Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibroids-Embollization treatment?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am 24 years old and have a large fibroid (size of a grapefruit) on my uterus. I will be having UFE (Uterine fibroid Embollization) done in the next two weeks. Does anybody have any experience or advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

my sister had embolizations done in her neck and head, on an arterial growth, dunno if its the same thing!

they went in with a tiny tube through her groin and got up to her head via arteries and closed off these unwanted veins and arteries by filling them with a glue like thing.

wasnt too bad, she has 41 embolizations altogether, so maybe she just got used to it.
    the only side effect was the light at the end of the tube has a tiny bit of radioactiveness(is that the word??) in it, so for her it caused her to lose her hair in patches on her head.
    but if your gettin it done on your uterus i cant see that effecting your hair.

hope this helped and best o luck
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Advertisement