Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Cian92 wrote: »
    The snow is getting heavier again here in Cork!

where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

smccarrick wrote: »
    Not all schools in Dublin are open- here in Lucan village only 2 of the 3 primary schools will be open. Boards of Management are eager to open if possible- as they have to make up the closed days elsewhere. Its already being speculated that the midterm breaks will be cancelled.

Feck that! Hope they don`t cancel our mid term...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

Schools are closed.
    ITs too short notice to open them.
    Some people have booked time off work to mind the kids or booked child minders.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Temps rising slightly now in cork, hopefully will remain at 1C at most.
    There will be a very rapid thaw tomorrow afternoon, but im hoping to see plenty more snow beforehand.
    Why most of the eastern side of Ireland only got rain today is a mystery
    It just goes to show that any snowfall in this country is a lottery at best.
    I mean we had a potent easterly, low 850's touching -8, thickness a bit borderline but ok, and a frozen Britain where the wind was blowing from.
    Also we had the ground under freezing temps for 3 weeks.

Snow still coming down here. But your right the temperature has risen slightly here also. from 0.3c all day to 0.8c now. Still well within the safe zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

smccarrick wrote: »
    Not all schools in Dublin are open- here in Lucan village only 2 of the 3 primary schools will be open. Boards of Management are eager to open if possible- as they have to make up the closed days elsewhere. Its already being speculated that the midterm breaks will be cancelled.

Trust me the days will not be made up, this is only bull****, due to rule 60 they can not do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

PLIIM wrote: »
    Schools are closed.
    ITs too short notice to open them.
    Some people have booked time off work to mind the kids or booked child minders.

Dept of education website will have any relevant info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Brother says there's steady drizzle out now.

This is D15.

If it's rain here then I wouldn't think there's much hope for the majority of Dublin, us being in one of the more westerly parts of the county. Southwest Dub maybe might have a better chance of snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

Just got this from a friend in Cork. Said you were all telling porkies. He took this photo near Inishannon this afternoon!

scan0001.jpg?t=1263152282

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Still snowing in Tralee and has been all day. No sign of it stopping!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Trust me the days will not be made up, this is only bull****, due to rule 60 they can not do this.

Rule 157 contradicts rule 60 though.

• Advertisement

where are you based?

Near Blarney/Tower out in the countryside though (sorry for staying so vague, but I like my anonymity) about 60m high aswell. The snow has not stopped since 11.30am.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Aye, listen Batt O'Keefe said the days will be made up so the days will be made up. Simple as.

Anyway, for those confused the education forums are probably your best bet for finding out the best info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Snowing in Rathdrum again but not sticking on the layers of lying snow we already have!. It snowed for hours here today aswell and didn't stick either, really weird to see big flakes and heavy snow and it doesn't stick to the cars!. Wonder how tomorrow and Tues fair for us though???. So hard to tell really.

DDigital wrote: »
    Just got this from a friend in Cork. Said you were all telling porkies. He took this photo near Inishannon this afternoon!

needs to update his jersey,still its never needed for too long in the summer months!

Near Blarney/Tower out in the countryside though (sorry for staying so vague, but I like my anonymity) about 60m high aswell. The snow has not stopped since 11.30am.

near mallow here - light at the moment. hoping to see another heavier burst from somewhere.

True, but holidays have been booked, and lots of teachers have worked these days already, cleaning up after burst pipes etc.

DDigital wrote: »

Wow, Eric Bristow follows the Dubs?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Constant snow here in Cobh all day nearly.Switching between light and heavy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Still bucketing down heavy snow here in Rochestown. There has been 5 cars crashed in our estate this evening already by idiots trying to drive down a very steep road to get to their houses instead of leaving their cars at the entrance to the estate. Muppets.

There is no way I will be getting my car out tomorrow...thank god for steep hills...snow day :-)

dave1982 wrote: »
    Constant snow here in Cobh all day nearly.Switching between light and heavy:D

amazing considerering your location!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

WHY is it not snowing in Galway City... at all?? Cause I'm here, or what? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

snowing in the isle of man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

any snow in limerick today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ludo wrote: »
    Still bucketing down heavy snow here in Rochestown. There has been 5 cars crashed in our estate this evening already by idiots trying to drive down a very steep road to get to their houses instead of leaving their cars at the entrance to the estate. Muppets.

There is no way I will be getting my car out tomorrow...thank god for steep hills...snow day :-)

And you said there would be no snow in Cork on the Cork forum last night:p!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

hasnt snowed in limerick city in a while.... are we finished with the snow for tonight????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Raining in ranalagh has been sprinkling for a while, definately the begining of the end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Still falling albeit lightly on northside of the city. Light snow better than no snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

according to ME, bbc & sky kilkenny and the surronding areas (clonmel, carlow, etc) over as far as wex to be snowy for the week. sorry cork, ur due rain by tuesday. dub....rain rain and more rain :(

lucky gits, if i was at home i'd have a snow bear family by now

hasnt snowed in limerick city in a while.... are we finished with the snow for tonight????:confused:

nah just a gap i'd say we had that earlier too near mallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

near mallow here - light at the moment. hoping to see another heavier burst from somewhere.

Im in mallow town,getting heavier now:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement