Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags = bullies !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

how about new site called

skob.ie

and all this type of discussion could be quarantined therein.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

tougher sentences/consequences for offenders.
    the odd beating might help also

Why stop there? We should torture these degenerate animals until their last gasp of life blood eludes them. We shall have no mercy, no quarter, no repentance for these base manifestations of all mankinds most Hobbesian of qualities. Damn them all to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Won't somebody please think of the children!?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

what do you suggest we would do denerick, or cant you see a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Shocking smell of lies/p1sstake off this thread. Major troll job, cant believe how many responses it got.

• Advertisement

I remember the last time I was jumped by some scumbags.

Of course I, we, were outnumbered about 10 to 2, so there was no happy ending.

That wasn't the best of birthdays..

what do you suggest we would do denerick, or cant you see a problem

There has always been criminals, throughout the history of the world. Tougher sentances etc. has been proven to be ineffective. In fact, for all my bluster, only radically extreme penalties seem to have any effect whatsoever (A la, the case of Singapore)

Compare Dublin mid 18th century to modern Dublin. We're a pack of pansy's compared to them. In every generation, without fail, there has been a significant portion of the population who like to sit back in front of the fire lamenting the loss of the 'good old days' when 'people behaved dacently'. Their mythologised version of the past tended to overlook groups like the corner boys (Rural thugs), Whiteboys, Defenders, Ribbonmen etc. Armed murderous gangs by any other name. Crime is an historical constant, there is no point in thinking our generation is some kind of exception. I think the way most people view 'scangers' is too funny to take it seriously, and hence requires ridicule, not reasoned argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hey guys I'm kind of worried.

The Blackrock guys haven't posted in a while. Do you think soemthing has happened to them? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Denerick wrote: »
    Tougher sentances etc. has been proven to be ineffective.

How is that in any way true?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

so how do you view scangers? mates?

• Advertisement

karlog wrote: »
    How is that in any way true?

Did Victorian Britain see any significant drop in crime, just because it had obscene punishments? Or are there deeper causes that cause crime? The best we can do is do our best to prevent it. And that takes more than simply throwing young people into what are, in effect, universities for their particularly focused skills.

so how do you view scangers? mates?

If you're on about the people we see, hanging around corners shouting abuse, then I think they're scum.

But the problem is plastering an entire group of people (IE, anyone born in the inner city) a 'scanger'. I'm sure plenty of these people are the best. I don't consider criminals my mates, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rate thread: 5 stars, Excellent. Great job guys and girls. :pac:

But the problem is plastering an entire group of people (IE, anyone born in the inner city) a 'scanger'. I'm sure plenty of these people are the best. I don't consider criminals my mates, no.

Anyone born in the inner city, that's a quite prejudice remark against people from the inner city, why not people from the north side? or south side? or west dublin?

I know that you didn't mean to be prejudice. I know a fair few people from the inner city and they are certainly not scangers. They might have thick Dublin accents and have been raised in flats, but everyone starts somewhere.

Did Victorian Britain see any significant drop in crime, just because it had obscene punishments? Or are there deeper causes that cause crime? The best we can do is do our best to prevent it. And that takes more than simply throwing young people into what are, in effect, universities for their particularly focused skills.

Victorian Britain is completely different compared to the Britain of today. People were extremely desperate back in those times and many had reasons to commit crimes regardless of the punishment. How can you compare that to today with social welfare and everything.

dolliemix wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm kind of worried.

The Blackrock guys haven't posted in a while. Do you think soemthing has happened to them? :eek:

I'm also worried, I hope they haven't been accosted by a bunch of scangers again.
    Knowing that they play rugby, there is a possiblity that they could kill them with a single slap of their manly Ross O'Carroll Kelly style hands.
    Roysh, cause that would be loike totally a total mare.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I'm also worried, I hope they haven't been accosted by a bunch of scangers again.
    Knowing that they play rugby, there is a possiblity that they could kill them with a single slap of their manly Ross O'Carroll Kelly style hands.
    Roysh, cause that would be loike totally a total mare.

I've been scanning all the news sites and nothing yet.....

Guys please let us know that you're safe

karlog wrote: »
    Victorian Britain is completely different compared to the Britain of today. People were extremely desperate back in those times and many had reasons to commit crimes regardless of the punishment. How can you compare that to today with social welfare and everything.

Thats simply not the case. Drug abuse (Which outweighs the benefits of social welfare) is much greater now than it was then, for example (And more expensive) There's load of causes. I'm merely pointing out that the hysteria for crime nowadays is just that, its hysteria, and its been proven in many places (Such as the US) that ridiculous legal concepts like 'mandatory minimums' do not prevent crime. Tough punishments does not necessarily reduce crime. Time and time and time again this has been proven to be the case. And our present crime rates aren't even that bad, comparitive with other era's.

Thats simply not the case. Drug abuse (Which outweighs the benefits of social welfare) is much greater now than it was then, for example (And more expensive) There's load of causes. I'm merely pointing out that the hysteria for crime nowadays is just that, its hysteria, and its been proven in many places (Such as the US) that ridiculous legal concepts like 'mandatory minimums' do not prevent crime. Tough punishments does not necessarily reduce crime. Time and time and time again this has been proven to be the case. And our present crime rates aren't even that bad, comparitive with other era's.

Sometimes tough punishments do work. For example, when a heroin epidemic threatened Japan a law was passed that provided for harsh handling of both pushers and addicts. Mere possession of heroine could mean several years in jail. The government also required that every user caught be confined for at least 30 days of treatment. Heroin use in Japan has been virtually eliminated because of this.

I wouldn't call the heroine problem in Ireland a serious one, so a tough punishment wouldn't be used am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

While obviously your man is out to wind people up, he does raise a pretty contentious issue. Interesting to see that support for what he "did" is at about 50/50.

In a way it is pretty similar to the Padraig Nally case. I for one having witnessed first hand scumbags like the one described not getting punished by our judicial system, think its about time someone gave them a taste of their own medicine. BY following and intimidating the group and then throwing the first punch in my book he immediately deserves whatever he gets! Fail to see how others think any different.... Same people who would have put Nally in jail for life?

• Advertisement

Was Padraig Nally not on his own and they tried to break into his house?

Totally different circumstances

It's not that I don't think that some scanger who starts crap doesn't deserve a few slaps but I don't think that they deserve to have the crap kicked out of them by three guys and then have their phone stolen.

The three guys should know better, the scanger is obviously not the brightest person.
    To be honest I pity scangers somewhat, they are basically just working their way to the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

D.R cowboy wrote:
    We threw his phone in the Liffey
    D.R cowboy wrote:
    We threw his phone in the canal
    DNFTT

Not your ornery onager

Was Padraig Nally not on his own and they tried to break into his house?

Totally different circumstances

Factually yes! But in terms of the circumstances, basically someone completely over reacting in self-defence!

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    It's not that I don't think that some scanger who starts crap doesn't deserve a few slaps but I don't think that they deserve to have the crap kicked out of them by three guys and then have their phone stolen.

The three guys should know better, the scanger is obviously not the brightest person.
    To be honest I pity scangers somewhat, they are basically just working their way to the bottom.

I agree with you. And the Blackrock guy did say at one point that the scanger they beat up was strung out on drugs.

They weren't protecting or defending themselves at that point it was just pure evil aggression. They could have killed the guy. I can't believe that people would glorify that kind of behaviour

I agree with you. And the Blackrock guy did say at one point that the scanger they beat up was strung out on drugs.

They weren't protecting or defending themselves at that point it was just pure evil aggression. They could have killed the guy. I can't believe that people would glorify that kind of behaviour

I can't believe anyone is taking it seriously. It didn't happen. That guy doesn't exist. He's an invented internet persona by some wiseguy in the midlands I'd bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

ha I hope that he isn't real...on the other hand,it would be great if something like that did happen(maybe a little tamer though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I can't believe anyone is taking it seriously. It didn't happen. That guy doesn't exist. He's an invented internet persona by some wiseguy in the midlands I'd bet.
    Now I don't believe in nothin' no more. :(

OK didn't see the part about the guy being out of it on drugs... but what would have happened if he had been reported!? Absolutely nothing! And maybe just maybe next time you are walking down o'connell street with your friends this guy off his face on drugs will think twice about following and attacking you! I know it is not ideal but unfortunately on a personal level it is the only way to deal with these people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

ah man! this guy was on pills he was not some half asleep drunk he had more fight in him than anyone not on narcotics I would love to have seen your reaction when your not behind a computer being a key bored gangster:rolleyes: things happen in the real world you know!!

We only gave him a few slaps, we did not leave him for dead or anything relax will you gandhi

Advertisement