wouldnt be fair doubting his ability given that he only had 16 odd minutes to mak an impact. Looks like hes got bags of pace and lets hope he turns into a real gem.

My point being it was a lack lustre performance one thats all too common this season. Did we really rely on you know who that much last season that were this down in form?
    In my opinion the 80mill supposedly at fergies disposal should be put to use. Not ina panic heres 40 million for so and so but a smart purchase. Angel di maria bid was rejected but whats to say we shouldnt up the bid.
    lets hope the african cup of nations has a profound affect on chelsea and arsenal

Ps i apologise for bad spelling and grammar errors because im currently irate and kinda drunk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Post this in the United thread mate.

Also, dire result?

Chelsea drew 0-0 there, Liverpool drew at Anfield. You should check the league table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We've been papering over the cracks this season.
    I just hope we can bring some real quality to the club sooner rather than later.
    A top class central midfield player would solve a lot of our problems.
    €60m and Inieasta would be on his way.
    Outlandish I know, but it's the type of deal we should be looking at.
    We broke records signing Keane and he paid it back in throphies alone.
    A top class midfield "general" is still a must for a top team.
    We've lost Ronaldo, who is there to fill that gap? He was after all a midfield player, albeit not in the traditional sense.
    Liverpool have Gerrard, Chelsea have Lampard, Arsenal have Fabregas, United have... Anderson? Bloody hell get the cheque book out Fergie.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mrDerek wrote: »
    In my opinion the 80mill supposedly at fergies disposal should be put to use.

Does he have this much at his disposal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It sickens me to hear UTD fans be so retarded in relation to the season they are having. You have a manager that has brought you unparalleled success and your questioning him even before the season has finished ?

If it does turn out to be a bad season the motives for Ferguson keeping his chequebook closed are pretty obvious. Him being shrewd while the market is in chaos will ensure many more years of success and if the price is one or two seasons of mediocrity then its a very small price to pay!

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We got lucky that clattenberg caught the own goal something the linesman should have spotted rather than flag offside for god knows who.

Kuszczak - Had a decent game despite the goal made a few good saves and cant be really blamed for the result. 7/10

Evra - Made a few good runs though with other better people to pass to continuously gave the ball to the diabolical park on the left wing an under par performance. 7/10

Evans - Doesnt look half the player beside brown as he is vidic or ferdinand. Made a few good challenges but got himself into trouble on the left side a few times when birmingham closed him down 6/10

Brown - Past it the injuries certainly took its toll on him. Brash challenges resulting in frees are commonplace within his game nowadays.Althought in the end of the game he dominated benitez in the air but Benitez is 5.5" Better in the right back position as CB too important.Time to move on perhaps? 5/10

Rafael - i liked him a lot last season and hes only returning from injury. He gives away far too many free kicks in our own half for comfort. A liability that has cost us in the past. Not sure if right back would be a suitable position for him. Made a few good challenges but had no influence on the right hand side. 6/10

Park - Brought in for his industry but his lack of creativity and his predictability is killing us on whichever side he plays. Easily knocked off the ball and his pace has never been killer. The token asian guy to hook in the asian market is my theory on why hes been kept in the squad. Never looked like influencing the game at all. 4/10

Carrick - Distributed the ball well enough bit frustrating at times as he cant shoot and he cant play the long diagonal ball. Also he tends to just pass back to defense more often than not he plays the safe ball which is all well and good when your winning but when your chasing a game.... Still might prove his worth 5/10

Scholes - The definition of playmaker back in his day. Disappointing for such a talented footballer to be the worst tackler iv seen in years. played some creative plays but his diagonal long balls never really made the targets they were intended for. hasnt got the legs to cope with the work rate of birmingham 5/10

Fletcher - Played fairly well in patches throughout the game. Has not got that killer eye for goal that was needed but his workrate made up for it more than enough. Unlucky to get sent off for that late challenge on jerome. 7/10

Valencia - Was decent at the start of the game leaving ridgewell for dead ona few occasions had a good workrate throughout but lacked that killer cross for rooney. 6/10

Rooney - Decent workrate throughout but never looked as influential as previous games hopefully he doesnt lose form when we need him most. 6/10

Subs

Giggs - Not much service to provided to him and had to go searching for it.Maybe should have tried taking the full back on once or twice.

Diouf - Wouldnt be fair doubting his ability given that he only had 16 odd minutes to mak an impact. Looks like hes got bags of pace and lets hope he turns into a real gem.

My point being it was a lack lustre performance one thats all too common this season. Did we really rely on you know who that much last season that were this down in form?
    In my opinion the 80mill supposedly at fergies disposal should be put to use. Not ina panic heres 40 million for so and so but a smart purchase. Angel di maria bid was rejected but whats to say we shouldnt up the bid.
    lets hope the african cup of nations has a profound affect on chelsea and arsenal

Ps i apologise for bad spelling and grammar errors because im currently irate and kinda drunk

I stopped reading after that

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

opr wrote: »
    It sickens me to hear UTD fans be so retarded in relation to the season they are having. You have a manager that has brought you unparalleled success and your questioning him even before the season has finished ?

If it does turn out to be a bad season the motives for Ferguson keeping his chequebook closed are pretty obvious. Him being shrewd while the market is in chaos will ensure many more years of success and if that comes at the price of one season of mediocrity then its a very small price to pay!

Opr

Do you thin that Liverpool would sell Gerrard and not bring in someone of somewhere near his ability?
    Or Chelsea sell Lampard and not buy someone to replace him in some way?
    Ronaldo was a great player, and his goals papered over the fact that United's midfield wasn't all that strong.
    Now he's gone, we're left with the same leaderless midfield that occassionally is graced by Giggs or Scholes who are lest we forget, no spring chickens.
    Ronaldo had been moving towards the exit door for at least two years, some sort of contingency should have been arranged, especially after we failed to replace Keane, who was himself fundamentally a replacement for Robson.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

good for you.
    This is my opinion isnt this what boards.ie is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, its called a truckload of injuries.

°°°°°

I think that's where you were supposed to stop reading:pac:

Glazers Out!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Does he have this much at his disposal?

figures vary from dif reports but the most popular number being thrown about is 80 mil
    obviously im not saying concretely that it is this figure but a significant amount of the ronaldo fee would be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Spectacular kneejerk reaction OP.

United are hit hard with injuries. They really aren't doing too bad atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

eagle eye wrote: »

ahh there's more than that.

there's this fella....

48ZS.jpg

the fact that scholes is pushing on & not near the player he was, that some of fergusons buys havn't worked out & that Ronaldo has not yet been replaced.

the reaction from some Utd fans to a bad run this season has been pretty laughable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Mr. Drizzle,
    Somw interesting pour talent foroints intead, y

Subs

Mr Drizzle,
    Your talent for spotting the apparent cracks in united are apparent. Fair play. However the oxford dictionary tells us supporter, is a person who supports in good times and bad.

You use words like industry and service, to me the only industry you have created is one of dis service to all manu fans who support their team. Spot the theme genius.

Cast your mind back , did you concoct such myths of disbelief in 1996 when mr hansen had his rant, are you eamon dunphy?
    Prehaps you are a dub and have cabin fever, if so please do not associate yourself with the words fan of man u, because in my humble opinion you can associate your failure as person with the dubs lack of ability in football
    forever red.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Injuries, plus teams are finally having a go at them. They've had it handy for a long time with teams taking the field against them already beaten. Nice to see a change this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

nullzero wrote: »
    Do you thin that Liverpool would sell Gerrard and not bring in someone of somewhere near his ability?
    Or Chelsea sell Lampard and not buy someone to replace him in some way?
    Ronaldo was a great player, and his goals papered over the fact that United's midfield wasn't all that strong.
    Now he's gone, we're left with the same leaderless midfield that occassionally is graced by Giggs or Scholes who are lest we forget, no spring chickens.
    Ronaldo had been moving towards the exit door for at least two years, some sort of contingency should have been arranged, especially after we failed to replace Keane, who was himself fundamentally a replacement for Robson.

He was going to have to pay hugely over-inflated fees due to other factors in the market. If I thought the manager was thinking longterm like I believe Ferguson is I would hope I would be smart enough to understand this and realise it will be far more beneficial to the clubs future success to not buy in the current market.

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

So much fail. Seriously how do people give out about me when their own fans post this muck. Sigh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hat0rz gunna h8

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Your team are second in the league despite having a mega injury crisis and have just won three titles in a row and have appeared in 2 European Cup final on the trot.

Some of us support Liverpool.

Grow up.

quarryman wrote: »
    Spectacular kneejerk reaction OP.

United are hit hard with injuries. They really aren't doing too bad atm.

its not a quickfire reaction its the performances of the season as a whole that has me worried injuries to the back is an easy excuse for the lacklustre performances but the fact of the matter is we havent looked that threathening going forward all season with a few exceptions such as the spurs or wigan matches.

eagle eye wrote: »

Fairly strong team out today imo, you are missing Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think it's fairly obvious at this stage united are going down but honestly it's what they need if they go down they can get rid of all those mediocre players on ridiculous wages and come back up stronger, it's clear they are the new newcastle I mean when was the last time they won a trophy? It's January and to be honest will they even make the Europa League? At this rate Liverpool will over take them *

*Post may have no factual grounding

Bit of a kneejerk reaction I think:cool:

i have a respiratory infection.

had to go to the docs this morning, on the plus side he gave me a cert until thurs. probably still gonna go in though.

Your team are second in the league despite having a mega injury crisis and have just won three titles in a row and have appeared in 2 European Cup final on the trot.

Some of us support Liverpool.

Grow up.

Is it a mega injury crisis?

Ronaldo and his goals are a huge loss to utd.

everdead, your sig makes you look like a spurs fan.

°°°°°

opr wrote: »
    He was going to have to pay hugely over-inflated fees due to other factors in the market. If I thought the manager was thinking longterm like I believe Ferguson is I would hope I would be smart enough to understand this and realise it will be far more beneficial to the clubs future success to not buy in the current market.

Opr

I agree, but the point I made is that we should never have lost our star player without a contigency plan. Signing Valencia for £16m wasn't good business either.

Glazers Out!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i have a respiratory infection..

Stop smoking tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Des wrote: »
    everdead, your sig makes you look like a spurs fan.
    I am i just thought the thread was a bit kneejerk

nullzero wrote: »
    I agree, but the point I made is that we should never have lost our star player without a contigency plan. Signing Valencia for £16m wasn't good business either.

+1

Ronaldo has been a huge player for utd over the last few seasons.

Stop smoking tbh.

may do.

i had a nice bitta grub in the site of our first date the other day. ahhhh the memories.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    +1

Ronaldo has been a huge player for utd over the last few seasons.

Lazy bastard who never tracked back actually.

Was nothing more than a disruptive influence in the dressing room too, up his own hole.

One trick pony, couple of stepovers and that's it.

Oh, and a cheating, diving bastard too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lazy bastard who never tracked back actually.

Was nothing more than a disruptive influence in the dressing room too, up his own hole.

One trick pony, couple of stepovers and that's it.

Oh, and a cheating, diving bastard too.

Who still got you 42 goals in a season!

may do..
    Wish I could, but I buy them by the 200 off some Polish fella, so always have some about my person.
    i had a nice bitta grub in the site of our first date the other day. ahhhh the memories.
    You kidnapped me and brought me to a place called Istanbul you fecker.
    :mad:

Still though, romantic nonetheless.

silver_love_heart.jpg

XXXXX

Johner wrote: »
    Who still got you 42 goals in a season!

I don't support ManU, strictly Shelbourne. :cool:

I don't support ManU, strictly Shelbourne. :cool:

Ah for some reason I read the Ole Ole Ole in you're sig as Ole Gunnar. :o

Wish I could, but I buy them by the 200 off some Polish fella, so always have some about my person.

You kidnapped me and brought me to a place called Istanbul you fecker.
    :mad:

Still though, romantic nonetheless.

silver_love_heart.jpg

XXXXX

Love you too betty!
    x x x x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Has jackdaw died and been reincarnated as a reactionary United fan?

Johner wrote: »
    Ah for some reason I read the Ole Ole Ole in you're sig as Ole Gunnar. :o

Who?

Anyway, it's clearly in green white and orange.

more grey than white tbh ;)

Like his y-fronts.

Solskjaer, yes I can see that now.

• Advertisement

Frankly I'm surprised that's the post you picked up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Woohoo its snowing again :pac:

This thread is slowly turning into a joke, mainly cos it deserves to be.

Oh, why doesnt anybody love me :(:(

Boxers tro, boxers.

Blue.

Frankly I'm surprised that's the post you picked up on.

i figured i'd let the other one slide.

your team just dropped poins against Birmingham after another ****e performance. you deserve a break.

jaysus threads can go off topic quickly

Aw shucks Al. Thanks.

Boxers tro, boxers.

Blue.

Dark grey trunks myself, it being a soccer forum I prefer the close ball control...;)

jaysus threads can go off topic quickly

We're doing you a favour, this way maybe people won't judge the OP too harshly.

Dark grey trunks myself, it being a soccer forum I prefer the close ball control...;)

I just can't sit comfortably with my balls all squashed up like that though.

Must be my large willy getting in the way.

It being the soccer forum I thought I'd start a penis size contest

I just can't sit comfortably with my balls all squashed up like that though.

Must be my large willy getting in the way.

It being the soccer forum I thought I'd start a penis size contest

Careful adjustment of the chap is the way forward, use the waistband to hold it in place instead of tucking it up shemale-style which it sounds like you might be doing...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement