Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

No reason why it should materialise but the freaking temps are to high at the moment.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Where'd you quote this from?

rte live updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Surely Dublin will drop a degree and a half within the next hour or two? then - maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

yeah i expect widespread rain/sleet later on...may turn to wet snow (Dublin area)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Where'd you quote this from?

its on the rte website update

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0110/tracker.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

I'm only 10 miles from mullinavat, snowing very lightly now, not sticking really. Have only about 2 '' in total since thursday. :(

Well it's very localised. Go into Mullinavat & up the Hills, there is a copious amount of snowfall. Is it not snowing heavy there?

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Surely Dublin will drop a degree and a half within the next hour or two? then - maybe!

Yup we need it to drop and then the fun shall begin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nothing here, just a couple of graupel showers earlier, and the temperature is now above 2 degrees, there is a visible thaw of the (little) snow we have.

Valentia latest report snow showers while Mullingar has recent rain. Truly our climate has changed utterly...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Maybe if we all turn off our heating?.....Maybe? :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman , hows with you?, your DP looks good?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Have very light snow here for 3 and a half hours now, but not really having any effect.:(

Had a small chimney fire earlier ( nothing serious) but lots of soot was flying out the chimney, so it looked like it was snowing black and white!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Thinking of going to Glendalough tomorrow morning. Anyone know if there is much snow lying there and what the roads are like?

Yesterday afternoon.
    road%20to%20glendalough%206.1.2010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Not looking good here in Swords :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

KevIRL wrote: »
    Big flakes of snow falling in Ferrybank area of Waterford City. Lots of them too, a lot of heavy low clouds too, hurry up and drop temperature!

Yeah and its the proper big flakes, the ones that will stick. Most of the stuff we had since about 12 were not sticking but this stuff will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Finally some proper snow !:) This is our first real dose of snow since this "mini ice age" started:D

You can't see it in the photos but it is lightly snowing !
    dsc00891b.jpg

dsc00890b.jpg

dsc00889i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Big No Event for me in Wexford, what snow i had is disappearing fast!!!

So sad!!!

Only thing made me happy is Leahyl got her snow!

Happy snowday people in Cork:) oh and Waterford!

Please someone tell me something that will make me happy!!!
    (it just rained:(:(:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

"1458 An iceberg has been spotted 1km northwest of Arranmore Lighthouse in Co Donegal.

It is 40 years since an iceberg was last recorded off the Northwest coast."

Global warming is off.
    Not before we got a carbon tax though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Snowing here in clonmel since just after half twelve light to moderate but consistant all lodging! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mickger wrote: »
    Snowing a bit heavier here now. Don't think its adding to the accumulations that much. We need it heavier i think. Temp 1.1c DP 0.1c

Are you getting the DP from your own station?

Snow on the Dunmore Road in Waterford is the flakey variety and it is starting to stick again. Temp here 0.8. I've no DP measurement facility.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its been snowing here since 11AM today, usually light but at times heavier. Big snow flakes dropping now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Winter back on again here, great stuff :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

Rain, rain rain....: ( Anyone else in Gorey area hear that water is going to be turned off for 4 hours shortly to conserve supplies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

101960.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snizzle here for the last few hrs. It's sticking but there's only enough to make a snowmouse yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Love the way none of the radars show snow in Waterford, but its been snowing since half 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

For what its worth 12z GFS shows the precip intensifying as it moves north, borderline stuff though obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Heavy Snow now but not sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Love the way none of the radars show snow in Waterford, but its been snowing since half 9.
    Yeah that's strange, must be something wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

hasn't stopped snowing here in Kill, Waterford since about 9.30 this morning albeit that most of it has been light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

101964.JPGThs snowman. okay i now he's not great, but we dont get a lot of practice in Cork. BTW, how does one embed a photo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement