Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Council Water Mains Frozen

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Anybody got updates on frozen water mains in Mayfield area. These are Cork City Council NOT private.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

TXCork wrote: »
    Anybody got updates on frozen water mains in Mayfield area. These are Cork City Council NOT private.

Dont know about your area but there has been rumours around togher that the waters going to be turned off cause a pile of pipes have burst up at the water tower on the hill.
    Dont know how true it is but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

im in ballyvolane and my neighbours are saying water will be turned off from 8pm until 8 am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm in Friars Walk and have heard water might be going off too.Our water has gone brownish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I'm not far from Friars Walk & my water looks fine, nothing on the council website about water being turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm in Friars Walk and have heard water might be going off too.Our water has gone brownish too.

we had brownish water at around the same time as you yesterday (18:00), tap was running clear water again after a hour or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

we had brownish water at around the same time as you yesterday (18:00), tap was running clear water again after a hour or two.

Ya,it seemed to only be brownish for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicolacork

My cold water seems to be gone in Greenmount. Its a bare drip and its very brown. Is this going to last long does anyone know? Should I be running out and buying water?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I heard today that they have lowered the water pressure to conserve water.. Don't know if it's true..

Also heard they are turning off the electricity tonight for an hour or something tonight. Anyone know anything of this rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

NoDice wrote: »
    I heard today that they have lowered the water pressure to conserve water.. Don't know if it's true..

Also heard they are turning off the electricity tonight for an hour or something tonight. Anyone know anything of this rumour?

There is no shortage of electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicolacork

If there was a planned electricity outage it would be during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

Feast or a famine, no water today and floods tomorrow. They are working on it though. Alot of pipes should be renewed from this.

Advertisement