Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MW2 Spec Ops

• 10-01-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Has anyone completed the final spec ops mission on veteran? Myself and my cousin spent about 2 days trying to kill those 15 juggernauts on the oil rig. I think the furthest we got was killing 10.

Any tips for anyone that has completed it? I hate Juggerauts:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

This mission is very easy on Coop, especially when compared to the one before it in the Favela.
    When you first exit the under belly of the Oilrig and are on the first platform you can find some scaffolding which overlooks a long stretch where you would normally proceed through in the SP campaign. On the scaffolding, you will find a Barret .50cal sniper rifle.
    Prone down on the scaffolding where you can look all the way down the platform and see the fence up ahead.
    Your Coop partner becomes "the puller". Send him/her off to find the Juggernauts and run back to you. Five bullets from the Barret and each one will drop.

Rinse and repeat until all are dead. Very easy, but time consuming. Roughly 15-20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I've done this on Hardened on my own, just haven't had the time for Veteran yet....all you do is plant a couple of claymores going up steps to the point where you start Wet Work (where the ammo box is). Have a flashbang ready to throw all the way up to there in case there is a juggernaut coming down before your reach the camping spot.

Then just wait for the gongs signaling their arrival, flash them and take them out with the Barrett .50 Cal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just as the lads say. Get up on that platform and its easy street with two. On your own they may come a bit quick later on and get up the ladder to you but with two keeping and eye on the entrance its simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea this one was a piece of cake compared to the one with just explosives and knives. One person using the .50cal and one person with the dragunov and these guys will drop fairly easily. I didn't complete this at the scaffold bit but at the next long stretch section. Like the lads say, one person moves forward to draw out the juggernauts while the other hangs back and kills em. Easy street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

yeah just go up the first staires and wait , 50.cal and lmg works a treat .I finished them all on vet hardest one i found was snatch and grab.
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Did this solo on my first attempt on veteran using the barret sniper on the platform technique. One or two of them made it up the ladder but I just switched to my m240 and mowed them down. Took under 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

You guys make it sounds so easy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

I never tried this method, what I did (solo) was legged it to the very top of the Oil Rig, through the last hostage building and out to the helipad. There I hid behind a forklift and waited. Cake. :D They all just ran straight into my .50 Col. Simples *squeak* ;)

~RS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Is it possible to leg it all the way to the top without getting killed by those fcukers!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

Is it possible to leg it all the way to the top without getting killed by those fcukers!

Yep :D
    You generally meet:
    1 when you first get out into the open
    1 when you reach the part where the Little Bird attacks you in campaign
    1 coming down/at the top of the last stairs

Then just run through the far building and to the right, and bam. Fairly easy once you get to that point.

~RS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i was so determined to beat those two juggernaut levels.. Took a load of tries but i beat the two of them.. Rock hard but balls to the wall excitement when you have a few chasing you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

"Balls to the wall excitement"

The funniest phrase I've heard all day :)

Advertisement