Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty On Veteran

• 10-01-2010 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Basically which one do people feel was the hardest Call Of Duty Game to complete on veteran difficulty??

Personally i think COD4 was the hardest but thats just my opinion ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

COD4 had a couple of very tough sections but overall WaW was harder thanks to the grenade spam Treyarch used to toughen it up but harder again was COD2. A God awful slog of respawning enemies that seemed to go on forever. MW2 was a walk in the park compared to the rest. Didnt bother trying to do COD3 as I didnt like it at all on normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I thought waw was the harder of them all. I still haven't complete it beause I was spending hours doing some of the missions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

COD 2 was the hardest for me , I'm not including COD 3 and 5 as I did not hold onto them long enough .

MW 2 was the easiest to complete on veteran for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

WaW, Heart of the Reich was the most infuriating level on veteran I've ever played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

im going with Call of duty 4, the level on azbakerstan (SP?) and the one in the television station where wreck the head! im including cod2 3 and WaW in this btw :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

COD 4 , 2 levels: one shot one kill and heat.... god almighty nearly threw 2 controllers through the tv on those levels....

MW2 was really easy on veteran...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Pretty much agree with most posters... WaW was definitely the hardest, MW2 seems to be pretty easy on Veteran although Mile High on COD4 is a b1tch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea of the one I've tried I've complete COD 4 and MW2. WAW is so infuriating and quite unfair in some places. 5 grenades landing around you so you fall back and then more grenades there is just not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Have to throw WAW in there as the hardest. I actually think you cannot get through that middle section of HOTR with skill. Part of it involves running for your life and hoping you get to a certain point without dying

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

in terms of hardest mission i think the one where you have to get down the hill in COD4 is probably one of the hardest as was the mission where you had to get into the control room

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't played MW2 on veteran yet. But COD2 had me throwing my controller across the room in frustration (one of the downsides of wireless). I mostly breezed through COD4, with the exception of the last level.

Never bothered with COD3 or WAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Am I the only one who thinks they were all complete rape? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

WAW was the hardest simply because the AI just grenade spam, entering the Reichstag is ridiculous and head wrecking. COD2 was I have never completed on vetern, got stuck on that Hill 400 mission.

MW was okish

MW2 was the easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Jev/N wrote: »
    Pretty much agree with most posters... WaW was definitely the hardest, MW2 seems to be pretty easy on Veteran although Mile High on COD4 is a b1tch!

oddly enough i finished MHC on vet after about a half hour, but still cant even get past the opening street sections of 'charlie dont surf' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

waw has probably the hardest over all , cod 4 was easy , mw2 was a walk in the park(spec ops very good nice little challange)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Jev/N wrote: »
    ........ although Mile High on COD4 is a b1tch!

That's the only part I haven't been able to get past. Gonna give it another go after I play MW2 I think.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been stuck for 2 weeks on the level in COD4 where you have to get from the barn to the bottom of the hill to be extracted. Have thrown the controller across the room several times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Best advice...leg it. Call in an airstrike on the fields and move through them. Call in one on the road in front of you and then leg it. Been a couple of years since I did it but I remember the time left you little option but to leg it once you left the barn area.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bucks73 wrote: »
    Best advice...leg it. Call in an airstrike on the fields and move through them. Call in one on the road in front of you and then leg it. Been a couple of years since I did it but I remember the time left you little option but to leg it once you left the barn area.

Yea i've been tryin that but they just seem to respawn too quickly. I was in view of the chopper once, nearly flipped i did haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

WaW was the hardest, purely because it's kinda hard to avoid 20 grenades thrown at you.

COD4 was pretty hard. The Fairground and that level when you have to run across two fields and down a hill to the chopper was taxing on my controller.

COD: MW2 was a breeze. No part of it was sticky at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Call of Duty 3 without a doubt

Mile high club was tough though......

Advertisement