Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of Leaving Cert being postponed?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

With basically the whole country off til Thursday at the earliest, do you think there is any chance if the Leaving Cert being postponed a week or two?

It'd make sense. We miss a week of school due to something outside of our control, the LC gets pushed back a week to make up for the time.
    Another solution could be missing the mid-term?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

roflcopter.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

With basically the whole country off til Thursday at the earliest, do you think there is any chance if the Leaving Cert being postponed a week or two?

It'd make sense. We miss a week of school due to something outside of our control, the LC gets pushed back a week to make up for the time.

My darling, for your own sake, please stop talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't think the mocks are going to be postpones let alone the leaving cert. Although we can dream!

I'd estimate that chance at about 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

yenoBAYUB wrote: »
    My darling, for your own sake, please stop talking.
    It's text, stop being condescending. :rolleyes:

It's far more likely they'd take 2 days off our Easter holidays and 2 off mid-term break in February. Would make way more sense. If you're worried, study yourself. You've most of all your courses done by now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n7sen

According to your logic, my English exam should have been postponed by a year because we didn't have a teacher for the whole 6th year.Still managed to get B1 in honours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Ah, just throwing my thoughts out, no harm. I can always hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Mr.S wrote: »
    Almost as funny as the people who suggested the whole english paper be cancelled last year.
    Except that wasn't funny; that was terrifying. But we were stressed and panicking so I think we should be forgiven for any temporary lapses in logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

wow, talk about unnecessarily condescending replies!

to answer the op's actual question i'd say they won't postpone the lc, no. it's already on pretty late this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mr.S wrote: »
    LOL.

Almost as funny as the people who suggested the whole english paper be cancelled last year.
    Ah that was a great idea, just call it off and give us all As for the stress we went through :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Clutching at straws or what.
    You have plenty time if you want to study - a bit early to be prementing a fail and looking for a scape goat.
    Last I checked the snow did not prevent anyone reading a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm completely out of touch. What happened with the English that they wanted it delayed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm completely out of touch. What happened with the English that they wanted it delayed?

A Superintendant handed out English Paper II when it meant to have been paper I. Therefore students had to take the English exam on a Saturday. :D

That was a great day actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

1% It is going ahead as usual and it is up to the student to put the work in anyway with the weather like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's no chance of the State Examinations being postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

spurious wrote: »
    There's no chance of the State Examinations being postponed.

Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Not a snowball's chance in hell! (note the appropriate imagery :D)

I'm going to lock this as it's just going to descend into

[Nelson] Haha! [/Nelson]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement