Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Pants on the Luas/DART?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on RTE news there about it being done in 40 odd countries around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Just on RTE news there about it being done in 40 odd countries around the world.

I can't believe RTE just spent two minutes of their bulletin on that, and it was all based around foreign footage at that. Does this mean there will be a report on every flash mob from now on?

I can't believe RTE just spent two minutes of their bulletin on that, and it was all based around foreign footage at that. Does this mean there will be a report on every flash mob from now on?

You can't be serious!? Look at the Sports section, was about the African Cup, Man City match, Italian F1, etc...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

What I mean is that there was no footage of people on the Luas, which might have given some relevance to the story in Ireland. I think the story is not newsworthy as it is, never mind telling us that they were doing it in Buenos Aires.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Well apart from the fact that as a news item it's obviously designed to take our mind off the recession/freeze/lack of water/ imminent flooding/weather/government/general post-Christmas blues etc etc it certainly brightened up my day but only because
    my OH actually choked on his dinner when it was announced on the news. He's the founder member of a 'no pants gang' in our house and holds regular meetings with the only other member in the house. Thinking he had started an international movement, you can imagine his disappointment when he just saw pictures of people on trains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Dude, you're supposed to wear underwear...

That's just it. It's pretty pointless... not one bare ass to be seen. So why the big deal about it? You'd see more flesh on Dollymount beach on a warm Summer's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ledge

breedie wrote: »
    my OH actually choked on his dinner when it was announced on the news. He's the founder member of a 'no pants gang' in our house and holds regular meetings with the only other member in the house.
    Double Entendre here? Did you think that'd just slip by unnoticed?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's what's known as a 'colour piece'. A small, light-hearted news item to fill time and take our minds off the serious nature of everything else. All news channels run items like this. It's not just RTE, so come back down off the RTE-bashing horse there for a minute would ya? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

It's bad enough having to put up with morning breath, garlic breath, farts and people who smell like fukking wet dogs whenever it rains without having to look at white legs, fat arses and skiddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

If it had a purpose then maybe ye, charity or something like that.

Really? "Pants off for the Poor", that would go down well... :rolleyes:

I missed the RTÉ News piece. Does anyone have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ew, I don't want to get pregnant, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What about for the children?

I missed the RTÉ News piece. Does anyone have a link?

You know what I mean, be something like men dressing up as women and doing the womens mini.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063877 Starts just before 44mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

WindSock wrote: »
    What about for the children?

Haha, I had written that but changed it to avoid the dreaded yellow card... :pac:

And Gavin, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What has D4 got to do with this?
    upper class snobbery and complete lack of imagination or creativity regarding situations out of popular practice.

Thanks.
    your welcome - but next time, just click the button ;)

Yea.
    yeah

we can all quote troll sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

aido179 wrote: »
    upper class snobbery and complete lack of imagination or creativity regarding situations out of popular practice.

your welcome - but next time, just click the button ;)

yeah

we can all quote troll sir

And you can cut that crap.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

aido179 wrote: »

so basically you are saying it is snobby to not take your trousers off, and not only that, but if they did they would be bad at it?

Thats a pretty big chip on the auld shoulder there lad. I'd be interested to hear what else 'D4' are behind.

Advertisement