Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mickger wrote: »
    Even better than i thought it would be, big massive flakes :D

Aaw so lucky!:) not long now and hopefully it should hit us here:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Light but persistent snow here currently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Raining lightly in Lucan village.
    Road has just been regritted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

paddybar wrote: »
    getting heavy here now.still graupel though but my hopes are rising

Where in north Cork are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Light snow in Tipp Town for the last hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Bah, humbug.

Cold, overcast, but with no chance of anything for now....

Even the moldy looking dusting has been replaced by frost/ice cover.

Radar not looking good, temps uninspiring, Snow gods why have you forsaken me?
    :(

(Is it because I was cross with the youngsters who threw snowballs at me car the other day?)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what's going on ???

Dublin 18 thaw going on, due to sleety rain at some stage last night no doubt. This isn't meant to happen !

Is this the beginning of the end ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Now the cold spell seems to be over... its pothole hell coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

ciaran67 wrote: »

Now the cold spell seems to be over...? What leads you to that conclusion? Lets hope you are not suffering from premature ejaculation of incorrect statements on boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

ciaran67 wrote: »

Over? Just beginning for some of us!:D

Snow is heavier here now, persistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

That clump of cloud off the SE coast is the slowest moving thing on earth. If it has snow left when it eventually gets here the south is going to get a lot of snow me thinks.

Over? Just beginning for some of us!:D

Snow is heavier here now, persistent.

Come on Sierra keep up... its April here now and 18c :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

dave1982 wrote: »
    Where in north Cork are you ?
    4 1/2 miles north of doneraile at the foot of the ballyhoura mts

auerillo wrote: »
    Now the cold spell seems to be over...? What leads you to that conclusion? Lets hope you are not suffering from premature ejaculation of incorrect statements on boards.

The fact its raining outside and +3/4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Sky long term forecast suggest temps of 7c in Cork by Wednesday :(

Snowing lightly in North Kerry btw and the sky looks full of the white stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dewpoints on the way down again, like a warm sector has passed, interesting. Once the precip starts again i'd expect the temps to plunge.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

The big thaw in swords. Is this the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Light snow here in West Limerick.

Kinda really light flakes that are swirling about and getting blown every where.

What's landing is settling but very, very light dusting so far.

Have the camera ready for if it starts to look anything more than it would look after a good hard frost.

Average temperature from NRA data has risen to approx -3deg C. Have located digital thermometer and going to stick it outside now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Heavy snow here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

just started snowing lightly here, still below freezing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Snow seems to have stopped in Ferrybank area of Waterford for now. Still big heavy clouds about though

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

D18 Big Thaw... Kids are gutted. I would imagine Batt will make an announcement cos if this thaw continues, there will be no way schools in Dublin can justify being closed till Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

teeniest little baby snowfakes falling in Craughwell co Galway for the past 10 minutes.... come on little baby snowflakes, time to grow up and be big fat giant snowflakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

AntiRip wrote: »
    Sky long term forecast suggest temps of 7c in Cork by Wednesday :(

Snowing lightly in North Kerry btw and the sky looks full of the white stuff :)
    Tactical wrote: »
    Light snow here in West Limerick.

Kinda really light flakes that are swirling about and getting blown every where.

What's landing is settling but very, very light dusting so far.

Have the camera ready for if it starts to look anything more than it would look after a good hard frost.

Average temperature from NRA data has risen to approx -3deg C. Have located digital thermometer and going to stick it outside now.

I'm obviously near both of you as it's also snowing here,But only very very lightly...I'll be patient though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

What we need in Dublin right now is heavier precipitation to make temps fall...and honestly it all seems pretty light...I had a feeling this was going to happen (stronger wind from sea=massive thaw :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

KevIRL wrote: »
    Snow seems to have stopped in Ferrybank area of Waterford for now. Still big heavy clouds about though

Still snowing in the IDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: -0.7 °C
    Dew Point: -1.0 °C

It stopped snowing a few minutes ago, but I don't think it'll be long before it starts again judging by the state of the clouds. Had about 2cm since 9 o'clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

UK Weather radar shows that cloud mass should dump a load of snow on us down South here, I'm 20 miles away from the sea and up high so hope to get it. very very light flakes starting now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kopman83

snowing in mallow now light enough but its better than nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

:( my prayers werent answered...... the bit of snow i had here in arklow is melting rapidly and it doesnt look like we'll be getting any snow today now either:(:mad::(

But enjoy it everyone else whose getting snow:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement