Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

It is spitting rain here in carlow. Best not start raining and get rid of this snow :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Nothing at all in Bray - anything on its way to me ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

items wrote: »
    North Louth area.

Accuweather are giving plenty of snow showers later today and tomorrow. First shower is supposed to start at 2pm then following showers at,

4pm, 7pm, 8pm, 10pm, 11pm.

More showers given for Monday,

3am, 4am, 5am, 10am, 11am, 4pm, 5pm.

Accu were bang on with predicting the big snow shower last wed's, it only lasted an hour max, wed's big shower is still heavy on ground today, if Accu are correct with this one their could be a lot of snow lying around these parts.

Judging by postings here compared to actual weather reports, best not pay to much attention to Accu or anyother weather report, just have to wait and see.

So far Accu have been spot on, another shower just started. Nothing major but still snow is snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's really dull here now but the snow is gone way lighter but tbh it looks like it's going to bucket down (with snow i mean)!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gpod123

CAN SOMEONE PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEE TELL ME IF ITS GOING TO SNOW IN DONEGAL TODAY/TONIGHT? GETTING FED UP WAITING FOR IT, we have had nothing decent since wednesday night!!

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The part where it isn't snowing. :mad:[/QUOTE
    if what's falling here is all that's coming your way then your best off without !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

GavinH wrote: »
    Sorry will resize the next time.

Your snowman looks really angry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Moderate/heavy snow now, keep building!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Winter back on again here, great stuff :D

Send it up to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ch750536 wrote: »
    '1458 An iceberg has been spotted 1km northwest of Arranmore Lighthouse in Co Donegal.

It is 40 years since an iceberg was last recorded off the Northwest coast.'

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0110/tracker.html

An earthquake and now an iceberg in the same week... Donegal !! What a weird and wonderful place ;)

• Advertisement

Dublin Snow - is it coming back ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jenzz wrote: »
    Nothing at all in Bray - anything on its way to me ??

This band of precip is moving north at an incredible slow rate on the east coast. Its been spitting here for what seems hours and only now is coming down at a rate that will start accumulating before next xmas.
    Mothman down the road (http://www.wicklowweather.com/) has DP's at the right side of zero so if its snowing there too than Bray should see some snow eventually again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Dublin Snow - is it coming back ???

Hopefully,its supposed to blow northward this evening. Sky is totally grey in Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The snaps and deep easterly's snow shield!

101970.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

jenzz wrote: »
    Send it up to me
    and me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dr Cockroach

Temp is 5c snow melted, cloud cover all day no snow, in Loughlinstown co dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Your snowman looks really angry :D

Yes he was. He didn't like being kept waiting the last 3 weeks to be built, due to lack of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

those radars are all over the place:mad: i think its last wednesdays image showing up for the eastcoast:confused: there has been a blob of blue of wicklow on the radars since early this morning yet nothing but a tiny bit of drizzle has fallen here at about 130:confused: weird:cool:

This band of precip is moving north at an incredible slow rate on the east coast. Its been spitting here for what seems hours and only now is coming down at a rate that will start accumulating before next xmas.
    Mothman down the road (http://www.wicklowweather.com/) has DP's at the right side of zero so if its snowing there too than Bray should see some snow eventually again.

Thanks hun temp@ 4.3 dp -.7 down the beach now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

"Diamond" Joe Quimby has just declared today to be snow day!

Seriously, on my hill overlooking Cork City my housing estate is officially now cut off. Roads impossible with 8 days of hard frost covered by several inches of snow and a serious gradient underneath. Not complaining though! Best snow in Cork since Jan 1986 I'd say. Still snowing too!

• Advertisement

those radars are all over the place:mad: i think its last wednesdays image showing up for the eastcoast:confused: there has been a blob of blue of wicklow on the radars since early this morning yet nothing but a tiny bit of drizzle has fallen here at about 130:confused: weird:cool:

Ok everyone IGNORE the radars and just look out the window!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

The part where it isn't snowing. :mad:
    lol!

"Diamond" Joe Quimby has just declared today to be snow day!

Seriously, on my hill overlooking Cork City my housing estate is officially now cut off. Roads impossible with 8 days of hard frost covered by several inches of snow and a serious gradient underneath. Not complaining though! Best snow in Cork since Jan 1986 I'd say. Still snowing too!

Jaysus can't think where you are! You're cut off! I'm on a hill too in a housing estate but we've had no problem getting out!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

leahyl wrote: »

I presume your getting plenty of Snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Damn right , im sick of pressing F5.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

Been lurking here for a while, first post - it's snowing in Kilmacanogue now, so you might be lucky all right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Latest ukmo shows the ppn intensify over Ireland through the night
    I'll stick my neck out here and say it could snow in cork until daybreak tomorrow!!
    6 inches or more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

It looks to be a misleading blob to all the snow lovers tho' blue blob only represents .1 - .5 mm/hr, thats not very much is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

methinks the radar shows wishful thinking(except for snaps and deep easterly) and doesn't show whats happening at all at all!!!

• Advertisement

GavinH wrote: »
    I presume your getting plenty of Snow?

I have enough to keep me happy - it's got a lot lighter now though - hope it picks up again:p!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement