Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

Had about another inch this morning fall, so that topped everywhere up and has the place looking grad and clean! I am however a little worried about the temp, its a positively mild 1.9c and a DP of 0.5c! I hear lots of dripping! :(

Can someone tell me, but, are we still on track for this evening/night snowfall as forecast, or, was that it?
    Thats not good...
    I take back wjhat i said,the weathers being sneaky.
    Even Tullows dp is higher than mine now..
    Better chance of snow there though I would think than here.

Laws of nowcast are defeating the laws of science on this one i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Alicat wrote: »
    Everytime I look out my window I get these bouts of Tourette's :(

Ah now you got lots of snow last night Alicat!! You'll get some again before the winter is out i'm sure!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

according to http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y wexford/wicklow area should have had rain/sleet/snow since 11am but here in arklow we have had a tiny bit of drizzle about 20mins ago and thats all:confused: just dont understand it:rolleyes:

Snow has got a good bit lighter now here in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

what the hell is going on, our dead cert snow:( whats happening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

large blob of precipitation heading for dublin/wicklow on ME radar, thinks its going to be rain at 3c tho.........!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A few flakes floating around in the breeze. Temp down to 1.6°C with a DP of -1.5°C ,anything falling will be wintry. I wonder if that stuff to the south will ever move up over here properly!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thats not good...
    I take back wjhat i said,the weathers being sneaky.
    Even Tullows dp is higher than mine now..
    Better chance of snow there though I would think than here.

Laws of nowcast are defeating the laws of science on this one i think!

Yeah, just seen that Villain is the same air temp as me, 1.9c and a DP of 0.4c, although, having said that my DP has taken a drop to 0.2c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

25k4mbq.jpg

Calm Down , Calm down!!! . Im sure with the temp drop this evening we will get our Snow top up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah now you got lots of snow last night Alicat!! You'll get some again before the winter is out i'm sure!;)

I know :( I'm just being greedy and selfish :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

If everyone in Mayo could kindly take a deep breath on the count of three... we might suck that precipitation up here (just incase poor oul Galway gets snowed in ;))...

ONE... TWO... THREEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

According to this we are due a bit more percip in Leinster shortly but how it falls is another question, sleet or snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Trotter wrote: »
    Lashing rain now in Waterford. Temperature a steady 1.3

I've no dewpoint for Waterford but it looks like we had our fun this morning :mad:

Still... We got snow. We can get snow. Its possible that it could snow in Waterford. We... are snowy people.

still snowing out here in the county

greeno wrote: »

According to this we are due a bit more percip in Leinster shortly but how it falls is another question, sleet or snow?

Piss probably :( Never mind sleet or snow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

greeno wrote: »

rain I'd imagine. we're having a heatwave here in dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

a few flurries in Connemara at the mo, and snowing near Macroom, nothing so far today in Foxford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Stopped again in Mullingar. Work tomorrow by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tommo119

Glad all you in Ireland are getting some snow! Had snow on the ground here since mid December and had enough of it.. BBC forecast here in UK shows that snow moving right over Ireland into this evening, so have fun! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Actually DP's are lower to the south than the north in the precip from earlier. Almost like a warm sector?
    Lok att BB and mine and MM DP and compare to the Carlow ones now. if that precip makes it I am confidant of another bout of sneachta..thats if the wretched stuff ever moves north !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Alicat wrote: »
    I know :( I'm just being greedy and selfish :(

Question is do you always get what you want in the end den eh ? :D

• Advertisement

Tommo119 wrote: »
    Glad all you in Ireland are getting some snow! Had snow on the ground here since mid December and had enough of it.. BBC forecast here in UK shows that snow moving right over Ireland into this evening, so have fun! Lol

We will:D! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow ghost wrote: »
    If everyone in Mayo could kindly take a deep breath on the count of three... we might suck that precipitation up here (just incase poor oul Galway gets snowed in ;))...

ONE... TWO... THREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its gas, it cant get past Galway bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The cracken

snowig here now for the last 2 hours fairly heavy don't look like it's stoping any time soon. had a thaw this morning didn't think in would snow at all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads can someone give me a link to a site with dew points for Waterford city and tell me what the magic number is that I need to hope for? Thanks a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

Tommo119 wrote: »

Do u have a cat? Hehe :D Lol someone had to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

I've been out all morning and there has been plenty of thaw. But looking at the radar i wonder are those showers heading north? Only been a sleet shower here all morning. Is the big event still on it's way?

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Question is do you always get what you want in the end den eh ? :D

Somehow I don't think a tantrum is going to increase the chances of snow. Works for other stuff, but not for this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tommo119

Do u have a cat? Hehe :D Lol someone had to!

No Cat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

What we don't want is precip in Dublin rrihgt now. The temp is too high and all we'll get is sleet or even rain, there MUST have been rain overnight here in the north county because all the snow has vanished in 12 hours, from 2cm to literally mm's and nothing in places.

However if the temps drops sufficiently and the precip falls this evening and tonight rather than starting now as rain we could get a decent covering. Mind you, that will probably thaw again just as quick.

I notice met have done a fair quick turnabout on temp forecasts - which MT and the crew here did 2 days ago...what's the betting now that as predicted it'll turn colder again in a week's time while all the councils will have decided that it's all over and we'lkl have chaos again.

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    A few flakes floating around in the breeze. Temp down to 1.6°C with a DP of -1.5°C ,anything falling will be wintry. I wonder if that stuff to the south will ever move up over here properly!
    It's snowing moderately for the last hour at Annagh on the Gorey Tinahely road.
    Dp has just gone above zero here-thats curtains for the snow at this location.
    Air is 2.3c
    Raining lightly with a good few twirly twisty flakes blowing in the wind also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement