Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

homolumo wrote: »
    light snow starting again here in Waterford about 5 miles from coast. www.raintoday.co.uk looks about spot on with its radar.

Yeah its getting a bit heavier. No thaw here, Temp -0.4 DP -1.6c perfect for snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Slightly concerned that the radar doesnt look more active at the moment. Where are these more widespread showers, that Met Eireann have flagged this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

mickger wrote: »
    Yeah its getting a bit heavier. No thaw here, Temp -0.4 DP -1.6c perfect for snow :D
    It's not snowing where I am, Dunmore R'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: -0.8 °C
    Dew Point: -1.1 °C

Woke to find it snowing steadily and a fresh covering of about 1cm.
    Big flakes coming down now and I don't think it'll be long before I get snowed in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

I Would Like To Report SNOW
    And Alot Of It

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Light sleety snow in the Folly area of Waterford city, no wind though and as I look out now beginning to stop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Substantial thaw going on here and temp +3.5c, strong east wind, dull and overcast. Had rain about 1 hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Definitely thawing here in Dub 6. roof tops were covered in snow last night at midnight. now, sadly, they're not1

We also just had a little bit of rain :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Any chance of this shifting back to snow in Dubs as the days moves forward?

Do the weather always go North South like last night?

Is there colder air coming?

These questions and more I want answers to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

This has turned into a depressing nightmare from -10c at 12am to 0.5c now look at this!
    I was sort of hoping we could stay below 0c to 13pm but no by 13pm it will all have gone!
    www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ballykelly-latest-weather.html

• Advertisement

pp_me129 wrote: »
    I Would Like To Report SNOW
    And Alot Of It
    Where did you get a lot? Didn't get a lot in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

diddlybit wrote: »
    Snow showers again in Ranelagh! Last time I aws out for a shivery cigarette there was about 8 inches in the back garden...cant wait to see it in the morning (or later)

(Saw a fox running along in it too which was insanely lovely to see. I know, what a sap:))

These fame hungry foxes eh!!! One does a Guinness Christmas Ad and they all want the limelight!! :D

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

cloud cover now here, temps have risen to -4.3c, a small flurry of fine snow at the moment, but its the finest snow Ive ever seen.

Yes all the percip on radars not moving, they are stagnant. I see the SE UK now have dropped the severe weather warning, its shifted up to the NE of the UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Some light thaw here but still a heavy covering of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God batt o'keefe must feel like the biggest eejit in the country right now....or should that be me!:mad:........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

leahyl wrote: »
    God batt o'keefe must feel like the biggest eejit in the country right now....or should that be me!:mad:........:)
    Well even if its sleet or rain in places it will freeze at night so ICE will cause serious issues

200motels wrote: »
    Where did you get a lot? Didn't get a lot in the City.

We got a nice covering in Ballybeg ;) Starting up again very heavy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Must've rained a bit here overnight, have lost all of yesterdays snowfall and am back to the frozen slush layer underneath now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

folks, let the day run and see what happens, still think it will be snow in land,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

No sign of anything in Kerry yet,Night just seemed to be dry and cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

few flurries here all morning, sky looks serious but the radar doesnt...not till later anyway:) measured snow at 3.5cm this morning.wonder what it will be later.to all those that have been waiting-impatiently- for snow and so far have only gotten a light dusting, or even worse nothing at all,good luck and may it fall hard and thick;)

May The Snow Be With You:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Yes boi, now it's really kicking in in Waterford - here's hoping

You getting this 200motels? Heavy now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lets hope that what Waterford is getting now is going to continue northwards.. I am now resigned to the fact that I wont see any snow up here today but I hope that the rest of ye do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Very light snowflakes blowing around in the breeze. No snow overnight. Dull, cloudy day, not expecting anything much.

I am going to patent my snowshield and sell to the highest bidder.

Yes it's now falling heavily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Any Corkfords Have Snow Yet :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

These fame hungry foxes eh!!! One does a Guinness Christmas Ad and they all want the limelight!! :D

Sean

lol good one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

There has been a thaw also here in Dublin 4 but hail has now started to fall.
    Not snowing but still better than rain. :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Is that Waterford stuff tracking north or south

or west...

or up?

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement