Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Waterford has lost its virginity!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I'm very hopeful of snow in Cork in the next hour or two. Conditions right now are perfect. Temperature and dew point are just right. Any rise in either could spoil the party but its being cloudy here for some time and conditions are holding good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

YES....:D the snow has started in Limerick... Lets see how much we get. About freekin time!!!

I don't understand how Limerick is getting snow and cork isn't? Isn't this system moving up from the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

snow melting in North Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

leahyl, you should see snow. believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

tony1212 wrote: »
    were in limerick

killmallock rd... its light enough but at least its a start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

looks like its coming in from the south east

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its absolutely belting snow in......

Waterford!!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

leahyl wrote: »
    I don't understand how Limerick is getting snow and cork isn't? Isn't this system moving up from the south?

Moving east to west isn't it? :confused: It'll come. Patience my friend, patience!

Edit...it if is snowing in Waterford that should make its way here shortly on those easterly winds. I hope they are not extracting the michael those waterford folk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

snow melting in North Dublin

early days yet - keep the faith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

Hopefully the worst of this is staying South of Dublin.
    Snow starting to melt in North Dublin now though, at a rapid rate.
    Maybe we'll be able to get into work tomorrow after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

mono_mac wrote: »
    There is real snow in corduff :-P

Force field doesnt stretch that far....sorry..........

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

Woooohoooo! Finally we have snow down here-nice covering too and it's getting heavier:D

Trotter wrote: »
    Its absolutely belting snow in......

Waterford!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Delighted for all the snow worshippers in Waterford. Like Cork, they have been starved for snow during the past 3 weeks. Congrats:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

-1 here in Kildare right now, no sign of any thaw,got my measuring tape out and we have 4.9 inches here now.
    Went for a short spin in the car, roads and paths are now at a uniform level of snow.
    Still some small flurries of snow but very cloudy above.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

don't worry leahyl - give it an hour or so and it'll (eventually) be snowing in cork.

temp and conditions are just right and should hopefully stay that way for a few hours - enough to turn the place white

midday or thereabouts

don't give up now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

RockPaper wrote: »
    Woooohoooo! Finally we have snow down here-nice covering too and it's getting heavier:D

It will all melt by 1 o clock.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

D14 defo a thaw. It seems to be accelerating too. Lumps of snow sliding off parked cars. My car has had a layer of ice on the roof for the last week that didnt shift even with driving it and its gone now. It feels like at least 3 or 4 degrees ATM. Where I am is usually the last to lose frost and snow in the past too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

RockPaper wrote: »

Where in the county are you cos i have notin?:(

caeser wrote: »
    Where in the county are you cos i have notin?:(
    In the City down by the river

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The nice 1cm or so covering of snow last night is quickly melting... horrified to look out the window this morning and see snow gone from the cars etc. Spot on in terms of what was said for coastal locations, looks like rain for here anyway today.

Feeling milder and a grey sky overhead, more like typical Irish weather!

Waterford must be getting the snow from the ribbon of cloud shown here just off the coast. The main band of cloud is still a bit off.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

graupel here now.is this the start I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Leeside wrote: »
    Delighted for all the snow worshippers in Waterford. Like Cork, they have been starved for snow during the past 3 weeks. Congrats:)

+1... good for you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Snow has melted in Greystones. :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Overcast here in Trim, but nothing other than the lightest of snizzle here. Had some light showers yesterday and some decent flakes for a time around 9pm or so, didn't last long though. No thaw as of yet, but doesn't look like we'll be getting snow in the short term anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Good stuff for the folks in Waterford. Fingers crossed that use Cork inhabitants will get it soon, and that the temperature doesn't rise too much.

DDigital wrote: »
    It will all melt by 1 o clock.:D
    Probably! But you can't wreck my buzz right now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

11.5 cm of snow on the ground here in Terenure, but there is a definite thaw on. Temp 0.3C. Water dripping from the gutters, snow falling off the trees and the cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Snow has melted in Greystones. :eek:
    Higher temps promised for the east today, it's supposed to be the wests turn now:)come on snow gods.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement