Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many southerner's are now living and working in NI

Options
  • 09-01-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am originally from Limerick and have being living and working up here in NI for two years, and was wondering how many have moved up due to work/love/recession etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Are you looking for statistics or just a quick whip round of boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

Just a quick view, nothing formal

Well I know a good few but maybe I move in those circles. It's funny when you're grocery shopping and they ask if you want to pay in euro...I'm all 'no thanks, I live up here' lol. I think with QUB and UU there's a fair few students from ROI up here aswell so there's a healthy contingent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

I moved to belfast last october and am from dublin. Moved for relationship and for work. Been offered bout 6/7 jobs since i came up and have just moved to my third job, while fellow redundant colleagues are struggling to find work at home. However, am finding it very difficult to settle in up here and thinkin about going home (despite the job) very regularly. Havent really met any new friends up here either so social life is all based in dublin. Anyone else with similar problems??

The jobs market is miles better up here alright.

I know a girl similar to you who has the same problem, mostly because her 'life' is in Dub but her job is in Belfast. She goes down every other weekend though, sometimes every weekend. Is your move temporary, as in you're hoping to move back home?! It can be tough to put down roots if you don't plan on staying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement