Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Look at the ring around shannon in a perfect circle on the radar, definately a mistake.:pac:

yes we've had this problem before. think its when the shannon radar ice's up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Glanmire

Ok must be pretty localised i'm only up the road from you in Mayfield and it's not heavy at all - might be moving our way hopefully!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

Very light shower of snow in Blessington at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Pokes wrote: »
    Is it possible the much of the blue thats showing on the radar is just low lying cloud ?

Yeah, I have the blue over my area for several hours and nothing has fallen. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's all over. Goodbye the big freeze:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 THE BISCH

Anyone reckon there will be anymore snow in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Bollox to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Those charts show kk being 0 degrees t midnight, only 1 here now, I find it hard to believe that i will only drop by 1 degree in the next 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Look out my window!! It's been snowing non-stop since 10.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Bucketing down now in east cork
    Blizzards!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Any reports in longford/Rosscommon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Im gonna luv yees & leave yees for a while & catchup on some ironing... Ill update whn it happens & ill report my 10cm when she happens:D

Always the optimist:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

THE BISCH wrote: »
    Anyone reckon there will be anymore snow in Dublin?

If you live 10 miles from the coast, i would say there is a decent chance, probably starting from around 10pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bucketing down now in east cork
    Blizzards!!

Can you take some pics and put them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bit of a thaw here all day, little spits of sleet/snow now and again, nothing substantial.cant complain, we had a great run all week.was almost up to my knees in parts waling home last night.time for the south to have some fun i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

WC, just for record I will say the whole country will have snow by 6-7pm including coastal Dublin.
    Heavier ppn will make the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

If you live 10 miles from the coast, i would say there is a decent chance, probably starting from around 10pm or so.

Seems to be a slight thaw on here WC, any idea what the chances are of the percip falling as rain over night rather than have a new coating of Snow ?

Going by MT's forecast it looks like the freeze is coming close to the end now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Well looks like its over here too:rolleyes: even the rain is patchy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

what about Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

really? you wouldn't just be saying that to tease a girl would ya?
    I really want more snow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light to moderate at times snow continues, probably have about 3-5cm more by morning from this.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

Heavy intense snow now in Cork
    where are you JS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Snowing stealdy since 12pm in bandon.

WC, just for record I will say the whole country will have snow by 6-7pm including coastal Dublin.
    rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hallelujiah. Thanks be to God

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thaw still going on here, snow depth gone from about 3 inchs to just over an inch right now. If this continues all snow may well be melted before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Actually i am not sure. Heavier precip here is driving down the temp alright (but not by a huge amount - maybe 1°C) but the DP has risen a little, by the coast that just means snow/sleet/rain probably. Inland/at elevation is another matter though of course.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a chance, way to mild here and almost all the snow has melted in just a few hours!

Supercell wrote: »
    Light to moderate at times snow continues, probably have about 3-5cm more by morning from this.
    light to moderate would deliver a lot more than 2 inches in 12 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Would ya stop posting sh!te please? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement