Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy to Gorey area reports?

Options
  • 10-01-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Any info to share about the Enniscorthy to Gorey area? Roads, frozen pipes, depth of snow? etc?

We are in sunny (but c-c-c-cold -2 to -5.5 lows, 1-2degC during day) north Florida and missing all the snow. Not a flake here. Trying to keep up, but there seems to be a dearth of info about Enniscorthy to Gorey except on AA Roadwatch.

Anyone taking photos in the area?? Saw the ones from Snowshoe Sam on Jan 1. Beautiful, but not sure where they were.

Ferns and Camolin would be of particular interest :-)

I hope it isnt' all gone by the 13th when we return, but hope we can get to Dublin, then get from Dublin to Wexford and find that our pipes aren't burst, etc. I knew this would happen (real snow!), just because we aren't there!

Ban

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Looking towards Askamore from Cummer, Monaseed.

qq4ody.jpg

Looking towards Mount Leinster.

282git2.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

2hedgcl.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Ferns exit off the N11 has been scary.. Reports of burst pipes in Oulart... Ballinoulart was bad on Wed......

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Thank you, both.

Greysides, your photos are stunning. What day(s) were they taken? Why are you not sharing them on the photo page?!?? ;)

My landlord is running water at my house, so I hope that keeps both the pump AND the pipes in my house from freezing. Plus we left the heat set to go on for a short bit early every morning. Fingers crossed. Sure wouldn't appreciate water dripping all over the house if frozen pipes were to thaw and reveal cracks. arghhhhhh.

We're taking Wexford Bus from the airport. I have a feeling they are being extra cautious since the very unfortunate roundabout accident. Hope my little car hasn't frozen to death. Landlord has been starting it though, so I think it will be ok.

Any further updates on local area conditions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for info. Eager to see what transpires tomorrow.

Ban (at the beach)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Any info to share about the Enniscorthy to Gorey area? Roads, frozen pipes, depth of snow? etc?

We are in sunny (but c-c-c-cold -2 to -5.5 lows, 1-2degC during day) north Florida and missing all the snow. Not a flake here. Trying to keep up, but there seems to be a dearth of info about Enniscorthy to Gorey except on AA Roadwatch.

Anyone taking photos in the area?? Saw the ones from Snowshoe Sam on Jan 1. Beautiful, but not sure where they were.

Ferns and Camolin would be of particular interest :-)

I hope it isnt' all gone by the 13th when we return, but hope we can get to Dublin, then get from Dublin to Wexford and find that our pipes aren't burst, etc. I knew this would happen (real snow!), just because we aren't there!

Ban

Hi Banished-She,

I took the photos around the Shillelagh/Coolattin area, which in general had a good bit more snow than Wexford. It was a real winter wonderland! :)

Although I was in Camolin on Thursday last, and there was definitely a few inches.

A lot has thawed at this stage though, especially in towns but there is still a couple of inches lying once you get out of the most well travelled areas.

Enjoy Florida!

Sam

• Advertisement

BS,

(Love those initials...:D:D)

First two photos were hot out of the cooker. Last one on New Year's Day.

Haven't been out today but the snow of yesterday is the slush of today and the ice of tomorrow morning. Very, very, light snow throughout the afternoon which amounted to absolutely nothing in the face of the thaw. Now comes the hard bit............:(

Adam Grant

Advertisement