Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with a stray sick cat

Options
  • 10-01-2010 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

hi,we found a stray cat shivering in the snow..in fact it looks near death.as we could not leave it there we brought it home and now have no where to keep it.we already have a cat that is distressed at another cat in the house plus ispca wont take it till monday.when i rang the emergency vet i was told would have to pay 87 euro..i would pay anything for an animal but i just havent got it any ideas who or where i could ring..i cant just put it out to die even though we think it may be blind and may have been hit by a car..thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Take it to the vet - you already said the emergency vet would charge 87 euro and you'd pay anything for an animal. You don't really have another choice. If it isn't salvageable, it needs to be PTS humanely instead of left to suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP can you give more details on the cat's condition and we might be able to help a bit more. Keep the cat good and warm for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

what area are you in OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Any update ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

the poor thing died during the night..well at least it was given abit of comfort in its last hours..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Poor mite.
    Good on ye for giving it some care & warmth though

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Sad news, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Fair play to you for giving the animal a warm place to pass away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh that is a shame but perhaps twas her time...At least she got a bit of comfort and love before...Yer very good

Advertisement