Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I just finished Assassins Creed 2.. (spoilers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really liked it, loved the way the gods were seaking desmond through Ezio, must've been a real kick in the balls for Ezio.

The boss fight was a bit daft, it reminded me of jap games\cartoons where the boss keeps changing forms or keeps going oh yeah well try this, i expected a giant robot to appear at one stage.

So whats next? i was hoping for a orient setting set around the time of genghis khan but i think thats out of the question now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

cable842 wrote: »
    i completed it and can I just say it had the worst ending ever in history.

why do you think that? there's still another game to come to finish off the story.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

grizzly wrote: »

so should it not be free/cheap?!

I doubt it.
    This is Ubisoft not VALVe.

Then again if they make it available through their Uplay system you could subsidize the cost with your uplay points.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've seen far far far worse.... you obviously haven't finished many games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 djc1616

Apparently there's talk of III being set in Industrial Revolution London. Would be good as I've been told that its supposed to be a trilogy would be nice to end with a bang. It all seems to be leading to the next game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You've obviously never played Devil May Cry 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

djc1616 wrote: »
    Apparently there's talk of III being set in Industrial Revolution London. Would be good as I've been told that its supposed to be a trilogy would be nice to end with a bang. It all seems to be leading to the next game

I hope not the English fella in ACII wrecked my head I can't imagine a whole game full of them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I remember watching a friend finish some spectrum game in the early 90s, upon clearing it he was presented with the text "You Sucsess!" and the game started over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DLC out on tuesday for 320ms points.

Wish I'd held on to the game now :(

Mind you I'd begrudge paying them for something that was cut from the game in the 1st place due to time issues or whatever the reason was, still for 320 point's they are not exactly fleecing people. They could easily charge 800 and people would buy it.

Its only 6 new memories. I predict it take less than 60 mins to complete.
    I'll still get it though.... hope its a decent challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I just hope they don't become money hungry and stop it at three.

Where/when ever they decide to set it, it'd be nice to have a female lead for variety's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

djc1616 wrote: »

That's actually just what I was going to say I was hoping for. I think there could be a lot of scope for some interesting weapons and missions with 19th century London and maybe Paris as the two main cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

After the whole game and it took a long time to complete and then they give us that terrible ending.

Oh stop right there after all the stress completing the game they could at least reward us.

Im even goin to have that I wont at all be playing or buying the third game in the series.

I was a huge fan of the first game and was let down by the second.

At the end of the day the First game looked and was beautiful looking and played incredible it played really well it was a bit repetitive towards the middle.

but the first game was 10 time better and better graphics its as if they took a step back.

I read all the reviews and was shocked when I started playing the game.
    mailrewop wrote: »
    why do you think that? there's still another game to come to finish off the story.

you know I completed devil may cry two. but wow I forget the ending what was it again ?
    You've obviously never played Devil May Cry 2....

At the end of the day the First game looked and was beautiful looking and played incredible it played really well it was a bit repetitive towards the middle.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

5uspect wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    What? It was very repetitive.

I didn't even finish the second one. It was far too easy and I only really enjoyed finding new viewpoints, the races, and the seals. The endless stream of easy assassination missions just got very annoying. Not to mention the dull and lifeless characters and those terrible accents. I think they put so much work into developing the beautiful game world they left the other elements short. It's too bad because and I'm sure many feel the same way, it could have been so much better.

I wasn't talking about the game.

it was repetitive cause the fighting the soldiers took 20 mins for one fight.

I got to the brave heart level and the english just kick the crap out of you at ever moment

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

it was repetitive cause the fighting the soldiers took 20 mins for one fight.

I got to the brave heart level and the english just kick the crap out of you at ever moment

Sounds like you're referring to Assassins Creed 1, which was highly repetitive. Assassins Creed 2 addressed pretty much all the issues with repetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I enjoyed both games, but AC2 is superior in every way to AC1. The game world locations, the story, the characters, the move set, everything.

Nothing says "bad@ss" like dropping into a group of 5 patrolling guards from above, dropping a smoke bomb, double-blading four of them, leaving only a heavy with a pole arm left when the smoke clears, countering his attack, snatching the weapon from him and impaling him so that the spear sticks upright out of the ground and he slowly slides down it. Five dead in 10 seconds and not a scratch. Epic.

I really liked the ending and the end boss too.
    I understand how some people wouldn't like fisticuffs with the Pope (brilliant!) but I really did. I like the fact that the story in AC is fantastical and scifi-ish, but that when it comes down to it, you and your enemies are just mortal men. You're not facing articially stupidly enhanced videogame end bosses with obvious weak points you have to expose and hit three times in a row or some other cliched boss battle. The end of AC2 is just you and the Pope smacking eachother with your fists, and that's just brilliant.

• Advertisement

But he has some all powerful artefact that was pretty much pointless. The fisticuffs mainly involved me kicking him around on the floor. I've no problem with making Ezio out as a bully or enjoying the kill but gameplay wise it was just silly.

It was the same with the early fight with him in Venice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I loved the end, in the sistine chapel. just because it was so well recreated. The fight was a bit pants, and the ending was mental, but overall it was a fantastic sandbox parkour-em-up

No new achievements in the DLC, so once you play through the memories, there is no incentive to play any more. On the plus side, that'll mean no pointless object hunts. On the minus side, the whole thing will probably take 30 mins to finish and you'll never play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

if theres flying sections in the DLC i dont care, cause i need to get that stupid 'kick a guard while flying' achievement which i missed the first time around, and cant be bothered goign through the main game to get all over again

Advertisement