Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags = bullies !!

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Why is it the general consensus in Dublin to put up and shut up when it comes to scumbags ??

I was walking home this evening and make the mistake of answering back some local scum having a party in their front yard. In the end I was made out to be the pr!ck.

Then when I told the parents about it I was told I shouldn't say anything.

These little ****es (these were middle aged too) just do what they want because no one challenges them. Surely if everyone stuck up for themselves then this problem would slowly disappear.

BTW, I'm not the Citizen :rolleyes:, just an average joe minding my own business and going about my life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Most people are afraid not of a torrent of verbal abuse but more the possible knife or blood filled syringe that may be produced. Keep the head down and get on with things is my attitude. I don't care if that sounds cowardly,i'm into self preservation tbh.

If they say "are you getting smart" just quote some yeats or do algebra.
    Long words also confuse them.
    Works every time:pac:

Seriously, they are scum and have no place in society so just ignore them like they dont exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

I would have no trouble sticking up for myself. But I don't really get what you had to stick up for?

Why bother 'challenging' them? What were they doing that was so offensive to you, as you passed by and they were in their own front garden?
    Seriously, they are scum and have no place in society so just ignore them like they dont exist.

+1 Almost always the most sensible option, unless you are in physical danger.
    These little ****es (these were middle aged too) just do what they want because no one challenges them. Surely if everyone stuck up for themselves then this problem would slowly disappear.

Nope, it would have the opposite effect. These feckers thrive on drama. They are worse than teenage girls for it. They shout obnoxious things at people because they want to be challenged. They want a fight, physical or verbal. If everybody 'stuck up for themselves' it would only encourage them. And then everybody would be like them, getting into shouting matches on the public footpaths with people they barely knew - behaving, in other words, like scum. Far better to take the high road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

What exactly did they say to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Some good points there Popup

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ideally, A good smack in the chops will sort the little bastids.,

Walking away with your head down often spurs these eeijits on as they think they have the high ground and you are scared. they'll be happy to escalate it.

The fact that you did say something to them, and didnt get bashed for your troubles is kinda proof of how cowardly they usually are. If you didnt say anything they may have seen you as a more vunerable victim.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Never argue with a fool, people will not be able to tell the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

KTRIC wrote: »
    Surely if everyone stuck up for themselves then this problem would slowly disappear.
    The problem is, people like that only become mouthy fúckers when they safely outnumber their target (and they have an audience)... so standing up for yourself, while being the 'right' thing to do, has a chance of working out quite badly for you if things escalate.

+1 for self preservation
    But also +1 for being part of the problem

We need an option #3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Phase 1: Kill all scumbags.

Phase 2: ????

Phase 3: profit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Same thing happen to me and the guys coming from town a few weeks ago , A few scumbags were hanging around Temple Bar and followed us their was about 4 of them and three of us but we said we would keep walking but they continued and one shouted you southside **** i will cut your neck even tho he did not know where we lived so we shouted back you northside **** so one of the guys said **** this I'm not walking away so we all stood our ground and one of the scumbags came up and took a swing at one of the guys but missed and my mates a big rugby player and he decked him instead and left him on the ground and his scumbag friends ran away like girls and we all beat the head off the scumbag and I got 3 nice slaps in on him and my mate robbed his phone and threw it into the Liffey in front of him then we ran like hell in case the other guys came back with more scumbags

Stay in a gang and they are harmless, walk on your own and your asking for trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Everyone feels like billy big bollix in a group.
    I've often had run ins with gangs of scum,
    find them on a 1 on 1 basis and they will beg for you
    to stop. Although next time they are with the boyz
    you see the hard man again. Tell them you know their
    ma!! Saying you know thier da doesn't work, cause they usually
    don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Same thing happen to me and the guys coming from town a few weeks ago , A few scumbags were hanging around Temple Bar and followed us their was about 4 of them and three of us but we said we would keep walking but they continued and one shouted you southside **** i will cut your neck even tho he did not know where we lived so we shouted back you northside **** so one of the guys said **** this I'm not walking away so we all stood our ground and one of the scumbags came up and took a swing at one of the guys but missed and my mates a big rugby player and he decked him instead and left him on the ground and his scumbag friends ran away like girls and we all beat the head off the scumbag and I got 3 nice slaps in on him and my mate robbed his phone and threw it into the Liffey in front of him then we ran like hell in case the other guys came back with more scumbags

Stay in a gang and they are harmless, walk on your own and your asking for trouble

You and your friends were even worse than them. Seriously. Why stoop down to their level and act like bullies yourselves!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Dord wrote: »
    You and your friends were even worse than them. Seriously. Why stoop down to their level and act like bullies yourselves!?!

Ah come on. Scumbags got exactly what was coming to them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Kazooie wrote: »

Yeah maybe up to the point when the guy defended himself, but
    we all beat the head off the scumbag and I got 3 nice slaps in on him
    after he had been knocked to the ground, now that is called being a scumbag. Cowards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Kazooie wrote: »

So it was ok that a bit of verbal abuse ended up with one lad getting hopped on by three and his phone thrown in the liffey?

Now I see the need to protect yourself if you were attacked but according to yer mans post above they weren't attacked.

All i get from that story is,

2 gangs of knackers came together, the looser not only got the chops boxed in, but he got mugged aswell.,

Yeah maybe up to the point when the guy defended himself, but after he had been knocked to the ground, now that is called being a scumbag. Cowards.

What are you on about calling me a coward, a coward would have walked away we stood and fought and he got what he desirve a few much kicks would not have gone a stray for luck maybe he would not do it again

A guy was caught robbing a car up the road the other night the gaurds gave him a bit of the hard hand of the law and we seen nothing;) Are you calling them cowards too

So it was ok that a bit of verbal abuse ended up with one lad getting hopped on by three and his phone thrown in the liffey?

Now I see the need to protect yourself if you were attacked but according to yer mans post above they weren't attacked.

He took a swing at my mate , that's not very verbal to me , he messed with the wrong guy in a pink shirt that night the scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

he messed with the wrong guy in a pink shirt that night the scumbag

I think he might have been provoked somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Those who are not willing to fight will always be subjugated by those who are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Those who are not willing to fight will always be subjugated by those who are

Eh, bollocks they are.

'Subjugated'?? By some knackers? I don't think so. Let em shout 'southside ****' all they like (what, are your feelings hurt?). They are knackery looking scumbags. Jesus pity is all one can feel for gob****es like that.

My life and my self-esteem are decent enough not to get all bent out of shape because some scumbag has dropped out of society and wants some company in the underclass that thinks it's acceptable to scream, fight, and rob peoples' phones on the street. It isn't, and nothing they shout is going to convince me that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

He took a swing at my mate , that's not very verbal to me , he messed with the wrong guy in a pink shirt that night the scumbag

Are you for real? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

KTRIC wrote: »
    Then when I told the parents about it I was told I shouldn't say anything.
    I say you should come back with 2 Molotovs, throw them in the middle of the junkyard and calmly walk away. The only way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

dunno who the bigger pussys are! not the first time posh boys gang up on one person and kick the **** out him!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Seriously, you are worse then him. You and your friends are by far the bigger scumbags. The guy might have started it, but the fact that yous didn't walk away after the first punch or whatever and all beat him up AND mugged him(what was even the point of that?) just shows your a complete scumbag, what the fuck like?

You guys are cowards. The fact you that you ran away at the end proves it.

what are you on about you swine, the guy is a scumbag how cares about him he made the decision to take a swing at my mate and he paid the price full stop!

We threw his phone into the canal to show him what it is like to be on the opposite end of a mugging, and lose something

Its people like you who have the justice system ****ed up , with your slap on the wrist attitude, 'O he has human rights bull****
    No wonder the crime rate is so high in Ireland your to soft beat them and beat them hard like in China thats the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Mr.S wrote: »
    ugged and beat up a single guy. When there was no need for it.
    They've just turned the situation 180 degrees. Can't see anything wrong with that.

If he wasn't out numbered, would you have been as quick to get your few slaps in?
    why was your rugby mate not sufficient in fighting off the threat?

coz you lot just wanted to give someone a kickin, just like most of the scum out there. the only difference between you and him is nike/dubes and henry Lloyd stripey/Leinster Jersey.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

what are you on about you swine, the guy is a scumbag how cares about him he made the decision to take a swing at my mate and he paid the price full stop!

We threw his phone into the canal to show him what it is like to be on the opposite end of a mugging, and lose something

Its people like you who have the justice system ****ed up , with your slap on the wrist attitude, 'O he has human rights bull****
    No wonder the crime rate is so high in Ireland your to soft beat them and beat them hard like in China thats the way to go.

Ok just make sure you and your superhero mates don't wear your pink shirts when you're goin into the Joy :D

Mrs you way out of your league here the guy was a scumbag that's what scumbags do they rob people get over it and be lucky no scumbags have robbed you

WE gave him a jolly good trimming big deal, if your so concerned for his welfare look for him and may sure the he is alright and his scumbag rights have not been Violante

Anyway we could have saved innocent peoples lives by taking him out of action for a few days i'm proud of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

WE gave him a jolly good trimming...

This HAS to be a piss take.
    Anyway we could have saved innocent peoples lives by taking him out of action for a few days i'm proud of that

:D:D:D

Advertisement