Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Any Corkfords Have Snow Yet :P:P:P

No still dry but cloudy so maybe we might get something....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Is that Waterford stuff tracking north or south

or west...

or up?

:P

Who Cares :):L:L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Were are going to get dumped on, its all coming up from the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Hail showers on and off - Dublin 2 but snow is melting fast :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

mickger wrote: »

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Pics from Waterford and now. We don't believe you. Its obvious you are just trying to wind up the Cork people.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Hope your right mickger bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

irish1967 wrote: »
    Lets hope that what Waterford is getting now is going to continue northwards.. I am now resigned to the fact that I wont see any snow up here today but I hope that the rest of ye do

Thanks. And just for saying that,the snow gods will make sure the snow makes it to you later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Was snowing moderately in South Tipp from 0930,just stopped but looks like it will be on/off for a while here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Shiny wrote: »
    There has been a thaw also here in Dublin 4 but hail has now started to fall.
    Not snowing but still better than rain. :)

Hail in D4?

I'm literally a mile or two away from you and nothing. That's mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

We have a force field set up around Carrickmacross! only light flurries of snow have gotten through all week! looks lovely in the distance, where it hasnt thawed but up close its really frost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

You getting this 200motels? Heavy now

still light out here in Kill but hopefully will get heavier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Lest we think our weather is unusual, the latest temperature in Orlando Florida is -1 C. Middle of the night there, but very rare to see sub zero temperatures even in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Radio 1 10 o'clock news are saying there is definitely more snow expected throughout the country

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Kilcullen in Kildare got a few more inches last night, snowing intermittantly this morning. I've about 4-5 inches in my back garden now, and the level of snow on the roads in the estate are almost up to the footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

dolliemix wrote: »
    Hail in D4?

I'm literally a mile or two away from you and nothing. That's mad!

It has stopped now. Could probably be classed as a hail flurry. ;)

*prays for snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dolliemix wrote: »
    Radio 1 10 o'clock news are saying there is definitely more snow expected throughout the country

Yes but not cork me thinks - we prefer sleet and rain here:rolleyes:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Hopefully the Waterford boys are out in the snow taking pictures.

Until I see one Im unconvinced.:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

ok, if this changes to rain for a while then to sleet then snow and the same again tomorrow it's probably gonna be more chaotic than just snow...

the trick will be the temp/dp I guess.... where can we all find those easily for our hoods?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Heavy snow here at the moment! Pretty much our first heavy snowfall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Rte radio 1 forecast said snow will be widespread and extending northwards later

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

YES....:D the snow has started in Limerick... Lets see how much we get. About freekin time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

mollzer wrote: »
    We have a force field set up around Carrickmacross! only light flurries of snow have gotten through all week! looks lovely in the distance, where it hasnt thawed but up close its really frost!
    There is real snow in corduff :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Kilcullen in Kildare got a few more inches last night, snowing intermittantly this morning. I've about 4-5 inches in my back garden now, and the level of snow on the roads in the estate are almost up to the footpaths.

Same here! The footprints I made before going to bed last night are gone and so are the footpaths! Just started snowing again here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

If we get snow here I'll definately post some pics.

Breeze is picking up a good bit now and temperatures are still around -4deg C according to the NRA data.

Think I know where I can get my hands on a thermometer (digital and uncalibrated but it'll still be good enough to show a trend), my mercury one isn't to hand recently must make mental note to self to bring it back home again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Good morning all

Oh mother of all thats good and holy its cold today! :D

Can my fellow corkonians stop the panic!! we'll get snow , I can feel it in my bones!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

DDigital wrote: »
    Pics from Waterford and now. We don't believe you. Its obvious you are just trying to wind up the Cork people.:D
    101879.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

YES....:D the snow has started in Limerick... Lets see how much we get. About freekin time!!!

were in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

sun is making an appearence here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

In Tinahely, Wicklow. we got a few heavy snow flurries over night. But there is a slight thaw this morning but there is already a thick layer of snow. Any idea if we are getting any more snow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement