Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

METEOR AWARDS 2010

• 10-01-2010 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

So who do you think will the National and Regional DJ awards 2010? Nominations below!

Best Radio DJ - National
    • Ian Dempsey - Today FM
    • Damien Farrelly - 2FM
    • Tony Fenton - Today FM
    • Ray Foley - Today FM
    • Larry Gogan - 2FM
    • Dan Hegarty - 2FM
    Radio DJ - Regional
    • Leigh Doyle - BEAT
    • Jim & Niamh - FM 104
    • KC & Lenny - Red FM
    • Michelle McMahon - Spin SW
    • Jon Richards - Galway Bay FM
    • Shona Ryan - Spin 1038

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's a text vote driven award so I can't see there being any question of Foley winning Best National DJ. Again. Simply put, none of the others have as big a fan base who will blindly obey the constant begging for votes he's going to carry on with for the next while.

By a similar rationale, I'd say probably Jim & Niamh for best regional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Yeah, it's not an industry award, or even a peer award, it's an award for whoever's best at separating slightly sad, lonely, gullible people from their phone credit.

I'm assuming there'll be "absolutely hilarious" facebook campaigns and "wacky" on-air pronouncements from the usual suspects, all done "for a laugh".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

How on earth did jim and niamh get nominated, they should be in the worst regional dj's category.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

I`m finding hard to come to terms with the fact Ray Foley has won not one but two of these awards:eek:
    He has to be by far the worst dj I have ever ever heard.

And as for begging for people to vote for him that would ony encourage me to vote for each of his rivals each time he asks, thats if i could be arsed of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DaForceCork

Funny how it is the same list of names shortlisted every year!

Considering there has been new regional stations on air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭dixierip

Its a very poor show. Full of cliches and over the top wackiness.
    I often despair when thinking who actually enjoys such drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Since when are Galway Bay FM and Dublin's FM104 "regional" ????

I thought they were "locals" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Why don't they list all the DJ's and let the public decide?
    I'm surprised no one from i102 got a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one from i102 got a mention.
    Seriously? i102 should be off the air only show that is remotely listinable is ferg and pete and they are getting dire of late, the mornings i can't stand her, then the fella on till lunch time is to put it mildly an ar$ehole, dave is a total noob gets his kick from making people cry on air ie. phoning someone saying their spouse is dead, the irish one is to hard to follow either speak gaelige or english in between is just annoying, and then that drivle italk is just a woman who loves to hear her own voice all the time.

anyways back on topic , foley will prob win, not because he is best but because he has the most impressionable following, he is good from time to time but is mostly just ripping off other DJ's like moyles and pretty much every day he rips off mark and lard.......sigh mark and lard, god they were class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well Homer, the listenership figures seem to suggest that i102104 are doing something right. I agree though that they should break the DJ categories into Local, regional and national or drop the regional category altogether as the voters can't make a fair vote without hearing the others which is impossible with out some considerable effort on the voters part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

I`m finding hard to come to terms with the fact Ray Foley has won not one but two of these awards:eek:
    He has to be by far the worst dj I have ever ever heard.

Totally agree, god I can't stand him!! Can you vote online, could not be arsed wasting my credit but if it was online I would do it for his rivals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Foley will be prostituting himself for votes for the next month. Again. Yawn.

Worst presenter ever to get a gig with a national station. Tyring to do what Chris Evans was doing 15 years ago. Or what Chris Moyles was dong in the last decade and doing it badly. And it wasn't even funny the first time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

emcc wrote: »
    Foley will be prostituting himself for votes for the next month. Again. Yawn.

Worst presenter ever to get a gig with a national station. Tyring to do what Chris Evans was doing 15 years ago. Or what Chris Moyles was dong in the last decade and doing it badly. And it wasn't even funny the first time round.

Seems he might be reading these as he says he knows people are tired of them begging for votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Seriously? i102 should be off the air only show that is remotely listinable is ferg and pete and they are getting dire of late, the mornings i can't stand her, then the fella on till lunch time is to put it mildly an ar$ehole, dave is a total noob gets his kick from making people cry on air ie. phoning someone saying their spouse is dead, the irish one is to hard to follow either speak gaelige or english in between is just annoying, and then that drivle italk is just a woman who loves to hear her own voice all the time.

anyways back on topic , foley will prob win, not because he is best but because he has the most impressionable following, he is good from time to time but is mostly just ripping off other DJ's like moyles and pretty much every day he rips off mark and lard.......sigh mark and lard, god they were class!

Compared to Ocean fm i102 are great.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I think what some people don't like about foley is that he speaks his mind and they just have a bit of banter. Its something you don't find on alot of other stations. Alot of djs just stick to the script and roll out the hits. I think there's a good balance of chat and music on the foley show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Best Radio DJ - National
    • Ian Dempsey - Today FM
    • Damien Farrelly - 2FM
    • Tony Fenton - Today FM
    • Ray Foley - Today FM
    • Larry Gogan - 2FM
    • Dan Hegarty - 2FM

Radio DJ - Regional
    • Leigh Doyle - BEAT
    • Jim & Niamh - FM 104
    • KC & Lenny - Red FM
    • Shona Ryan - Spin 1038

There ya have it!!!!

Oh and are you ****in kiddin me?:
    Best Radio DJ - National
    • Ian Dempsey - Today FM
    • Damien Farrelly - 2FM
    • Tony Fenton - Today FM
    • Ray Foley - Today FM
    • Larry Gogan - 2FM
    • Dan Hegarty - 2FM

Radio DJ - Regional

• Leigh Doyle - BEAT
    • Jim & Niamh - FM 104
    • KC & Lenny - Red FM
    • Shona Ryan - Spin 1038

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Chris Evans was doing 15 years ago. Or what Chris Moyles was dong in the last decade
    So what? It's a small minority of people in ireland that was listening to the evans and moyles back then. Even if foley is ripping them off,the listenership figures don't lie,a lot of people like it.
    Foley ftw:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

So the winners were Ray Foley and Leigh Doyle , no real surprises in the national dj section.

Advertisement