Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Belting down snow here. 3 inches in the last few hours. Must be about 8 inches snow now on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

WC, just for record I will say the whole country will have snow by 6-7pm including coastal Dublin.
    Heavier ppn will make the difference

Why do you keep spouting such nonsense? What is your reasoning, what is your experience. There is absolutely no chance of this. People like you are ruining these threads with all the bullish predictions that are baseless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

snaps wrote: »
    Any reports in longford/Rosscommon?

nothing here yet. still lying snow from the constant light snow we had yesterday. very dark all day, sky looked menacing but nothings dropped as of now.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

So a recap of Rathfarnham's day:

Slow but consistent melt off all the likely places (roofs, cars, tops of walls, etc.)

Main roads still very slushy and estates, etc. still snowy... and very snowy at that.

Still 2" on my back garden table...

So all very white still.

On the downside, no precipitation of note AT ALL today... so far..

If we get another 2 inches tonight and if it's colder tomorrow than today (which is sounding likely) it'll be a gruelling morning in SD.

Otherwise, it's gonna be ok.

Now it's a waiting game.

C'mon snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

jaffa20 wrote: »
    It's all over. Goodbye the big freeze:(

snowing since noon in east cork, -2 and about 2 inches on the ground, still pelting down. Yee HAA, no work tomorrow, couldnt possibly make it through this blizzard sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Belting down snow here. 3 inches in the last few hours. Must be about 8 inches snow now on the ground.

You again - Any chance you could tell us where this non-existent Ballytempleroche is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

How quickly it all changes. Snow thawed so fast and the sun was splitting the rocks by this afternoon on the Curragh when I took this photo. Looks like a drought is approaching. What a country!

scan0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Gonzo wrote: »
    thaw still going on here, snow depth gone from about 3 inchs to just over an inch right now. If this continues all snow may well be melted before midnight.

3 inche's,are you serious,im what less than 10 miles from you and never read over 2.5cm on the ground since this cold took over.it;s nearly snowless here a dramatic thaw since this morning.

1.7c/-0.1c :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 THE BISCH

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

light to moderate would deliver a lot more than 2 inches in 12 hours!

True enough, more light than moderate.
    DP up to -0.8 now, maybe snow/sleet/rain here too by morning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Still snowing here in Waterford City, the light, wet, non sticky type but still the most Ive seen since living here. :)

Spent the past few days in Kilkenny and the snow there was glorious: dry, crunchy, powdery snow and the landscapes were incredible.

I will have happy memories of this cold spell now. :)

Hope we have a cracker of a summer after this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

WC, just for record I will say the whole country will have snow by 6-7pm including coastal Dublin.
    Heavier ppn will make the difference

Troll alert....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I swear to god i could break something, feck it anyway, looks like nothing for galway as well feck it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Anyone hear anything about that iceberg off the coast of Donegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Light wet snow here now. The snow we have on the ground is the same snow since this morning. This afternoons snow didn't add to snow depth due to its wet nature. We really need the temps to drop to get the ground cold enough to help this type of snow to stick. Temp now 0.9c DP 0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Im no scientist but I think I will be delivering some outstanding pics first thing in the morning. Something I can't qualify but I think it will still be snowing come 8am.

Hope Im not wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Anyone hear anything about that iceberg off the coast of Donegal?
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

What I don't understand is that, here in greystones, there's not even rain falling from the sky? Will that come later?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Been snowing here lightly for the past 3 hours, the snow still seems to be disappearing off the car tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Troll alert....:rolleyes:

Ya i was thinking that since he said that there was heavy intense snow in glanmire and i'm only about 5 mins up the road and it is isn't that heavy at all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Are we confident enough that the snow falling in Waterford now will not stick and will turn to rain in the next few hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

doccy wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that, here in greystones, there's not even rain falling from the sky? Will that come later?
    Same here:rolleyes: just some rain blowing in the wind I dont get this :mad:

Snowman10 wrote: »
    LOL

Its true. 40 years since an iceberg was last seen off the NW coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

THE BISCH wrote: »
    Web_radar.gif

Will this precip ever make it in the very SW. It has been just passing us by all day. Its soooo frustrating

We know it's true, it's just been mentioned about 8,000 times...

jay28 wrote: »
    Been snowing here lightly for the past 3 hours, the snow still seems to be disappearing off the car tho :(
    ground is much colder than the car so it will stick there.
    Expect another 24hrs of this up there.
    Total sleet down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Its true. 40 years since an iceberg was last seen off the NW coast.
    LOL @ its been mentioned about 50 times here at this stage

Trotter wrote: »
    Are we confident enough that the snow falling in Waterford now will not stick and will turn to rain in the next few hours?

Yep,temps rising down here overnight, it will be 5c or 6c in the morning.

Still though, I told ya it would snow down here! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Trotter wrote: »

Don't think it will turn to rain and hopefully it will stick if it gets heavy enough and the temps drop below zero. Its 0.8c now by the way

• Advertisement

wushu wrote: »
    Same here:rolleyes: just some rain blowing in the wind I dont get this :mad:
    very slow moving as the upper winds are against the lower winds.
    rain/sleet in arklow since about 2 pm non stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement