Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

North Louth area.

Accuweather are giving plenty of snow showers later today and tomorrow. First shower is supposed to start at 2pm then following showers at,

4pm, 7pm, 8pm, 10pm, 11pm.

More showers given for Monday,

3am, 4am, 5am, 10am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm.

Accu were bang on with predicting the big snow shower last wed's, it only lasted an hour max, wed's big shower is still heavy on ground today, if Accu are correct with this one their could be a lot of snow lying around these parts.

Judging by postings here compared to actual weather reports, best not pay to much attention to Accu or anyother weather report, just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

patneve wrote: »
    precipitation intensifying SE of Dublin http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

It seem like it will be heavier than forecast as its seems to be really intensifying over the sea!

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

& was the original big snow not Sun night /Monday ??? Plenty of time left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

light rain here in arklow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Snow stopped and warm weather here in Limerick.
    Roads and footpaths melting. Warmest it has been for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

As evening closes in and the temperatures drop, can we expect that sleet to turn to snow again in the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Jumpy wrote: »
    Roads and footpaths melting.

my god whats in the snow there:p

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

homolumo wrote: »
    still snowing out here in Kill, no sign of a thaw either. getting to work tomorrow is going to be fun...

Little bit heavier now - but still sleet and temps definitely gone up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Trotter wrote: »
    As evening closes in and the temperatures drop, can we expect that sleet to turn to snow again in the south?

Yes, its a temp game and obv it will get colder towards the night.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Rainy sleet here now. The temperature has held at 1 degree for the last hour or so, but seems to be dropping slightly on my station.

Think its more snow now than sleet. We need it to get heavier to drop temps a little and turn it fully into snow. Temp is a marginal 1.4c now DP is not working on my sensor for some reason. The sooner the better darkness falls so we can get all snow.

Edit: DP is 0.3c thats why we are not getting full snow instead of a sleety/snow mix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Everything is thawing here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:D:p the dog is like wtf is this?! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

445279.ie wrote: »
    Been snowing here in Newcastle West for the last 3 hours :D

The tiny little microscopic flakes have all but stopped here in West Limerick. The temperature has risen to -0.5deg C:mad:

Oh well, I enjoyed it while it was falling. Suppose I'd better get out with the snow shovel and clear the drive not to have it freeze and become lethal overnight :(

Still though, might scrape enough together to make a snowman that's over 1 foot tall ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

thaw here in Dublin - Raining too

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hardly nothing at all where I am in South Tipp. Left the dog out for ten minutes and he came back in with what resembled a light coating of dandruff on his coat.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Bit of a thaw happening here in south westmeath area. "Come on snow old buddy!.....Don't let me down!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well it's steady snow still in cork
    I'm amazed at how marginal it is in places though.
    I guess it is a warm front, when last did a warm front bring snow!

I expect it to get marginal here late tonight as wind veers onshore, so for all you southies best hope is now to 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

garytuohy wrote: »

No rain in Ranelagh at the moment but thawing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

leahyl wrote: »
    :D:p the dog is like wtf is this?! hehe

Careful, you'll lose that little dog if you get an inch of snow, its the wrong colour :eek: It needs a high-vis vest:D

Glad to see you got some snow though...finally :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Perhaps where you are...but not in Dublin at least according to the met's latest forecasts on their site. They say actually that tonight any snow here will become confined to high ground.

For dub at least, the outlook as per this forecast is a big downgrade on what might have been expected yesterday. Seems if and when this precip gets here we can look forward to it getting damp...and cold... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

see the first snowflakes falling this winter in west kerry (sea level)

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Sorry for these,But thought i'd post some pics taken about five mins ago!You can see the snow in them so they are kind of weather shots :pac:

47A55CB6B4684F62875F6573F571DD4A-500.jpg

E0007E49443647E78963BAC8B134B646-500.jpg

A7A5A0029DC649F1A9341DE09753F19E-500.jpg

93D072DB59664413A73F3342D5A04645-500.jpg

Few more (If i take more) uploaded here,And maybe more later

Awww! I was hoping for a pair of tits! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think it's getting slightly lighter now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

2fm have just said the bad weather is all over !!

(oh wait thats a dublin radio station) :):D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Snoddy wrote: »
    Everything is thawing here

Yes. Definite thaw here in Dundalk. I've got a bucket under the drainpipe collecting water as I've had no mains water since Friday. Fair flow of water too. It's handy to keep the loo's going!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

garytuohy wrote: »

in clonsilla there has been no real snow event since around nine last night a few flakes during the night but there has been no thaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Few flakes falling in Naas now !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 54321

After weeks of ice and more ice in west cork the first snow arrived today. Place gone all white. Looks great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement