Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

This is a great thread! I'm learning so much...what are you expecting in Dublin today?

I'm in Castleknock, came in at 5am and there was so much snow, it's so pretty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The cold weather and snow will continue for some for a few more days yet. The coastal areas will be less cold but inland and higher ground will see it continue for a while yet. The country can't afford this weather to continue. The sooner it ends the better.

Just snow flurries at present here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

where is that heading? west or north?!
    NW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Come on the thaw !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

They are almost microscopic but they are there. Lazily making their way from the heavens.....tiny, white snow flakes in the last five minutes.

Northside Cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Villain wrote: »
    NW

seems very slow moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It seems that Owen rarely reads other mails?
    manonmir wrote: »
    You're not owed snow/low temperatures so will you please stop acting like someone attacked you, of course it's going to return to a more normal temperature eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The TINIEST flakes ever falling in cork city!! Can barely see them like but of course I can! Could be the start of something:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Most of it will miss Dublin, so RTÉ no longer care. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Im in Dublin 4 area and we currently have what appears to be rain, well its probably sleety rain, but its not snow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

SeaFields wrote: »
    my father said the 96fm forecast at 11am just said sunny spells by this afternoon. Do they just randomly make up forecasts or what! :mad:
    Yea, 96fm are a law unto themselves. I wouldn't take any notice of them ever especially their morning progs.:D Just listen to them for local sports results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Villain wrote: »
    Sat Image,

101884.png

Cheers Villian, thats a pasting for us:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

where is that heading? west or north?!

NORTH WEST at the moment and then swings more WESTERLY over north Dublin........ I think

leahyl wrote: »
    The TINIEST flakes ever falling in cork city!! Can barely see them like but of course I can! Could be the start of something:D

Nothing here yet but keeping my eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Leeside wrote: »
    Yea, 96fm are a law unto themselves. I wouldn't take any notice of them ever especially their morning progs.:D Just listen to them for local sports results.

Two words for morning programs on 96FM... Wheelie bins...:D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No; we will never forget.

Not ever.

When I went to take the washing in, the part facing the bitter wind had thawed and then dried; the back parts were still frozen.

The snow atop looks a little frailer.
    snaps wrote: »
    come tuesday we will have forgotton all about this cold weather and we will be back into the usual miserable winter mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

started like that in Newcastle West about an hour ago and coming down heavy now so be patient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

nice fall of snow here in north kerry started 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ does this not show snow for wexford/wicklow area is on its way:confused:

it seems that way from that website, here in North Wexford and very very dark tiny snow flakes at the moment seems to be getting a wee bit heavier though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Temp rising here in the last hour, -3.9 it was and now its -.6c. Wind picking up. Something may be stirring out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Leeside wrote: »

Looks like they just took a dublin forecast i.e. a thaw by this afternoon. There is a reason I dont listen to them!

And anyway where better for the local sports results than boardies reporting.

A fox just appeared in the fields behind my place strolling around looking for grub I suspect.

Can confirm that the tiniest drops of the white stuff now falling in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Nothing here on south side of cork city yet.
    Paths outside my house still are covered from the tiny amount that fell yesterday.

EDIT: Just got out my binoculars and yes indeed...a few TINY snow flakes now beginning to fall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its picking up here now again, big blobs of snow falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

sleety rain here in Dublin 13, was so excited last night, now so crushed!!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nothing here windy and dull.Begining to haluncinate now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

last few mins has gotten very heavy, big blobs of snow here too

Ludo wrote: »
    Nothing here on south side of cork city yet.
    Paths outside my house still are covered from the tiny amount that fell yesterday.

I'm on the south :)side.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

light snow in tipperary town for the last two hours, getting heavier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Starting to thaw here in South Dublin. My outdoor water pipe is unfrozen and its raining a bit here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement