Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2k10..

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

For those who plan on attending! Have you got your ticket yet!? I was going to get mine in the earlybird but Id rather have an idea of who is playing first! Dont they usually announce some bands soon? I hope theres a good line up!!..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

They normally have one or two headliners announced before tickets go on sale. Hope to go myself in one form or another. <3 oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I went last year and will never go again... crap food, not enough good bands and waay too many unsavoury characters.

Electric Picnic ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Been thinking about it, dunno yet. Defo want to see who the hell is there before I properly consider it tbh. I'm not going for a feast of Lady Gaga and Lily Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

NIN wont get announced, nothing will make me as excited as that.

KOL probably wont be playing again, this excites me......>_>

I'll probably go.

C&H cans in a field meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

When do they announce the acts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It's usually annouced around March I think.

I most likely won't go for all of it, unless there are three class days. I'll consider going on one day though if it's really good.

I'm saving myself for Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Ya, sounds like a plan!

Would love john mayer to play.. Dont think this will happen though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Was hoping to go this year however most of the people who I wanted to go have made other "invite only plans" I'll probably pop by for a day or two though

Pygmalion wrote: »
    No thanks

Ah go on. Nothing more win than a festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Wanted to go last year, but none of my friends particularly wanted to. Couple of them have mentioned going this year, so might go yet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'd go to a festival if I thought I wouldn't hate the music and the people there (with a few exceptions to both).

Also WTF, do you really just lurk here this much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Not a hope...I can think of better things of spendin' €200 or however much it is on other than a weekend of rollin around in the muck...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Eh, this is Oxegen. If you want a festival that's made of win, you go to Europe, where you don't pay a bazillion euro for a ticket (granted for some pretty sweet music, though you get the same for half the price in Belgium and other places). You also pay way too much for crappy food. Also, this is Ireland, so it's bound to rain.
    Fook that.

I'm so tempted to go to Pukkle Pop in Belgium next year. They have a lot of the same bands as Oxegen, but it's way cheaper. The plane tickets would be a fair but, but it'd be an experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I've no monies to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I went for the last 2 years, but I probably won't be going this year. Unless the line-up's really amazing.

It's way overpriced tbh, and great as all as it was, MEH.

I got a free ticket last year, so if I can get my hands on one again this year I'll go, but I'd rather wait for the Picnic (which hopefully I'll get a free ticket for, *crosses fingers*) or perhaps go to Benicassim in Spain.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'd go to a festival if I thought I wouldn't hate the music and the people there (with a few exceptions to both).

Also WTF, do you really just lurk here this much?

Not as much as you might think. I'm not very active on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Went last year, had the best craic. I'm working at it this year so free ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

got my four day camping ticket in the early bird along with 5 other friends. when do they release the next set of tickets? the rest of my friends are hoping to get them, do they still sell 4day tickets after the early bird?

C&H meet up with cans ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

unless paramore are playing (they will most likely do reading) them im not going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Primavera has a pretty sweet line up this year. The Fall, Pixies, Pavement, King Khan, Wilco, Orbital, Mission of Burma and several others that I don't know but are well regarded.

I'm just gonna save for the local festivals and any possible Stooges / Leonard Cohen concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I won't be here for poxegen, but if any of ye shower end up in my garden I will not be amused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

banjopaul wrote: »
    I won't be here for poxegen, but if any of ye shower end up in my garden I will not be amused!

To be fair you're off to the Jungle.

Jungle>Oxgen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Muse are apparently nigh-on certanties to headline at some stage of the weekend. They'd be the only band in the world that'd make me ever consider going to Oxegen, and even then I'd need to be pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Craguls wrote: »
    To be fair you're off to the Jungle.

Jungle>Oxgen

True true, it'd have been nice to do both though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I've gone the last two years.. I shan't be gracing the fields of punchestown this year! Last year was far too wet for 250 smackerunies....I'm saving my monies for Australia.

kasabian are a definite headline btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

RHunce wrote: »
    kasabian are a definite headline btw

Class sig :D

• Advertisement

thanks! trent is the legend all boardsies have been waiting for :pac:

Advertisement