Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You Weather Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Yes well done to all :D

I was never really that interested in weather but after I found the weather forum Ive learned a lot and really starting to learn how to read/understand weather charts/graphs

Keep up the good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

+1

Thanks to everyone. I've learnt loads, enjoyed the discussions and pics. And I'm crossing my fingerst that the rain "event" tomorrow turns into something bigger lol.

I'll def be a regular reader of this forum in the future. Keep it up :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yes thanks to all the weather experts here, amazing amount of knowledge. Been great reading these threads over the last few weeks - fast moving threads full of humour, knowledge and the odd tiff!

Heres to the remainder of winter and what is does or doesn't bring! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Speaking of blasts from the past, anyone else remember this?
    Pre-Avonmore baby....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCn_iV8Rx94
    haha thats insane! Remember it like yday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

My bloody bb down all day till now . Kudos to all who contributed. Fantastic info from all over the country. Very well done to all.:):):):):)

Now for Part Deux. Flooding again from tomorrow. How is Cork going to fare, especially if the ESB release water:eek:

I reckon we'll have more threads on the subject with 2000+ posts before the week is out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Yep - thanks especially to all the knowledgable heads on here. I always liked geography back in school and had a passing interest in it, but following the topics here over the last while has taught me a lot and really increased my desire to understand how it all hangs togehter.

From the highs of Wednesday and Saturday (in Dublin) to the depressing low of Sunday night, it's been a rollercoaster. It's also been great following the progress of it around the country.

Great threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

One thing I noticed that really touched me about the whole weather thread....any time a person said they were in trouble or stuck or might be stranded, the troops rallied and offered to help and asked what area the person was in and did they need anything.

So it's not just information and light entertainment - there were geneuine offers to help people that were in trouble.

That really counts for something.

Well done all the weather heads. It was the best information and really useful!!...I have now been labelled a weather anorak in my house!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yes I'd like to echo the above. This thread has been a great resource throughout the cold spell.

Whether it was knowing what was around the corner in terms of weather, information and help as regard road conditions and frozen home water supply or just for the dry wit, LOL humor and childish enthusiasm of posters begging for snow in their back yard, this thread was an outstanding read.

And a special mention for some of the experts - Weathercheck, Supercell, Black Briar, Snowaddict and WolfeIrl (apologies if Im forgetting anyone) thanks for keeping us more informed than ME, BBC, Sky or anyone else who "claim" to be forecasting ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Have lurked on the UK sites for years, but the activity here has really increased. The forecasting inputs has been brilliant and huge efforts have been made with well worked out predictions (and people ready to take the hit of mis-calls)
    Many thanks for all the info (all very helpful)

Advertisement