Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Radar exploding now, intensification is starting.
    Heavy heavy snow for all parts between now and midnight (inc Dublin)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Pangea wrote: »
    Im suprised yous are getting a thaw in Co. Derry :confused: None here in Donegal.

its not thawing on roofs or deckings only a little in the fields grass and on the bits of ground which had barely any snow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Supercell wrote: »
    If its snowing in kilmac then the Bray heads should surely be happy soon!

Not a sniff of anything and we're only up the road from Kilmac-in Greystones. Is it heavy?

rain for blackrock I would say to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Supercell wrote: »
    If its snowing in kilmac then the Bray heads should surely be happy soon!

All this 'Bray Head' on Bray Head is seeing is spitty drizzle rain. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Trotter wrote: »
    Its lashing down snow now in Waterford. Its the same stuff as this morning but its not sticking at all. Would I be right in expecting this will stick as temperatures drop overnight?

Colder would definately give it a better chance to stick but i think this mornings snow was alot drier, this stuff is a bit wet and thats why its not sticking. Its still lovely to look at though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Is it possible the much of the blue thats showing on the radar is just low lying cloud ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

blatantly exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow it is really intensifying out west, great for some!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

radar is definitely wrong, over the past 6 hours at most ive seen about 5 minutes of precipitation in extremely short and light bursts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

hon79 wrote: »
    Not a sniff of anything and we're only up the road from Kilmac-in Greystones. Is it heavy?

Very light, stopping and starting every 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Don't trust that radar, its only trying to get your hopes up!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

That radar is a load of bollox. It hasnt snowed in Carlow since 11am, yet the rader has us covered the entire day. The thaw has set in here over the last couple of hours. There was an inch covering my car earlier and now its all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

radar is very wrong. was snowing all day here in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Trotter wrote: »
    Its lashing down snow now in Waterford. Its the same stuff as this morning but its not sticking at all. Would I be right in expecting this will stick as temperatures drop overnight?

I dunno, but I can tell you this much. I cleared the path outside my house this morning after the first snowfall, went off out for a walk in town (took pictures too - will post later), and came back, and the path was just wet. Now, I'm in the door around 15 minutes and it's all just begun to stick again. :D

no sir sleety rain on the east coast.
    look at the m2 temp and dp for heavens sake.
    Only high ground well inland on the east coast will see snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

seanbmc wrote: »
    Hopefully,its supposed to blow northward this evening. Sky is totally grey in Swords

Just went for a walk/slide out here in Rolestown (outsides Swords), quite windy, doesn't seem as cold as its been but is getting colder again. Sky is ominoulsy grey...
    COME ON SNOW..... a week of disruption, couldn't get to the library in college to study, now the bloody places defrosts in time for the exam....
    hope those in blizzardland are making the most of their snow time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Rain, sleet, light hale and cold with a slight breeze, thaw melted off roofs, plants and snow is now much thiner on the ground.

manonmir wrote: »
    blatantly exaggerated.

Forgot to add, loud dripping noises to be heard in the East:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Precip still skirting past south Kerry. A non-event here:mad:

• Advertisement

Heavy intense snow now in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

Forgot to add, loud dripping noises to be heard in the East:D:D

I don't really care if we don't see more snow, enough is enough for me, you shouldn't be making up stuff like that saying for certain it's heavy snow on the way for sure. You never know, some people will be making travel plans based on information in here. Plus you're getting excited peoples hopes up for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Heavy intense snow now in Cork

Really where are you?! I don't see 'heavy intense snow'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Flying in over Dublin earlier. Didn't look as white as when i left last Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

duffman13 wrote: »
    I think the next person who posts about the iceberg in Donegal should be shot or banned, we know already it's been posted 15 times since half 2!!

Cool. An Ice-Berg.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    So much for global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We know how much so many long for snow and how wondrously enthusiastic you are..

But many here are suffering and are watching just as eagerly and as enthusiastially for a thaw.. whiich is as much "weather" as snow.

Please, would posters stop attacking those of us who are weary of ice and cold and snow when we say that; we are as much a part of boards as snow fanatics.

It really is not fair!

Bitter cold here still and still no water.

Two sheep trailers on the back of "cats": have gone up the road; the wond is piercing and it may be that they are having to move sheep even from near the top farms.

For town folk who can watch and enjoy.. and that is great.. but we who live in rural areas, and who have livestock or who have needs.. it is different.

Have a look at the thread here on the cold winning out.

And understand and just listen when we speak of our longing for some respite now.

Without these words like "blasphemy" and "negativity" ...

Thank you! And enoy the snow.

As we will the thaw!!

Back tomorrow hopefully

leahyl wrote: »
    Really where are you?! I don't see 'heavy intense snow'!

Glanmire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Look at the ring around shannon in a perfect circle on the radar, definately a mistake.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

The Lack of Snowfall in dublin is having devastating effect on the locals :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

UKM meso shows the temperature situation well.

Here is the 3pm chart:

Note the less cold temps around the east and Dublin area

10011015_1012.gif

Winds should calm down slightly and veer more ESE

Here is the temps expect at midnight

10011100_1012.gif

And you will even see at 12 tomorrow afternoon, temperaturs arent expected to be as high as today in the east/

10011112_1012.gif

Its interesting and should make things more possible in the east, you would want to be 10/15 miles inland though, who knows maybe 5 miles inland might be good enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement