If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AVR-2310

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

Do ye do the Denon AVR-2310 and if so what price please?

Oh, and what speakers would you recommend? Nothing too mad like, say €300 mark.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Why not go for the denon 1910 and a better speaker package?

1910 is really nice, excellent sound from it. I have it connected to q-acoustics 1050i fronts, 1000ci centre and 1010i rears. No sub yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Thanks. I'm probably being unrealistic at €300 for speakers. Will research the 1910 but from what I've read the 2310 seems to be a fair bit better sound wise for not an awful lot more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I agree with Neilw, if you are going to get the 2310 you would probably need to spend a bit more on speakers.
    I have a 2309, exellent piece of kit though so the 2310 can only be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Valentia wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm probably being unrealistic at €300 for speakers. Will research the 1910 but from what I've read the 2310 seems to be a fair bit better sound wise for not an awful lot more money.

The 2310 is 240pounds more then the 1910, fair bit in my book ;)
    http://www.richersounds.com/productlistmanu/AVRECEIVERS/DENO/1

I agree the 2310 is supposed to sound better. I couldn't justify it but I'm very happy with the 1910.

Thanks again folks. My Onyko just gave up on me so I'm only settling in to exploring the possibilities of a replacement. That said I'm not the kind to think too long on these things and tend to dive in.
    @Neilw: Had a look at those speakers and they look great value and have got very good reviews.

@ Richersounds: I see also that the Denons can only be collected from the shop. Why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I'm sure that the posts on this thread are intended to be helpful and are appreciated by the OP but please have a look at the stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", in particular the part that says
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

The first post on this thread is clearly intended for Richersounds and now would be a good time to let Richersounds answer the OPs questions.

Discussion of the merits of your choice of AV receiver/speakers are always welcome on the HE Forums. In the normal course of events this thread would have been moved to HE, but the OPs question needs to stay here.

Feel free to PM me if you have any queries, noting the process set out in the Stickey mentioned above.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

@ Richersounds: I see also that the Denons can only be collected from the shop. Why is that?

VAl,

apologies for the delay - if you drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie - I'm sure we could get you sorted,

ATB,

The RS Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. Will do.

Well it's up and running. Thanks John and Kenny. Now to mull over some fairly decent speakers. I won't be long getting tired of the cornflakes boxes!:p

Well it's up and running. Thanks John and Kenny. Now to mull over some fairly decent speakers. I won't be long getting tired of the cornflakes boxes!:p

Val,

Thanks for the post and del;ighted to hear that you are enjoying your Denon receiver.

Are you looking for satellite type speakers or can you take full size bookshelves or floorstanders - I know you had an initial budget of €300 (we can work with that if you like...;))

Keep us posted and we will give you a few suggestions and deals,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

We'll see John. Presently negotiating a full brand new set of Tannoy Arenas for a very very good price (£350 less than RS). Will let you know. There will be more stuff needed when the extension is done so I'll definitely be back.

We'll see John. Presently negotiating a full brand new set of Tannoy Arenas for a very very good price (£350 less than RS). Will let you know. There will be more stuff needed when the extension is done so I'll definitely be back.

Valentia,

sounds like an amazing price - our last one were sold at £399.95 so if you can get them anywhere like that - taks them with both hands - be careful which Subwoofer they come with there are 2 (one is from the 'lite' system)

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

Something very weird there John. They were £999 when I checked which was at the same time I was buying them. I can cancel the other ones if they don't match but that is beyond strange.

Edit: I'm just over the shock ;-)

Have you got any is stock John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Velentia.

Unfortuantely not. The Arena has been finished for quite some time now and we cleared our last ones towards the end of last year.

Any stock that any other dealers have left will be the end of these as Tannoy have no stock left, so I couldn't even order you a set in.

The only other piece of advice that I can give you towards this package, is be careful of the costs for accessories. The stands and wall brackets etc can be pricey compared to the price you are looking at for the pack.

Sorry this isn't more positive. If I could get my hands on a set, I'd be happy to supply them. We can quote for alternatives.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.