Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to find panko breadcrumbs??

Options
  • 10-01-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Sorry for asking! Cant find these anywhere. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    I have tried all the major chains, but anyone I ask just points me to regular breadcrumbs....

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Asia Market, Drury Street (should have them) or Japan Center in London (Picadilly), but its a bit of a trip... Otherwise Japanese or asian food stores should be able to source them frozen for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

TJJP wrote: »
    Asia Market, Drury Street (should have them) or Japan Center in London (Picadilly), but its a bit of a trip... Otherwise Japanese or asian food stores should be able to source them frozen for you.

Ttanks a mill, I'll try Drury street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yeah, TJJP is bang on, Asia Market definitely have them. They're in the middle of the second aisle from the right-hand side as you walk into the shop, all the Japanese/Korean stuff is on that aisle. They stock a few brands, but a word of advice, don't go for the cheapest brand there - can't remember the name of it, but they weren't great. Tiger prawns coated in panko are absolutely amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Yeah, TJJP is bang on, Asia Market definitely have them. They're in the middle of the second aisle from the right-hand side as you walk into the shop, all the Japanese/Korean stuff is on that aisle. They stock a few brands, but a word of advice, don't go for the cheapest brand there - can't remember the name of it, but they weren't great. Tiger prawns coated in panko are absolutely amazing!

Nice one. Saw a recipe for monkfish scampi made with them, looked delicious, and I have been dying to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

TJJP wrote: »

Thanks. Lookin for these too, because of this recipe for the crispiest breadcrumbs ever!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz4NTozNXw

• Advertisement
Advertisement