Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just When I Could Stand Lewis, He Does This

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

So he "blew him away" by finishing on the same points as him but beating him on a countback of second places. "No-one has ever come into their first year and been at the front", guess he's too young to remember Jacques Villeneuve (2nd place 1996, 4 wins, beat a world champ [ok, schu was in a **** car]). Shut up Lewis.

Also, he should blame himself for losing the championship, stayed out too long in China, screwed up in Brazil. Granted it's pre-season now but I don't see anyone else talking smack. So much for all this "maturing" we've been hearing so much about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Silly silly boy,he needs a schooling this year, although you would think he would have grown up this year when he was at the back with the "monkeys".

This is another reason why people hold Alonso in higher regard than him,he does his talking on the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lordnoah

Ok now I hate him again. Wasn't that the year his team were disqualified for driving a Ferrari with a Mercedes engine :rolleyes:. Surely his cheating team were the reason he was anywhere close to Ferrari.
    And remember he blamed the UK media for forcing him to move out of the country, when actually the real reason was because he wanted to live tax free in Switzerland.
    Hope Alonso or Massa or Button or any one really, thrashes him this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I really hope the tyre compounds work out in a way that Button will kick his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Are people annoyed at Lewis for saying this or believing what he said? In 07 Hamilton was immense, theres no other word for it. For most of the year he was neck and neck with Alonso and then during the Summer when they had their 'issues' the team did back Hamilton more then Alonso but with hindsight would you view that as a mistake by McLaren.

I dont like Lewis coming out and smack talking another driver but he does have a point in what he is saying. He was a class rookie going up against a double world champion and the most complete driver on the grid and he was more then a match for Alonso

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

frostie500 wrote: »
    Are people annoyed at Lewis for saying this or believing what he said? In 07 Hamilton was immense, theres no other word for it. For most of the year he was neck and neck with Alonso and then during the Summer when they had their 'issues' the team did back Hamilton more then Alonso but with hindsight would you view that as a mistake by McLaren.

I dont like Lewis coming out and smack talking another driver but he does have a point in what he is saying. He was a class rookie going up against a double world champion and the most complete driver on the grid and he was more then a match for Alonso

As you said, McLaren backed Hamilton for the second half of the season and he still only finished level with Alonso. He matched Alonso would be a fair assessment, to say he "blew him away" is talking smack.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    In all fairness Alonso is the biggest moaner on the grid and he throws he toys out of the cot on a regular basis.

He throws his toys but he doesn't run his mouth.

frostie500 wrote: »

First half of the season it was Alonso vs Hamilton, then it was Alonso vs Hamilton and Dennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

The topictitle says it all. I enjoyed Hamilton last ('09) season, the biggest reason being him mucking about at the back of the grid. During he season the mcLaren developed more and more, letting Hamilton racing for the win. And now he comes up with this. Maybe he tries to win a mental competition with Alonso even before the new season has started. i think Alonso is a bit stronger in the mental department. We'll see when the season kicks off in '10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ugh, this is why I never bought Autosport or F1 Racing in January. Until the cars are launched, there's always a torrent of articles full of meaningless bollocks about how "fired up" the drivers are...

"DC tells us why 1998/99/2000/01/02 will be his Year!"
    "Jenson: I'm more focused than ever"
    "Kimi - The Ice-man Cometh"
    "Is Alexander Wurz the new Schumi?" (F1 Racing, 1998... I swear to God)

That's all it is. Bored F1 drivers with no cars to drive + journos with no real news, but lots of pages to fill = Lots of pointless waffle. Even Kovalainen, one of the least talented drivers currently in F1, is at it, going on about how he's going to "push Lotus forward". Far from pushing them forward, he and his equally dire team-mate will turn what was potentially the most interesting of the new teams into an attractive-liveried pair of mobile roadblocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

sportsmen do this sort of thing, its called psyching out, or just plain poking sticks in the cage, happens in lots of sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Ya i would agree think his only trying to winde alonso up dont really think he honestly believed he blew him away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Just as I suspected.

Lewis is cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lordnoah

Maybe his Pussycat Doll girlfriend read this, as they have just split up. I suppose their break up wasn't his fault either :rolleyes:

lordnoah wrote: »
    Maybe his Pussycat Doll girlfriend read this, as they have just split up. I suppose their break up wasn't his fault either :rolleyes:

Maybe she "blew him away"...

*coughs*

RayM wrote: »
    Even Kovalainen, one of the least talented drivers currently in F1, is at it, going on about how he's going to "push Lotus forward". Far from pushing them forward, he and his equally dire team-mate will turn what was potentially the most interesting of the new teams into an attractive-liveried pair of mobile roadblocks.

I think to be fair, he meant push them forward off the track out of the way of other drivers when their Cosworth engines break.

Quite considerate of him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

He's just an arrogant gob****e plain and simple. Saw that story yesterday and have to say i wasn't a bit surprised. I'd love nothing better than for Button to hammer him this year but unfortunately i just don't see it happening :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

TOSSER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

How much of it is the Journos, the blunt nib brigade, talking up a story to get some lines???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Dumb thing to say, If he blew Alonso away what did he do to Kovi?
    And plenty of rookies have come into F1 and been competitive, they all just didn't have the good fortune to have the backing of a top tram and a championship winning car right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

smooch71 wrote: »
    I think to be fair, he meant push them forward off the track out of the way of other drivers when their Cosworth engines break.

Quite considerate of him I think.

LOL Very funny. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

gimp

Oblomov wrote: »
    How much of it is the Journos, the blunt nib brigade, talking up a story to get some lines???

1% Journos

99% Lewis = Twat

90% Journos

10% editor

But, Alonso is renown for throwing his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way and in a big way

The bookis put Hamilton as favourite, then Alonso then..... Schumacher

I think alonso has matured a lot doe, i think thats the reason he didnt respond because he know hamilton was only trying to get a rise outa him.

I know hamilton hasnt alot of fans on here me been one of them after liegate but he is a massive talent and he had a fantastic rookie year. I know some might say he is aggorant but i just think he has a huge belief in his own ability which infairness he has in bucket loads. I would luv more than anything for schumacher to win this yrs title but i would have to put hamilton as my favourite too just!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

enzo7 wrote: »
    I think alonso has matured a lot doe, i think thats the reason he didnt respond because he know hamilton was only trying to get a rise outa him.

I know hamilton hasnt alot of fans on here me been one of them after liegate but he is a massive talent and he had a fantastic rookie year. I know some might say he is aggorant but i just think he has a huge belief in his own ability which infairness he has in bucket loads. I would luv more than anything for schumacher to win this yrs title but i would have to put hamilton as my favourite too just!!
    Another Hamilton anti-fan here, but he does have lots of talent. However, I really do rate Vettel higher than him. However, I think it could be Hamilton's year based on the fact that McLaren had the quickest car in the last few races, and I think will have for this year. I'd love to see a fantastic Red Bull car and Vettel doing the business though! Be ncie if Schu, Webber, Alonso, Massa and Button all finished ahead of Hamilton too, but that's asking a bit much...!

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Another Hamilton anti-fan here, but he does have lots of talent. However, I really do rate Vettel higher than him. However, I think it could be Hamilton's year based on the fact that McLaren had the quickest car in the last few races, and I think will have for this year. I'd love to see a fantastic Red Bull car and Vettel doing the business though! Be ncie if Schu, Webber, Alonso, Massa and Button all finished ahead of Hamilton too, but that's asking a bit much...!

Have to say im not convinced by vettel at all , i just feel he is missing something:confused:. I wouldnt put him in hamiltons league at all. I just worry about the fact vettel really struggled against webber at times last season. Hope he has a good season doe. My money is on schumacher my only concern is the car and will it be close enough to the maclaren for him to make the diffrence. Anyway i cannot wait till march 14th think its going to be great season.

• Advertisement

It always amazes me how F1 fans who base their likes and dislikes on the personality rather than the ability. The public persona is more than probably very different from the real person.

The whole PR & Marketing image of Lewis Hamilton is carefully crafted by his father to appeal to sponsors and fans, the huge number of photographs, used in product promotion clearly define a carefully manipulated and crafted image.

The quotes have got to be 'news worthy' and keep Lewis in the public eye.

And, its working very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

enzo7 wrote: »
    Have to say im not convinced by vettel at all , i just feel he is missing something:confused:. I wouldnt put him in hamiltons league at all. I just worry about the fact vettel really struggled against webber at times last season. Hope he has a good season doe. My money is on schumacher my only concern is the car and will it be close enough to the maclaren for him to make the diffrence. Anyway i cannot wait till march 14th think its going to be great season.
    He's missing a McLaren under his ass maybe! Webber is an excellent driver. Personality aside, Hamilton is over-rated. Not in and never will be in Schumacher's league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

It always amazes me how F1 fans who base their likes and dislikes on the personality rather than the ability. The public persona is more than probably very different from the real person.

The whole PR & Marketing image of Lewis Hamilton is carefully crafted by his father to appeal to sponsors and fans, the huge number of photographs, used in product promotion clearly define a carefully manipulated and crafted image.

The quotes have got to be 'news worthy' and keep Lewis in the public eye.

And, its working very well.

Isn't that what we do with everyone?

So its ok for him to be a dick as long its to make himself more money since he has some talent?
    How come other F1 drivers can do their PR without it?

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    He's missing a McLaren under his ass maybe! Webber is an excellent driver. Personality aside, Hamilton is over-rated. Not in and never will be in Schumacher's league.

I think we will agree to disagree on vettel nice lad and all. I have to say i think hamilton in hugely under-rated and i think he deserves huge credit for the way he turned last season around. This doesnt change the fact his an utter twat i just think he should be judged on his talent not what he says/does off the track.

I totally agree never will be in schumacher league.

But this happens in real life. I work with people that are good at their job but they happen to be assholes. So I don't like them and I ain't gonna be their friend.

I also think that you can usually get a feel for what kind of person a celebrity is by the way they conduct themselves in the spotlight. And Hamilton has come across as an arrogant spoilt little brat who's been told his whole life how bloody wonderful he is and how the rest of the grid aren't fit to lace his boots.

I mean comparing himself to Ayrton Senna before he'd even won his first championship. Come on!

Sorry, but the guys a dick. Ron and Anthony can probably take the blame for a lot of it but he's still a dick.

Advertisement