Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

As per usual, a complete non-event. I thought when the normally ultra-conservative ME started bleating on about 5 to 10cm of snow in the east, we'd probably actually get some. Got more snow here when there wasn't any weather warnings from ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

leahyl wrote: »
    Is there a covering?

Abso feckin lutely!! :D

101895.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Did the eagle mention how they got it so wrong for today?

Weather warning of accumualtions of between 5-10 cm?!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Stopped here now but i guess it won't be long before it starts up again. There is plenty on the way according to the radar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

getting quite heavy here in limerick... snowflakes still small but its SNOWING:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

there wasnt supposed to be a thaw here but water is dripping from gutters:( will it freeze again or is this

THE END?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Trotter wrote: »

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

West Clondalkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

nifheorais wrote: »
    Stii very very light in Galway City.Is it snowing in souyh Galway/North Clare?

Still getting VERY light drizzle of tiny flakes in Craughwell - very slow progress, but preogress none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Well at least the children in Dublin can go back to school now, no point keeping them out until Thursday it would look a bit silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Everyone seems resigned to it all being over... its only midday, plenty of time. It's only a few short hours til sundown when temps should drop... ye of little faith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Again, I am not convinced that the cold spell is going to end as rapidly as is been made out on here.

The models have clawed back on their predictions of a quick thaw from last night. They now indicate that the battle between the atlantic and colder airmass will be hard fought. The atlnatic will win out most likely in south west and south but north of a line from Galway to wicklow will remain marginal for some time to come yet.

I also notice now that ME have said 'Met Éireann say that this severe weather could last for at least another week.' on RTE News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A keen wind up here since early on..

Would take the skin off you.
    irish1967 wrote: »
    Temp here now 0.6c.. Wind rising too. was total dead calm an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Web_radar.gif

Have faith it will hit Dublin.....

Snowaddict said it - it must be true!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

why is everyone so suprised. the bbc and ukmo bought said that there will be a chance of rain this way . and everyone said they never trused those forecasts ....... well looks like it is happening

Lashing rain here now, with some sleet n stuff.
    If it's raining in Rathdrum folks on highish ground and very close to high ground,then it's game over folks for urban areas in the East.
    It will be rain/sleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

101895.JPG

I feel sick! I know I'm pathetic but I have this funny feeling that Cork is not gonna get much more than this. Showers are moving northwards it said on news.:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its funny that when the snow stops in Dublin, all the posts come in that its all over.. done.. finished.. the end..

Theres other places in the country lads! And its snowing heavy in some of them! Share the enthusiasm of your brethren from "de country!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL its over???

It hasn't even bloody started in most places, relax calm down and wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Agree with you Trotter no thaw yet in south Kilkenny:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Jaysus, ye Dubs think ye're the centre of the universe. Bucketing down snow in Waterford all morning - no sign of thaw and pelting down again with lots more on the way.

Davo D wrote: »
    Well at least the children in Dublin can go back to school now, no point keeping them out until Thursday it would look a bit silly.

but as always there is always in built laziness with these plans. they said it will be reviewed on tuesday so the kids will get atleast monday and tuesday out of it.

the teachers had better work back these days!!!

Its funny that when the snow stops in Dublin, all the posts come in that its all over.. done.. finished.. the end..

Theres other places in the country lads! And its snowing heavy in some of them! Share the enthusiasm of your brethren from "de country!" :D

Yup I completely agree with you and I work in Dublin everyday!

Personally I don't even think it's over for Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

No thaw here in Louth either!

Well to be honest thats always the way.

It's bone dry here-theres been no precip at all so far.
    Air is 3.1c but the dp is -1.1c so it should snow-at least to start with...
    Thats the theory anyhow.
    Very windy straight off the irish sea though-a warm irish sea relatively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Heavy here in Limerick. We could get alot here. Must go and get some food in. :D

Villain wrote: »
    LOL its over???

It hasn't even bloody started in most places, relax calm down and wait and see

A bit of sense at last - Thank God

i dont mind either way really if its over or not but there was forecasts suggesting that that there could be rain in dublin now.

also i think we have to think that the people are only talking about there area too.

there are other people other than boggers on this forum you know!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Surely if it rains it is much more dangerous than the snow as there is still a huge chance it will freeze when it hits the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

John Eagleton just been on Marian Finucane radio programme. He said there are signs that next week will get cold again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement