Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Cant find a good direction

Options
  • 10-01-2010 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

What to do! I'm at just about 2mill SP at the moment, I'm amarr and I haven't got a bloody clue what to do with myself! My corp is fairly small and somewhat inactive, they are organising some WH Ops, mainly for C5 sleeper sites. I wanted to just probe around and scout for them but they seem to need more BSes... now I know I'm only new but a 2mill SP char shouldn't be trying to train for a shield tanking abaddon fit for PVE against sleepers in pvp heaven..

I sell plexes the odd time so I'm in no real hurry to get my hands on isk(this is probably the reason for my problem, if I had no isk I would be doing missions etc).

I cant see myself doing any good in a BS so I was thinking about maybe going for a stealth bomber and pirating about nullsec/WH space? Everywhere I look its 30 days+ training to go do ANYTHING with my corp where I wont be holding them back... Whats a new guy to do? Just run missions/mine until I get a better grasp of the game? opinions and advice very welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have you given Faction Warfare a go? You dont really need any skillpoints, and its a good way to dip your hands into PvP, without much risk. Sounds like you need a more active corp as well, that actually does stuff. You just need to pick something you like (PvP, Mission running, Wormholes etc...) and start doing them.

Also, i wouldnt recommend flying a BS at 2 million skillpoints. When i started, i definitely had the 'get into a bigger ship asap' mentality, and got a Megathron as soon as i could fly one. While i could technically fly it, i couldnt even come close to doing it justice. Stick with Cruisers for the time being, then move onto a BC till your comfortable with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

dude your nowhere near sleeper sites

my advice would be to help out in other ways salvage etc

i wouldnt even dream about sleeper sites unless there were 10 battleships to do it

but will be doing them soon with an officer fitted kronos and three other Marauders

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Meh can go kill sleepers with a handful of drakes tbh You dont need officer fit marauders :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Meh can go kill sleepers with a handful of drakes tbh You dont need officer fit marauders

didnt say you couldnt do sleeper sites with drakes

but i rather bring a isk making machine with me

lol a drake :rolleyes: damn them missile boats are boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JoeDante

Personally I think a bit of poverty at the start of the game is good, you get some prespective on things. Being loaded at the early stages probably means up to good quality level 3 missions seems like a waste of time.

maybe a bot of PVP to blow up a few ships and hit your wallet ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement