Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Signal Watch

• 09-01-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

During this bad weather my signal's not been consistent at all. Lost it for Xmas Eve all the way through until Stephen's Day here in Blessington. It's been gone the last day here too :(

Anywhere else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

In Kildare there has been very little signal since christmas eve and in some places there is no signal. Maybe there's a signal mast down or something but I cant find any other reason except that and the awfull weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

Customer Care told me that one of there microwave tramission dishes in the Wicklow mountains is frozen over....most likely the cause as that would possibly be on the same BSC as Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Is there much of a difference between the 3G coverage compared to the edge network because i was having an awful time people not able to ring me coverage completley dropping but my cousin who's phone is on the edge network with meteor was fine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

Hi kcgirl

its yes and no really...if your having problems with 3g dropping in and out this is most likely congestion, the more people using 3g in your area the worse the 3g coverage would be....the people closer to the mast would take priority as the cell coverage shrinks the more voice/data traffic goes through the cell. its sound like selecting gsm only would be a good option for you :) bare in mind also when you see a 3g signal there is mobile broadband people about which will hammer the cells at peak times :)

Advertisement