Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd warning browsing boards.

Options
  • 09-01-2010 9:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The website at wwww.boards.ie contains elements from the site www.zuuble.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.zuuble.com.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.
    Got that just now in this forum..odd

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Someone had something similar recently which turned out to be a link in another poster's sig. If I spot one of the more techy admins around I'll direct them to this thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep could be something like a sig all right. First time I've seen it, jsut thought I'd let ye know. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks Tar

Zaph's almost certainly correct about it being a sig - as he said, the last time it definitely was and the few times before it's almost always been the same.

While no-one on boards is using that actual site explicitly in their sig (I checked), it's probably a redirect there (as it was the last time to a different site).

If it pops up on a particular page of a particular thread, please let us know where as it makes it easier to hunt down.

Incidentally, it's highly likely to be someone using a picture in their sig rather than deliberately or innocently linking to something nasty. The software on your PC that is producing the warning (could be anything from a proper firewall to a google desktop install) is being rather careful. But one of us can easily take care of it if anyone spots where.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just tracked back my browsing history...appears in this thread...second page was the original warning(with 40 posts per page being displayed)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636406&page=2&highlight=train

I have no AV running on this laptop, think it's just chrome taking good care of me eh.

Advertisement