Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Snowing here for ages
    -1c

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

light snow in west Galway at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

SNEACHTA, WOOHOO. hope these turn out ok taken with a Nokia 6300.
    Churchfield exchange in the background.

Image015.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    Image016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Had a brief shower of sleety rain. Starting up again as I type. I'm actually glad. Mains pipe froze for the first time yesterday. Think I have had enough the big freeze. May the thaw begin. Looks like Met Eireann were right with there down grade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

someone want a tit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Trotter wrote: »
    Lashing rain now in Waterford. Temperature a steady 1.3

I've no dewpoint for Waterford but it looks like we had our fun this morning :mad:

Still... We got snow. We can get snow. Its possible that it could snow in Waterford. We... are snowy people.

So the same thing will happen in Cork too at some point i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

TomTom wrote: »
    Snow still present in Offaly, not snowing any more but the stiff that is here shows no sign of going.

Every time I put out bread and scraps for birds it snows and covers it, so I am heading out now with a full loaf, lets see it cover that (hopefully)

I hate it when the stiff shows no sign of going. Reminds me of my mother-in-law stopping by for a Sunday visit....:D JK!

On topic - still very little this part of Westmeath/Offaly border, a couple of moderate graupel showers and a few intermittent flakes since this morning. Snow that fell last weekend still unthawed, but very littel addition likely I would think unless that snow to the south gets it skates on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

TomTom wrote: »
    Snow still present in Offaly, not snowing any more but the stiff that is here shows no sign of going.

:D.. too much information !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

John2009 wrote: »
    SNEACHTA, WOOHOO. hope these turn out ok taken with a Nokia 6300.
    Churchfield exchange in the background.

Image015.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    Image016.jpg

From one Northsider to another - DAYCENT!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

I've no dewpoint for Waterford but it looks like we had our fun this morning :mad:

Still... We got snow. We can get snow. Its possible that it could snow in Waterford. We... are snowy people.
    It's not rain Trotter-I think it's ....graupel (I learned that word on here last night!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Kids stealing snow from my car. :( Who should I report them to. I know that this unsocial behaviour has been prevalent in other parts of the country all week but we had escaped it until now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

What's with the very sudden change. It was to remain freezing well into the end of next week and now the reports are of + temps all week. Is the snow effectively finished now for the east anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

snow reported in valentia!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

kildare here, temps up to 1 C and a thaw on in the back garden.

Looks like the beginning of the end of the big chill:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's all going mushy here in Dublin 15. It seems to be melting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Leeside wrote: »
    Kids stealing snow from my car. :( Who should I report them to. I know that this unsocial behaviour has been prevalent in other parts of the country all week but we had escaped it until now. :D

A snowfight is the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Rain :eek:Where abouts are you???? We still have a sleety/snow mix in ballybeg :confused:

Edit: Full on snow now, no sleety/snow mix and definately not rain

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

biffoman wrote: »
    light snow in west Galway at the mo.

Yep, things are starting to look up in Craughwell too - dare I say its even sticking to where this mornings frost had melted. Going outside now to give it some encouragement and positive reinforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Had about another inch this morning fall, so that topped everywhere up and has the place looking grad and clean! I am however a little worried about the temp, its a positively mild 1.9c and a DP of 0.5c! I hear lots of dripping! :(

Can someone tell me, but, are we still on track for this evening/night snowfall as forecast, or, was that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

AAHHH i could scream.The precip is just skirting past south kerry/westcork all afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The Mayo border snow shield is directing it along the north Galway border up and around into conemmara. All the clouds are dark to my south and to my west, but above me very thin.

Hows it with you Deep Easterly?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

patneve wrote: »
    snow reported in valentia!!!

and Ice Pellets on Sherkin. Must be a very unusual occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Picking up a bit again in Waterford.

But looking out my window the amount of idiots tearing up the Folly hill is nothing short of lunacy - slow down lads

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Steady light snowfall here in Sth KK.....finally :)

Shocking to hear how many people without water / heat :(

We havent had water since mains pipes froze last Wed night! but temp now rising to +2 so we're caught between wishing for snow and a thaw so we can get our water back! At this stage if we get snow the having no water will be worth the freezing temps!
    But clouds crossing over us now, nothing happening though (force field still working in Carrick).

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

WillieDH wrote: »
    kildare here, temps up to 1 C and a thaw on in the back garden.

Looks like the beginning of the end of the big chill:)

Here's hoping but it may only be a brief interlude. Heard Eagleton (eagle) on radio and he says it may turn back to colder weather again next week.

lol it's snowing in valentia...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Snow bucketing down here again in Ferrybank in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kenzi

Snow been pumping down since 7 this morning outside Charleville:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Everytime I look out my window I get these bouts of Tourette's :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Snow bucketing down here again in Ferrybank in Waterford

Can see that in the distance hopefully will push that few miles over the river to Ballybeg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement