Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Cold Snap WAS forecast in 2001

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Any of you interested in longterm weather forecasts check out the link below about an Irish bid for the winter olympics in 2026 - centered around Mayo - and forewarning of this extreme cold in the Irish independent in 2001.

I remember reading this website several years ago about the West of Ireland getting the winter olympics and people skiing down Croagh Patrick.

Could this be coming to fruition??? :confused::eek::confused::eek:

Seems like a Mayo man beat the Donegal Postman, Joe Bastardi and Ken to the mark!!!:cool:

http://www.winterolympics2026.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Does that mean they have given up on getting the Sam Maguire?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP it is simmply not possible to predict the weather 9 years in advance. Essentially he made a wild guess and got it right, same as it he bet on a horse. Nothing remarkable about this. Frankly it worries me that people can be so naive as to think it could be predicted even two weeks in advance. Are people really that stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Joe Public wrote: »

No... after tiring of winning it twice in the 50's we just thought we'd give Kildare a chance seeing as 1928 was the last time they accidently won it against the Cavan ladies teams. :p

As for the winter olympics, lthe 'Lillywhites' will be used as temporary snow, should it be thin on the ground. ;)

Confab wrote: »
    OP it is simmply not possible to predict the weather 9 years in advance. Essentially he made a wild guess and got it right, same as it he bet on a horse. Nothing remarkable about this. Frankly it worries me that people can be so naive as to think it could be predicted even two weeks in advance. Are people really that stupid?

Are you seriously suggesting that d Mayo man didn't genuinely forecast this event Confab??? :confused: I take it this is ALL down to Dublin bias of course???

You'll see, when we have the winter Olympics in the West! :p

Jeez, talk about being sceptical! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

lol what the hell , someone went to a lot of effort on that olympics page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hehe - maybe I should change my username to MayoForSnow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Hehe - maybe I should change my username to MayoForSnow :D

Yes, and will shorten your odds considerably:cool:

Has anyone contacted the Jamaican bobsleigh team?:)

Has anyone contacted the Jamaican bobsleigh team?:)

Yeah, they said they were looking forward to meeting Bob Marley's ancestor on Clare Island... Bob O'Malley. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

yeah right, this is our year, I can feel it in me waters, icy cold though they may be....

And if it isn't, then it's definitely the year after, but definitely before the winter olympics of 2026.

Advertisement