Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The rest of the country looked on as the east got the majority of snow showers but looks like the last laugh will be theirs :o

ffs, just once it would be nice if one of these big events stayed the right side of marginality for me!

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

GigaByte wrote: »
    My contact in Met Eirean has confidently predicted we will have a lot more snow on the 20 of January, they've been spot on so far!!

Jean would never give out tips like that free of charge! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

My contact in Met Eirean has confidently predicted we will have a lot more snow on the 20 of January, they've been spot on so far!!

More BS.

ME Haven't been spot on so far. They have called twice this week for heavy snow in Ulster/Connaught and today East.

The only decent snow Dublin saw wasn't forecast by ME at all, they had it down as potential showers. More like 3 bursts of heavy heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

snaps wrote: »
    looking at irelandsweather.com, who would have thought munster would be the coldest!

So true - it makes a change to be plus temperatures here in Carlow. I am used to seeing daytime temperatures of -1 & less, and then nighttime temperatures dropping to silly figures.

Although I am still not too impressed with drops of rain coming down !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Cork Airport closed now because of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

Snowing here at the moment and is sticking.Has been intermitent all day pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

weather on rte 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Intresting to see what the weather will say now - prob nothing for dub :(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Cork airport closed due to the snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

How long have you known the ME receptionist and do you trust her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There is the eeriest glow over Cork city tonight. I can see trees in the fields behind my place that are 300 yards away. A wonderful pink glow against the white landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

heavy snow here in Limerick City. has been pretty much persistant all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thats it for the cold for now, judging by ME

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Looks like its all downhill from here on in according to Gerry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

:D:D:D:D:D

drum roll
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thats it for the cold for now, judging by ME

Well they have been on the money all along :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

So Atlantic is back as from tommorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Can some of the experts tell me why some of us got Wet snow and some got the Dry powder like stuff? Has it something to do with the temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

missed the rte weather.whats forecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    How long have you known the ME receptionist and do you trust her?

A frosty reception-ist!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

everytime ME have said "snows a coming"....it failed
    and everytime they have said "thats all folks, no more white stuff for you".....they failed also

ME- fail masters of the weather goblin machines?

hope so. want more snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

A frosty reception-ist!!!

But with a sunny disposition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

heavy snow here in Limerick City. has been pretty much persistant all day.

Same here in West Limerick, I don't know what the weather forecast was on about when mentioning snow showers, apart from a brief lightening for 30 to 40 mins its been snowing continuously since 1030 this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

people on our local lake! 10 seconds after i took this pic a loud crack could be heard!

nifheorais wrote: »
    missed the rte weather.whats forecast?

If you like the thought of snow thawing, wet and windy weather off the atlantic, then you're in for a treat! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

mickger wrote: »
    Can some of the experts tell me why some of us got Wet snow and some got the Dry powder like stuff? Has it something to do with the temps?

Yes indeed Mick,

The powdery snow overnight came about when conditions were less marginal, DPs were lower as were temps. As the winds gradually picked up today & temperatures rose, the snow will have become more of the heavy, wet snow type.

Still though, I'm sure you are delighted to have seen some very decent snowfall.

SA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Tactical wrote: »
    Same here in West Limerick, I don't know what the weather forecast was on about when mentioning snow showers, apart from a brief lightening for 30 to 40 mins its been snowing continuously since 1030 this morning :D

Same as that!Has not stopped,And although it's not huge flakes or anything there's been alot of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

snaps wrote: »
    Yes can confirm it is raining here in Ballinrobe, Mayo. Also my heating isnt working upstairs, seems the valve that is controlled by the upstairs thermostat is'nt opening, so no heat upstairs.

Going to get drunk now, very drunk.

Waited all day for snow, watched the front get to Galway and sit there, now it is doing something, its RAINING.

Really sorry to hear that Snaps.

kegg wrote: »
    people on our local lake! 10 seconds after i took this pic a loud crack could be heard!

I doubth that crack was there brains kicking into gear, jackasses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Tactical wrote: »

Thats 8 hours of snow and it hardly gets a mention. If it happened in Dublin, rte would cancel all programmes and have live reports from outside the Dail by The Hat Cunningham.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement