Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan

• 09-01-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Did a new build last year, all is fine with it, but lately, the three fans on the "Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan" is making a decent bit of noise. I know it's that, as I stopped all fans one by one, and when I stopped one of the fans, the noise reduced by two thirds, and then I stopped another of the fans, and the machine was very quite. The fan came with the 4GB RAM kit when I bought it.

Now, the noise is not constant, but as it can make a good bit of noticable noise when it's on idle, I'm wondering would it be a broken fan, or would the heat of the RAM be causing them to spin faster/make noise? Nothing is overclocked (I can play everything I throw at it okay, so see no need atm), and usually it's very silent.

If it's just noise, I'll get a new fan next paycheck, in February. If someone knows how to see if the fan is broken and if I could fix it, please tell me how. But if it may be caused by too much RAM heat, is there a way to check?

Advertisement