Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

:(
    The temp is rising with me too! :( What part of Carlow are you in?

13925.jpg

Those temps are pretty marginal for snow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

kegg wrote: »
    people on our local lake! 10 seconds after i took this pic a loud crack could be heard!

:eek: dont they have brains?

Still snowing here thats nearly 7hours none stop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Davo D wrote: »
    Don't worry, Cork will get itself back in the news when it's under 20ft of water next week.

seems to be a bit of bitterness towards snow down south! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

janeybabe wrote: »
    Made the most of the snow.

This is snow lady before she got dressed.

snow005.jpg

This is snow lady after she put her skirt on. She couldn't find a bra or top to fit her because she recently had a boob job.

snow006.jpg

We had a bit of an...incident...with red food colouring which is why the ground is red.

It might have been better if you hadn't pointed that out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Drove Thurles-Shannon-Thurles today.

Snowing intermittently between Cashel, Golden, Tipp Town.
    Tipp Town to Limerick City, it was snowing and gradually got heavier going westward.
    Shannon had sleet.
    On the way back same story - except it was snowing here in Thurles until about 17.30hrs.

Roads were ok - except for Cashel where I witnessed an accident (not serious though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Snowing again steadily in Cork City:D!

wohoo LeahyL - not too heavy here at the moment just lightly falling. wonders will there be heavier bursts later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

leahyl wrote: »
    Snowing again steadily in Cork City:D!

LeahyL have you had the wet snow or the lovely powdery stuff today?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Heyes wrote: »
    Your neighbour needs to take down there christmas decorations, its after the 6th :D

A few house by me have turned the Christmas lights back on and RTE were playing Christmas music earlier.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Was snowing most of the day in parts of Offaly but there was alot of thawing also so not a lot stuck in places. I still have a fair bit here in Kilcormac. Was sleding a few hours ago in my parents, great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

oldmillgal wrote: »
    :(

Well I think you had a bit more snow over there today than we had in the town, I have an aunt living over there, she said it was snowing, that was about 3.30pm I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

hawker wrote: »
    Could anyone in the city let me know what the roads are like up there. Was considering travelling to work tommorrow provided the main roads are ok.

I wouldn't chance it.. I'am snowed in at the moment, so I can't actually say about the main roads, but it started alot earlier here than in East Cork. I can see a main road from the top of a hill nearby, and it is moving but slowly. If the roads are treated, you might be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Rain Rain go away, come back another day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Very light snow here, just outside Castlebar. Emphasis on 'light' though, not even showing on the cars, even though the temp reads 0 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

sleet here at the moment. As it gets late and colder might turn to snow

Snowaddict wrote: »
    Great pictures, I measured in two locations up on the very top hills, lying level snow of 8 inches, drifting is severe up at the top, through the fields. It's fantastic!

SA :)
    That wouldn't be all from today though would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dolliemix wrote: »
    It might have been better if you hadn't pointed that out! :eek:

It's better than having people questioning it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Davo D wrote: »
    Don't worry, Cork will get itself back in the news when it's under 20ft of water next week.

Then a housing estate in D4 will get flooded and it'll make Primetime and The Frontline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Heavy again here in East Cork. Prob heddin towards the City.

only very little snow and its misting rain now.....double sadness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

OMG... Now this is Global Warming !!!

icebergg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FINALLY!

light snow starting in longford

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

so schools here in dublin are opened tommorw except towns who had snow today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mickger wrote: »
    LeahyL have you had the wet snow or the lovely powdery stuff today?

well it has stayed on the ground so powdery?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Rain here, and all the lovely winter wonderland of last night is now a messy slush everywhere... Was good while it lasted..

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

sandyford turning more to snow, temp dodgy tho between 2.4 and 2.8. the precip is very light and intermittent even tho radar would suggest continuious?:confused: chance of fully turn to snow SA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

is this the end of the big freeze is tomorrow going to be fine after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

No snow here all afternoon, (cannot vouch for morning as had big lie in :D) but the wind is fairly lifting out there now! the sky is cloudly tonight, no stars but it's still high level clouds.

Been reading back and seen one reference to snow for northwest in early morning? is that right?

ayumi wrote: »
    so schools here in dublin are opened tommorw except towns who had snow today
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

oldmillgal wrote: »
    only very little snow and its misting rain now.....double sadness!

Sleet falling here now!! What a fupping let down, I was expecting today to be an epic snowfall!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Incredible how the temperatures have managed to stay so low in Cork all day. Truely the best snow event in Cork for years.
    (and I finally got to make that elusive monster snowman with the kids)

Temperatures on the rise though now.
    Was 30F (-1c) all day long but has jumped a half degree in each of the last 2 half hours and I expect sleet from now on.
    Roads will be bad in the morning regardless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement